ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors are not getting the 6th seed folks

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Confident Warriors can handle Lakers

1 Nope...see Curry and Warriors come up short against LeBron and Lakers.
26%
2 Nope ... just a bad match up.
32%
3 Totally confident Curry and Warriors will beat LeBron and Lakers
42%

Total votes: 19

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Re: Warriors are not getting the 6th seed folks 

Post#21 » by HiRez » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:09 pm

If they drop these 2 games to the Mavs and Lakers, they are basically locked into the 10 seed (as those 2 teams are the ones directly in front of them) and will have to win 2 play-in games. Plus, that means no rest before the playoffs start, so even if they get through the play-in, they're going to go in tired as an older team.

I would never count them 100% out, but it's looking pretty grim.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#22 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:21 pm

Taht just means a title in 2025 #amirite
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,372

Post#23 » by Onus » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:48 pm

As long as we can play defense we got a shot to beat anyone.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
billinder33
Junior
And1: 86

Post#24 » by billinder33 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:19 pm

watch1958 wrote:He’s coming back at 2/48.

I could live with 2/24 as a bench sniper and positive locker room culture veteran. I don't think he's worth $12m a year just on ball skills alone, but that's an amount you can work around cap-wise while showing other free agents that you respect a player's legacy. Plus it co-terms him with Steph and Kerr.

Going much over that is crazy town, and he wouldn't likely get it elsewhere. Even if he degraded rapidly, it wouldn't be anywhere close to a league-worst contract.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,093

Post#25 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 pm

they could give him 48m per year and I wouldnt give a ****... not the issue. Him being on the roster with the way Kerr uses him is the issue
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,202

Post#26 » by cpower » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:51 am

he is not worth anything right now, net negative and going to get worse every year. there are plenty of instant offense out there for much cheaper
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,929

Post#27 » by Hoopstar23 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:57 am

cpower wrote:

he is not worth anything right now, net negative and going to get worse every year. there are plenty of instant offense out there for much cheaper

i rather have Buddy Hield, Cam Thomas, Malik Monk, Kevin Huerter, Bodjan Bojanovic over Klay right now...
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#28 » by watch1958 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:20 am

Their record against the West is pathetic. They had that hot start. Since then, they are 12-23 vs the West, with a big chunk against SA and PDX.

Over the full season, they are 8-21 vs the teams ahead of them in the West.

Since the 5-1 start, their record versus those same teams is 3-20.

Against that backdrop, it’s hard to be excited about wins against Eastern teams.

Can’t be #6 if you can’t beat the teams ahead of you.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#29 » by Impuniti » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:35 pm

billinder33 wrote:

I could live with 2/24 as a bench sniper and positive locker room culture veteran. I don't think he's worth $12m a year just on ball skills alone, but that's an amount you can work around cap-wise while showing other free agents that you respect a player's legacy. Plus it co-terms him with Steph and Kerr.

Going much over that is crazy town, and he wouldn't likely get it elsewhere. Even if he degraded rapidly, it wouldn't be anywhere close to a league-worst contract.

People are still living in a universe where they can't tell guys like Dray and Klay are generally locker room cancers for different reasons. Dray is still good so you keep the good with the bad. Klay is such a good positive vibe that Steve Kerr put him in the starting lineup immediately after he came back from 2 1/2 years to coddle his ego 2 seasons ago, and it took until 50% of the season this season with them being out of the playin to make him change his mind. The same guy they had a meeting to.. checks notes.. pass the ball and stop playing for himself last season which last less than 2 weeks.

Experienced guys that are positive locker room culture players are ones that know their role 100% to a tea. Klay has quite literally never been that once in his life, as he's the same guy that said I'm not changing **** when KD joined the team 7 years back.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#30 » by Impuniti » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:36 pm

Onus wrote:As long as we can play defense we got a shot to beat anyone.

What is this based on? The team vs playoff western teams is nearly as bad as the worst teams in the entire league right now, they've made their entire career out of beating crappy NBA teams this season.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 458

Post#31 » by superunknown » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:53 pm

well, they played D tonight but couldn't produce much on the offensive side of the ball.
to win the west this season you'll need both. playing good D and sound offense. this team hasn't showed the ability to do as such in 65 games. they're bad coached and too inconsistent.
it's been all year long the same.
Onus
RealGM

Post#32 » by Onus » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:50 pm

Impuniti wrote:

What is this based on? The team vs playoff western teams is nearly as bad as the worst teams in the entire league right now, they've made their entire career out of beating crappy NBA teams this season.

The fact we were gifting Klay 30 min and he was closing and we were still in those games. We were playing those games with an anchor and they were able to get any shot they wanted when klay was out there and yet those games were still close. You remove Klay and we can play defense again that changes the equation.
Onus
RealGM

Post#33 » by Onus » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:51 pm

superunknown wrote:

well, they played D tonight but couldn't produce much on the offensive side of the ball.
to win the west this season you'll need both. playing good D and sound offense. this team hasn't showed the ability to do as such in 65 games. they're bad coached and too inconsistent.
it's been all year long the same.

They did but we didn't have steph. Add steph to this game and the defense was good enough for us to win.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#34 » by Impuniti » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:51 pm

Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

The fact we were gifting Klay 30 min and he was closing and we were still in those games. We were playing those games with an anchor and they were able to get any shot they wanted when klay was out there and yet those games were still close. You remove Klay and we can play defense again that changes the equation.

But Klay isn't getting removed. Just because he doesn't start, he has ended up closing most games since he went to the bench and on average has been the 3rd or 4th in MPG. It's going to take Kerr 3 more years before he puts Klay in the position he should be now.
Onus
RealGM

Post#35 » by Onus » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:54 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:What is this based on? The team vs playoff western teams is nearly as bad as the worst teams in the entire league right now, they've made their entire career out of beating crappy NBA teams this season.

But Klay isn't getting removed. Just because he doesn't start, he has ended up closing most games since he went to the bench and on average has been the 3rd or 4th in MPG. It's going to take Kerr 3 more years before he puts Klay in the position he should be now.

It makes it easier for him not to close when he doesn't start. Him not closing being an option now just raises the bar.
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#36 » by Sandy333 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:08 pm

Warriors are not to win it all this, might as well drop out of playin while steph gets his rest. This can confidently beat only the wizards without steph. Kerr deserves the heist of the year award for contract he got. Are the assistants paid by steph or by the organisation ?
billinder33
Junior
And1: 86

Post#37 » by billinder33 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:34 pm

Impuniti wrote:
billinder33 wrote:

People are still living in a universe where they can't tell guys like Dray and Klay are generally locker room cancers for different reasons. Dray is still good so you keep the good with the bad. Klay is such a good positive vibe that Steve Kerr put him in the starting lineup immediately after he came back from 2 1/2 years to coddle his ego 2 seasons ago, and it took until 50% of the season this season with them being out of the playin to make him change his mind. The same guy they had a meeting to.. checks notes.. pass the ball and stop playing for himself last season which last less than 2 weeks.

Experienced guys that are positive locker room culture players are ones that know their role 100% to a tea. Klay has quite literally never been that once in his life, as he's the same guy that said I'm not changing **** when KD joined the team 7 years back.

What I've learned form this board over the last 20 years is that no player except MAYBE Steph is ever worthy enough to wear a Warrio uniform and every head coach here is the de facto worst coach in the league.

If posters here had their way, we'd have an empty roster coached by an AI spreadsheet that determines rotations in real time.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,093

Post#38 » by whatisacenter » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:49 pm

billinder33 wrote:
Spoiler:
Impuniti wrote:
billinder33 wrote:

What I've learned form this board over the last 20 years is that no player except MAYBE Steph is ever worthy enough to wear a Warrio uniform and every head coach here is the de facto worst coach in the league.

If posters here had their way, we'd have an empty roster coached by an AI spreadsheet that determines rotations in real time.

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Onus
RealGM

Post#39 » by Onus » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:04 pm

billinder33 wrote:

NGL an AI spreadsheet would probably do a lot better to determine rotations since it doesn't have to deal with player's egos.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#40 » by Impuniti » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:42 pm

billinder33 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
billinder33 wrote:

If you have an argument on how Klay is a positive role model for the young guys, I'd love to hear it. Because I presented several reasons why not only is he not, but Kerr catering so much to him has created a system without merit in this team.

I'm not sure grouping the whole board as if there's a hivemind where everyone thinks the same. Klay should have been traded awhile ago, that was my take awhile ago and so far everything points that it should have been the case. I've been wrong on plenty of other issues. Not just because he's not as good as he used to be, but because Steve cannot coach him as a rational human being and it's hurt the dynamic of the team throughout the seasons. People seem to struggle that being a great player =/= positive in other aspects of the game. Klay is one of the most selfish players in the entire league. You dealt with it because the good greatly overpowered the bad (every player has his negatives, including Steph).

But I'd love to know how the guy who had two top 20 all time greats play together, sacrifice parts of their game, responded with I'm not changing ****. Some random all star thought he was too good for that, but maybe you have the secret recipe on what makes Klay such a great role model for the young ins.

Return to Golden State Warriors