ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors are not getting the 6th seed folks

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Confident Warriors can handle Lakers

1 Nope...see Curry and Warriors come up short against LeBron and Lakers.
26%
2 Nope ... just a bad match up.
32%
3 Totally confident Curry and Warriors will beat LeBron and Lakers
42%

Total votes: 19

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 458

Re: Warriors are not getting the 6th seed folks 

Post#41 » by superunknown » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:04 pm

kerr and his (miss)management of klay are one of the main reasons the dubs are 10th in the west. 10th. allrilght?
and people in this board acting as it's normal.
they are fu**ing 10th in the conference despite having the best player of this generation. they are 17-17 at home which is a joke considering their away record. with that away record you shouldn't have any business being 17-17 at home. it ain't make no sense unless you **** the bed yourself. and they did it multiple times this season because they are badly coached and there no fu**ing accountability whatsoever in the whole organization. 10th in the west and 17-17 home record, heads should roll.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,427

Post#42 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:07 pm

Yep....Warriors and Lakers on a play in collision.

Post game comments after the game "Proud of our guys. Lakers made the plays down the stretch - give them credit."

This will be a close game where the Warriors give it heart but get out rebounded (Kerr predictably goes ultra small), Curry misses several threes and LeBron muscles his way to the FT line over and over again.

Can you tell I'm confident in this Warriors team? lol
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#43 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:10 pm

superunknown wrote:kerr and his (miss)management of klay are one of the main reasons the dubs are 10th in the west. 10th. allrilght?
they are fu**ing 10th in the conference despite having the best player of this generation. they are 17-17 at home which is a joke considering their away record. with that away record you shouldn't have any business being 17-17 at home. it ain't make no sense unless you **** the bed yourself. and they did it multiple times this season because they are badly coached and there no fu**ing accountability whatsoever in the whole organization. 10th in the west and 17-17 home record, heads should roll.

Yeah....weird how the dynastic past sort of covers up all the stink.

When I saw the Lakers beat Bulls WITHOUT LeBron and AD, something the Warriors wouldn't have a prayer in heck of doing, I realiized how bad the roster really is.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 458

Post#44 » by superunknown » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:33 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
superunknown wrote:kerr and his (miss)management of klay are one of the main reasons the dubs are 10th in the west. 10th. allrilght?

Yeah....weird how the dynastic past sort of covers up all the stink.

When I saw the Lakers beat Bulls WITHOUT LeBron and AD, something the Warriors wouldn't have a prayer in heck of doing, I realiized how bad the roster really is.

the stink's becoming nauseating.the dynastic past cannot cover jacks**t.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#45 » by Impuniti » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm

Fan is short for fanatic.

In a logical world, nobody would accept the fact that the team with the highest budget in the league and Steph **** Curry is logging in a pathetic 10th place. Reality is going to hit the fans and the delusional organization like a brick in the next 2-3 years once Steph slows down and stops covering all of these peoples' mistakes.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#46 » by watch1958 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:36 pm

Focusing on home away is looking in the wrong direction.

The real problem is that they can’t beat anyone in the West, except the dregs.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 86

Post#47 » by billinder33 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:05 pm

Impuniti wrote:
billinder33 wrote:
What I've learned form this board over the last 20 years is that no player except MAYBE Steph is ever worthy enough to wear a Warrio uniform and every head coach here is the de facto worst coach in the league.

If posters here had their way, we'd have an empty roster coached by an AI spreadsheet that determines rotations in real time.

If you have an argument on how Klay is a positive role model for the young guys, I'd love to hear it. Because I presented several reasons why not only is he not, but Kerr catering so much to him has created a system without merit in this team.

I'm not sure grouping the whole board as if there's a hivemind where everyone thinks the same. Klay should have been traded awhile ago, that was my take awhile ago and so far everything points that it should have been the case. I've been wrong on plenty of other issues. Not just because he's not as good as he used to be, but because Steve cannot coach him as a rational human being and it's hurt the dynamic of the team throughout the seasons. People seem to struggle that being a great player =/= positive in other aspects of the game. Klay is one of the most selfish players in the entire league. You dealt with it because the good greatly overpowered the bad (every player has his negatives, including Steph).

But I'd love to know how the guy who had two top 20 all time greats play together, sacrifice parts of their game, responded with I'm not changing ****. Some random all star thought he was too good for that, but maybe you have the secret recipe on what makes Klay such a great role model for the young ins.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Just sounds like random ranting.

I posted a tongue-in-cheek thread based off the Moody thread "Is Klay an NBA player?". The overwhelming consensus was "yes he is". If in fact he is, then it's just a matter of matching player to value, and value to court minutes. Simple as.

The reason Kerr has been playing Klay so much is that there basically is no one else right now. That's not a Kerr issue, it's FO issue. I'd love to see Klay at 20-24 minutes a game, but Moody's shooting has been a disaster, Wiggins is unreliable, Podz is needed as a primary handler, JK is needed as an interior threat, Q and Gui are still learning the NBA game and their roles within, and Saric is basically a worse version of Klay on both ends of the court. Moody has had every opportunity to step into Klay's role and hasn't. THERE IS NO ONE ELSE.

And calling Klay a locker room cancer is ridiculous, click-baity hyperbole. A guy who had a primary role in 4 titles, one of the NBA'ss all time shooters, not wanting to be demoted isn't a sign of being a cancer, it's a sign of being a competitor. He hasn't gone out an lobbied his case in the media or scrubbed the Ws from his Xitter feed. He's said things 'it's tough' and 'it hurts'. That doesn't make him Poole or Dray or Terrell Owens or Antonio Brown. Get a grip.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#48 » by Impuniti » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:29 pm

billinder33 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
billinder33 wrote:
What I've learned form this board over the last 20 years is that no player except MAYBE Steph is ever worthy enough to wear a Warrio uniform and every head coach here is the de facto worst coach in the league.

If posters here had their way, we'd have an empty roster coached by an AI spreadsheet that determines rotations in real time.

If you have an argument on how Klay is a positive role model for the young guys, I'd love to hear it. Because I presented several reasons why not only is he not, but Kerr catering so much to him has created a system without merit in this team.

I'm not sure grouping the whole board as if there's a hivemind where everyone thinks the same. Klay should have been traded awhile ago, that was my take awhile ago and so far everything points that it should have been the case. I've been wrong on plenty of other issues. Not just because he's not as good as he used to be, but because Steve cannot coach him as a rational human being and it's hurt the dynamic of the team throughout the seasons. People seem to struggle that being a great player =/= positive in other aspects of the game. Klay is one of the most selfish players in the entire league. You dealt with it because the good greatly overpowered the bad (every player has his negatives, including Steph).

But I'd love to know how the guy who had two top 20 all time greats play together, sacrifice parts of their game, responded with I'm not changing ****. Some random all star thought he was too good for that, but maybe you have the secret recipe on what makes Klay such a great role model for the young ins.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Just sounds like random ranting.

I posted a tongue-in-cheek thread based off the Moody thread "Is Klay an NBA player?". The overwhelming consensus was "yes he is". If in fact he is, then it's just a matter of matching player to value, and value to court minutes. Simple as.

The reason Kerr has been playing Klay so much is that there basically is no one else right now. That's not a Kerr issue, it's FO issue. I'd love to see Klay at 20-24 minutes a game, but Moody's shooting has been a disaster, Wiggins is unreliable, Podz is needed as a primary handler, JK is needed as an interior threat, Q and Gui are still learning the NBA game and their roles within, and Saric is basically a worse version of Klay on both ends of the court. Moody has had every opportunity to step into Klay's role and hasn't. THERE IS NO ONE ELSE.

Unless you have trouble understanding basic English, I'm not sure what you're confused about. You stated Warriors should keep Klay in the team as a locker room presence, and I listed several reasons why he's a horrible locker room presence. Then you went on some random pointless tangent on how some fans only see Steph in a positive light and everyone else in a negative light.

The main reason Kerr has played Klay so much is because Kerr trusts his guys from his circle more than anyone else. Yes the FO has been trending downward since West left so one of lightyears' sons can take part of his role and are also at fault. But this isn't a multiple choice issue where we have to choose 1 major problem. Kerr has little semblance of merit in his coaching style. This is why we see a vet who plays like crap and continues playing with impunity until things are almost out of control, meanwhile others are being looked at in a microscope. Playing Wiggins non-stop for the first two months of the season where he was arguably the worst player in the league was disgraceful, and then Klay being treated with kid gloves until half the season was done and they were out of the playin. Moody was playing really well 3-4 months ago and got no chances until injuries/suspension much later in the season.

I also don't know why you mention other guys not doing to well as why he has plenty of game time. Klay also sucks, that's the problem. They're -2.8 with him on the court and +5.7 with him off. Until two months ago, he was also doing very good vs bench units. So Klay under normal circumstances would be a solid addition, however his entitlement and Kerr's coddling can't allow for a fair process.

And calling Klay a locker room cancer is ridiculous, click-baity hyperbole. A guy who had a primary role in 4 titles, one of the NBA'ss all time shooters, not wanting to be demoted isn't a sign of being a cancer, it's a sign of being a competitor. He hasn't gone out an lobbied his case in the media or scrubbed the Ws from his Xitter feed. He's said things 'it's tough' and 'it hurts'. That doesn't make him Poole or Dray or Terrell Owens or Antonio Brown. Get a grip.

I'm glad Klay said the right things to the media. By this brilliant logic, I trust every politician that's ever existed. :lol: He is a locker room cancer because he has an expectation that doesn't fit with the value he brings on the court. He has one of the worst body languages in the league, sulking all the time. Probably the worst momentum shifter in the league where he takes 1 foot 25 footers on a bad angle with a hand on his face even when he shoots like crap. They had a team meeting so he stops playing like a selfish **** last season, which lasted a grand total of 10 days before he reverted back. I don't think I've ever seen a worse low IQ shoot-off between teammates like JP and Klay last season who were trying to prove who should be starting in the history of the sport, both playing for themselves instead of the team. I'm also unsure why Klay would even take the team off social media or complain there, because the amount of leeway he's been getting from his coach is rarely ever seen in basketball from a team that supposedly wants to win another championship.

You keep repeating the same thing. Being a great player and contributing doesn't = great teammate. Ronaldo is one of the most egotistical players in football history and at times, incredibly selfish. Yet he's arguably the second best player of all time. MJ is a piece of **** human being and is the best player of all time in his sport. Klay especially during the first 3 rings was an elite 3&D guy. Even if he's a space cadet who plays his own game offensively, his good grossly outweighed his negatives. He's gotten more annoying, bitter and entitled as he's gotten worse at basketball.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,372

Post#49 » by Onus » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:56 pm

The Golden State Warriors have a 45-21 record without Klay Thompson since 2021-22.

This notion that we need Klay because the roster isn't good enough is false. Klay actively sabotages the team when he plays. His defense is horrendous. His effort sucks. His rebounding is the worst in the league. He's constantly giving up on plays. We constantly run offense through him hoping he makes shots to make him a neutral player. He's a selfish player that takes horrendous shots. We've literally started multiple different players (JP, Moody, Podz) in Klay's position and have thrived without him. He would help the team more from his couch than on the floor.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
billinder33
Junior

Post#50 » by billinder33 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:02 pm

Onus wrote:The Golden State Warriors have a 45-21 record without Klay Thompson since 2021-22.

This notion that we need Klay because the roster isn't good enough is false.

Then it's good no one has actually made that assertion.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,093

Post#51 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:04 pm

I've long since given up on Klay, and the thing that really did it for me..

Steph Curry is this franchise, right? Saved it.. works his ass off.. doesnt make waves. Best player in franchise history. How many times during his career have you seen Steph quit on a defensive play? Just up and quit on one? Maybe a handful

Klay does that quite a bit, sometimes multiple times in the same game. What rules does he play by where the best player in franchise history doesnt take plays off, but he does? Simple as that.. while I do blame Kerr for playing him so much, Klay's done so much pouting and quitting this year that he is wholly responsible for his contract situation and that a sizeable chunk of the fanbase doesnt want him anymore
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,372

Post#52 » by Onus » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:05 pm

billinder33 wrote:

billinder33 wrote:
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#53 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:12 am

Onus wrote:The Golden State Warriors have a 45-21 record without Klay Thompson since 2021-22.

This notion that we need Klay because the roster isn't good enough is false. Klay actively sabotages the team when he plays. His defense is horrendous. His effort sucks. His rebounding is the worst in the league. He's constantly giving up on plays. We constantly run offense through him hoping he makes shots to make him a neutral player. He's a selfish player that takes horrendous shots. We've literally started multiple different players (JP, Moody, Podz) in Klay's position and have thrived without him. He would help the team more from his couch than on the floor.

Klay right now is typical of a guy that no longer has it but insists on taking the same shots. In his prime, he was explode and square up an hit crazy threes. Now he get's to a spot and shoots in a rush while falling to his right so as to favor the one leg. Rookies would absolutely get yanked and sent to the bench for the prayers he's shooting.

Anyway, it's really up to Kerr and the Warriors to reduce him minutes and then just let him walk (or trade him to a sucker). Klay is going to Klay...no longer has it...but I don't think it's lack of effort....
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#54 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:16 am

Onus wrote:
billinder33 wrote:

billinder33 wrote:

Don't agree. Moody could get all his minutes. Lester Q could get his minutes. I would rather watch young guys make mistakes because of youth than Klay, a complete shadow of himself.

You know what Kerr sees in Klay? He sees a long shot hope that Klay will have a hot shooting night to bail out the Warriors. That is NOT reality and Kerr, refusing to fully invest in the younger guys, keeps putting Klay in hoping he'll bail his team out.
billinder33
Junior

Post#55 » by billinder33 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:39 pm

Onus wrote:
billinder33 wrote:

billinder33 wrote:

I'm talking about this season, not moving forward. What great G-leaguer you replacing Klay with right now? That's right, none.

I may have issues with Klay, but with the choice being between struggling vets and inconsistent rookies, Kerr is making the right choice.

Next year is a completely different discussion
billinder33
Junior

Post#56 » by billinder33 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:45 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Onus wrote:
billinder33 wrote:

billinder33 wrote:

Don't agree. Moody could get all his minutes. Lester Q could get his minutes. I would rather watch young guys make mistakes because of youth than Klay, a complete shadow of himself.

You know what Kerr sees in Klay? He sees a long shot hope that Klay will have a hot shooting night to bail out the Warriors. That is NOT reality and Kerr, refusing to fully invest in the younger guys, keeps putting Klay in hoping he'll bail his team out.

Yeah, Moody's awesome 0-14 shooting streaks will have the W's roaring through the playoffs. Then people here can b***h about Moody non-stop and how his failures are all Kerr's fault. Same old RGM, just another day ending in Y.

Moody in a big minute role has been a failure up to this point. Maybe there's an NBA starter hiding in him somewhere, but let's all be honest for once, he hasn't shown it. And it's not like he hasn't had the opportunities.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#57 » by Nvnervous45 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Man, the moody love on this forum is just illogical. "Just put moody in" and "if kerr would just put moody in." It's like you guys are living in a dream world where moody is some kind of michael jordanesque savior. Good rotational piece yes, fringe starter on a great team, yes. Hero of the dynasty, no! It's like we can't see with our own eyes what we have in this guy. But you say his plus/minus, his plus/minus! Yes your plus/minus tends to be better when you play light minutes against every teams backup scrubs. I swear it's like a broken record you play backwards just to hear the hidden message. Just stop with the moody for president already.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,093

Post#58 » by whatisacenter » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:14 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:Man, the moody love on this forum is just illogical. "Just put moody in" and "if kerr would just put moody in." It's like you guys are living in a dream world where moody is some kind of michael jordanesque savior. Good rotational piece yes, fringe starter on a great team, yes. Hero of the dynasty, no! It's like we can't see with our own eyes what we have in this guy. But you say his plus/minus, his plus/minus! Yes your plus/minus tends to be better when you play light minutes against every teams backup scrubs. I swear it's like a broken record you play backwards just to hear the hidden message. Just stop with the moody for president already.

I feel like most of the fans here still want Moody over Kuminga. Every JK mistake gets screamed about from the mountain tops.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#59 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Nvnervous45 wrote:Man, the moody love on this forum is just illogical. "Just put moody in" and "if kerr would just put moody in." It's like you guys are living in a dream world where moody is some kind of michael jordanesque savior. Good rotational piece yes, fringe starter on a great team, yes. Hero of the dynasty, no! It's like we can't see with our own eyes what we have in this guy. But you say his plus/minus, his plus/minus! Yes your plus/minus tends to be better when you play light minutes against every teams backup scrubs. I swear it's like a broken record you play backwards just to hear the hidden message. Just stop with the moody for president already.

I feel like most of the fans here still want Moody over Kuminga. Every JK mistake gets screamed about from the mountain tops.

There’s a small minority that don’t like JK for whatever reason even though he’s clearly the 2nd option on this team.

As to Moody, he is not a savior, but at least he’s at least as good as Podz which he deserves to play. It’s just Kerr will make room in his rotation for guards, but will not do the same for forwards. As to his 3 point shooting, one could ask the same of Podz. Check his game logs, Podz has several stretches where he shot the three point poorly, yet he is starter and Moody can not even get off the bench. You’re telling me Saric is better than Moody and he even gets more run.

Kerr is clearly in the wrong and I’m not here working for Warrior’s PR department to spin it.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#60 » by Nvnervous45 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:34 pm

What does he do better than podz?

Return to Golden State Warriors