ImageImageImageImage

The Detroit Lions have signed undrafted Boise State quarterb

Moderator: theBigLip

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Re: The Detroit Lions have signed undrafted Boise State quar 

Post#21 » by kellmellus50 » Wed May 2, 2012 11:50 am

TSE wrote:Wow great post! I was just getting my computer warmed up to search for our UDFA news and of course the first place I find it is here on RealGM. Not bad when a forum board becomes the quickest way to get breaking news! :) This is the best forum board out there for sports it's such a shame that more people don't know about it yet.

I agree with you about Moore, I just like having natural winners on the team. Moore is smart to choose the Lions since we only have 2 QBs on the roster. The QB controversy could heat up pretty quick if Stafford gets hurt, or traded. With the prices teams were paying for what they want I would love to know what kind of haul some team would have paid up to get a proven guy like Stafford. Dang, I guess we'll never know but we can always gossip about it here, nobody minds right? LOL

I think the steal of the draft is Burfict because he will have a much greater chance of seeing the field before Moore, but for our picks this is definitely a value pick since the cost was nothing. I was hoping for David Molk and James Brown to make it as well as that could have been truly the best value to help compete for our interior OL spots. We have new young competition pretty much at every position so hopefully some of these new OG UDFAs have something to say about that.

Oh and I did see that Gruden QB camp session with Moore, he's pretty likable, but not as likable as Gruden is of course. I love that show and that man. ;)

quote="TSE"]Wow great post! Thanks TSE
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#22 » by ajaX82 » Thu May 3, 2012 9:40 pm

Not a UDFA but apparently we have offered Ryan Grant a contract
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#23 » by TSE » Fri May 4, 2012 12:28 am

Wish we were talking rumors about somebody more exciting than Ryan Grant. If we have money we should trade and do something more interesting.

Icness wrote:Anyways, Zabransky couldn't survive one camp with the Texans to be their #3. He's been a backup in Edmonton for the past couple of seasons. IMO Moore will be lucky to have that much of a career. Root for him to do well but don't expect it.

Jared Zabransky never got a shot to start in the NFL. It's pretty easy to fail when you don't actually get a chance to play. Not saying Zabransky would have been any good, but the point is what would Moore do if we actually intended to use him, and if we don't commit to him then that's not necessarily a reflection on Kellen Moore for not getting the job done. It's not a qualified test until the powers that be make a conscious decision to allow him the opportunity. Therefore Zabransky is an invalid comparison to justify why Moore would or would not have success.
Bartender
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#24 » by Bartender » Fri May 4, 2012 4:12 am

Moore is a twenty something year old in a high schoolers body. He wouldn't last in a game.
TSE wrote:Wow I actually like this trade, good job Mayhew!
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#25 » by TSE » Fri May 4, 2012 11:53 pm

Bartender wrote:Moore is a twenty something year old in a high schoolers body. He wouldn't last in a game.

I predict Vontaze Burfict will knock him out of a game in the future. It was part of the Mayan Prophecy too. The only question is what number will pop up the next day on the meter posted on the Bengals' homepage for the legendary Burfictometer tallying the number of players he has knocked out of a game?
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#26 » by Lionlifer » Mon May 7, 2012 5:43 pm

I predict Vontaze did more damage to his draft stock than he will to any other player :D
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#27 » by kellmellus50 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:20 pm

The only other quarterback in camp is William & Mary's RJ Archer, who is one of the unsigned tryout players.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... z1ueoqa1kh
OB- wan
Senior
And1: 3

Post#28 » by OB- wan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Moore isn't going to make the team. He should skip trying to play in the NFL and go right into coaching. That's where he will probably end up.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#29 » by kellmellus50 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Morre will be here a long time,He is not going anywhere but up.
reeDfense
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#30 » by reeDfense » Fri Sep 7, 2012 3:45 pm

OB- wan wrote:Moore isn't going to make the team. He should skip trying to play in the NFL and go right into coaching. That's where he will probably end up.

well..he made the team..and has looked decent to me..

Return to Detroit Lions