ImageImageImageImageImage

Hakim Warrick

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Grizzfan777
Senior
And1: 0

Hakim Warrick 

Post#1 » by Grizzfan777 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:08 am

Would you guys be interested in a deal for Hakim Warrick...the Grizzlies PF who has not been given minutes after a great season last year and is just rotting on the bench in Memphis? He is only given 13 minutes per game but is instant offense in that time averaging 8ppg while having to share with Miller, Gasol, and Gay.

I started the trade on the TC and I included Wright as he is what the Grizz need at the time. We run an offense kind of like yours and he would be great with us and our coach is supposedly amazing with big-man development.

So would you accept a deal of:

Brandan Wright

for

Hakim Warrick
Andre Brown
2010 lottery protected first

With our team finally getting healthy again we should soon be getting back on track especially with Conley back. I would like feedback on the trade but thanks for hearing me out.
iowarrior
Rookie

Post#2 » by iowarrior » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:16 am

Sorry, the Warriors will not trade BWright.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#3 » by marthafokker » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:24 am

You smoking something? I want some.

The only thing Warrick is worth are Pietrus and/or POB.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#4 » by Thugleavy34 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:44 am

Come on now, he's way better than Pietras. I think Azubuike for Warrick is more of a fair trade.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#5 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:47 am

Unprotect that pick down to top 3 and make it an 09 and I'm listening.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
bgassassin
Starter

Post#6 » by bgassassin » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:00 am

Wow that was a bad trade.

I'm expecting Stoudamire/Warrick for Pietrus/O'Bryant if we do make a trade.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by crzy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:15 am

You'd have to make that pick an unprotected 2008 pick for me to be interested.

We could get Warrick for far less than that.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by crzy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:17 am

Thugleavy34 wrote:Come on now, he's way better than Pietras. I think Azubuike for Warrick is more of a fair trade.

Not really. He's about as productive at Pietrus this season. Face it you're not going to get much for a player that hardly sees the court anymore.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#9 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:59 am

I love what Hakim did in the NCAA tournament for Syracuse but I think that Barnes, Harrington and Jackson are better forwards for the Warriors than Warwick would be. We need a great 4/5 tweener who can rebound and a high energy limited minutes back up point guard; Warwick is a 3/4 tweener who is better at offense than than he is defense and rebounding.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#10 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:45 pm

Warrick would be a nice addition to the bench, but that is it. You also don't give up a lottery pick for him, unless it is POB.

What is going on with Warrick anyway???
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Hakim Warrick 

Post#11 » by St.Nick » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:01 pm

Grizzfan777 wrote:Would you guys be interested in a deal for Hakim Warrick...the Grizzlies PF who has not been given minutes after a great season last year and is just rotting on the bench in Memphis? He is only given 13 minutes per game but is instant offense in that time averaging 8ppg while having to share with Miller, Gasol, and Gay.

I started the trade on the TC and I included Wright as he is what the Grizz need at the time. We run an offense kind of like yours and he would be great with us and our coach is supposedly amazing with big-man development.

So would you accept a deal of:

Brandan Wright

for

Hakim Warrick
Andre Brown

With our team finally getting healthy again we should soon be getting back on track especially with Conley back. I would like feedback on the trade but thanks for hearing me out.

Would you accept a deal of:

Mike Conley

for

Patrick O'Bryant
Troy Hudson

Of course not. Trading a lotto pick in his first year for deep bench players doesn't make much sense.

That should answer your question regarding how we feel about the proposed trade.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#12 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:44 pm

Warrick for Pietrus straight up I'd do. Maybe add a 2nd. That's about it.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#13 » by realfung » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:06 pm

turk3d wrote:Warrick for Pietrus straight up I'd do. Maybe add a 2nd. That's about it.

+1
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#14 » by old rem » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:26 am

Wright has the ability now to do anything Warrick can-and a bit more,but he's also YOUNGER....by plenty..and has a high ceiling. Wright-Warrick are both "ultralight" Power F's. A problem I DO have with Wright is he's no more a rebounds-power guy than harrington,but neither is warrick.

I'd have an interest in Warrick-won't give a whole lot.
CENSORED... No comment.
Subaculta
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#15 » by Subaculta » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:55 am

old rem wrote:. A problem I DO have with Wright is he's no more a rebounds-power guy than harrington,but neither is warrick.

yeah but Wright is a wingspan-pogo stick rebounder which Al is not... there's no reason to believe Wright (given the minutes) won't be grabbing more then the 6 or 7 Al does on the average night.

thanks for the sig Boogie!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#16 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:06 pm

Shot blocking is the difference maker with Wright.

Once he plays heavy minutes that length will show evryone why he was such a wanted quantity.

The only thing that kept him out of the Durant/Oden class was his thin body. you put some muscle and girth on that kid and the NBA will be licking their chops to get him from us.

That trade we made will go down as one of the biggest highway robberies, once we use the exception and get this kid into NBA form.

I like Warrick, but no way I'm trading our future for him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors