ImageImageImageImageImage

KLAY needs the come off the bench PERIOD.

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 364

Re: KLAY needs the come off the bench PERIOD. 

Post#21 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:03 pm

Have Cp3, Klay & Wiggs placed in 2nd unit.

Think our starting 5 of Curry, Podz, Moody, Kuminga & Green might be good enough to compete.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#22 » by Nvnervous45 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:32 am

Wiggs is better than moody, but his mind is with his father and rightfully so. Until then moody should probably start.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#23 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:51 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:Klay is a j.j Redick or kyle Korner at this point in his career. The guy can't guard a stop sign.
I'll take the starting lineup of:
Curry
Podz
Wiggins
Kuminga
Dray

With the bench of:
Paul
GpII
Thompson
Moody
Tjd

Saric and looney can lump it.

Fine but we have to get Looney in for at least a minute per game for his consecutive games streak which is impressive for a guy who was injured for his first 3 years.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#24 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:06 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:Wiggs is better than moody, but his mind is with his father and rightfully so. Until then moody should probably start.

I was a Celtic fan in 1986. I still remember Mitchel Wiggins playing in the 1986 finals for the Rockets. Mitchel was a good midrange shooter. 1987 Rockets had both of their 1986 off guards Mitchel Wiggins and Lewis Lloyd tossed out of the NBA for drug use.

1986 Rockets made it to the Finals despite having their starting point guard John Lucas tossed out of the NBA for drug use. Chamion Celtics had the number 2 overall pick in the draft but that guy Len Bias dropped dead from a drug overdose the night hours after being drafted. Len Bias was not going to be a James Wiseman if he lived but I guess Bias was even more off a stiff than Wiseman after rigger mortise set in.

Warriors father and son team:
Gary the glove Payton, Steph Curry, Klay, Mychael Thompso, Dale Davis.
Bench GP2, Dell Curry, Mitchel Wiggins, Andrew Wiggins, Trayce Davis.

Current Warriors having 5 players with NBA dads will probably never happen again.
If all at their peaks that father and son team would be quite good and they have every position covered.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,093

Post#25 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:31 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:Wiggs is better than moody, but his mind is with his father and rightfully so. Until then moody should probably start.

Yup.. love Moody but most folks opinion on Wiggins remains influenced by the general masses who still don’t see that he’s actually a very good player
vvoland
Senior
And1: 111

Post#26 » by vvoland » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:32 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:

Yup.. love Moody but most folks opinion on Wiggins remains influenced by the general masses who still don’t see that he’s actually a very good player

When, exactly?
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#27 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:15 pm

vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

When, exactly?

When what?
vvoland
Senior

Post#28 » by vvoland » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:42 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

When, exactly?

When what?

When, exactly, was he an "actually very good player"?
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#29 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Mar 7, 2024 9:15 pm

vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
vvoland wrote:
When, exactly?

When what?

When people who know basketball were paying attention
vvoland
Senior

Post#30 » by vvoland » Thu Mar 7, 2024 9:24 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
vvoland wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
When what?

When people who know basketball were paying attention

Damn, this board is toxic. You start out with "general masses" to then conclude with the condescending vomit in this reply. I liked that you brought numbers and logic to your arguments but with an attitude like this, kick rocks.

For the record, wiggins was such a 'very good player' that minnesota traded him with a top 10 pick in the middle of his best year since he was drafted by them. You know, around the same time most GMs around the league considered him the worst contract in the NBA. I'm sure you pay better attention that the guys who do this for decades at 100hr/week.

He had a good start to his GS career, culminating in an unbelievable playoff run. I say "unbelievable" because I still can't believe it
a. actually happened, and
b. will ever happen again.

After the first 30 or so game of LAST season, wiggins has been objectively bad. This is why the team started shopping him for nothing the month before the deadline and if he hadn't started playing well (mostly giving effort on defense and the glass), he was probably gone for a heavily protected future first.

So, yes, wiggins has been an 'actually very good player.' Problem is, those rare stretches are dwarfed by entire seasons where he disappears (figuratively and literally).
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#31 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Mar 7, 2024 9:29 pm

Wiggins has been a good player for this team with the exception of the beginning of this year when his offense went ice cold. Dont care what he did in Minnesota when he was asked to be a top scoring option and handler

The general masses, which you apparently are part of by your own implication, seem to think he's useless. Go talk to casual general NBA fans. Some think he should be out of the league, or out of the rotation entirely. Others think he's lazy, non-committal, and blah blah blah.. projecting at its highest level

Meanwhile he's one of the better defenders on the team - arguably the league - and is passable on offense. When his offense is above average for stretches

Toughen up a bit too, because if thats all it takes to set you off, its not an everyone else problem
vvoland
Senior

Post#32 » by vvoland » Thu Mar 7, 2024 9:53 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Wiggins has been a good player for this team with the exception of the beginning of this year when his offense went ice cold. Dont care what he did in Minnesota when he was asked to be a top scoring option and handler

The general masses, which you apparently are part of by your own implication, seem to think he's useless. Go talk to casual general NBA fans. Some think he should be out of the league, or out of the rotation entirely. Others think he's lazy, non-committal, and blah blah blah.. projecting at its highest level

Meanwhile he's one of the better defenders on the team - arguably the league - and is passable on offense. When his offense is above average for stretches

Toughen up a bit too, because if thats all it takes to set you off, its not an everyone else problem

don't pretend like the 'general masses' or the 'people who were paying attention' were comments that weren't directed at people that disagree with your take that wiggins is a very good player.

There's a gap between 'a very good player' and 'useless' or 'out of the league' or 'out of the rotation.' Those are clearly strawman arguments and I don't think many people made them. Worst contract in the league isn't the same thing. I'm sure you know that, just being disingenuous.

He is 100% NOT one of the better defenders in the league. He had one season where his defense could even be argued as that good (21-22) but his effort has been inconsistent, to say the least. There is a reason why players, teammates, coaches and fans have all said if he played with real effort, he'd be an all-nba level player. He is not and never has been.

Yes, wiggins has been a "good" player (something i would equate to an average starter) for GS until early last year. The last 50 games of last season apparently don't count. I don't even want to get into this year. He was awful to start, had a decent 10 game stretch, and then took a week off. I'm not hating on him for leaving the team for family reasons but there's no way to call him a positive contributor for this team since ~Dec '22.

Love the internet tough guy persona telling someone to toughen up after your condescending and disrespectful responses. You should consider if you'd say it to that someone in real life and, if you did, what the consequences would be, mostly for your teeth.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#33 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Mar 7, 2024 10:07 pm

:lol: wow

Ignoring the hilarious rest of it, yes, Wiggins has been one of the league's better defenders. Been detailed a million times in actual detail, not just looking up wildly inaccurate defensive metrics based on boxscores
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,427

Post#34 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Mar 7, 2024 10:09 pm

LOL....you are both right!

Wiggins peak in the 2022 playoffs was one of the best wing defenders in the league and the Warriors second best offensive option. I contend that is non-debatable.

So....Wiggins, when right, CAN be the above. And from time to time he IS that player. But that's been very rare of late. So, on average, he is NOT that player....has been on-average very bad this year. He's trending in the right direction now and if I had to bet money, I think he will BE that player more and more as the season winds down. But the rest of his career....yeah...he might just lose all interest.

Reminds me a lot, at times, of Joe Barry Carol (Joe Barely Cares) from back in the day.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#35 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Mar 7, 2024 10:14 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:LOL....you are both right!

Wiggins peak in the 2022 playoffs was one of the best wing defenders in the league and the Warriors second best offensive option. I contend that is non-debatable.

So....Wiggins, when right, CAN be the above. And from time to time he IS that player. But that's been very rare of late. So, on average, he is NOT that player....has been on-average very bad this year. He's trending in the right direction now and if I had to bet money, I think he will BE that player more and more as the season winds down. But the rest of his career....yeah...he might just lose all interest.

Reminds me a lot, at times, of Joe Barry Carol (Joe Barely Cares) from back in the day.

Wiggins was mostly excellent for the entire 2022 season. He dipped when Draymond went out. In 2023, he had a cold streak to start the season and... Draymond went out. Because Wiggins cant play PF full time and thats what is asked of him when Draymond is out

Data is clear about it. He's a well above average player when he's playing his actual position and his defense is extremely impactful. Crazy high quality challenge rate, low FGA%, above average rebounder for the position, etc etc

Been done to death really. But not really going to do a deep dive each time someone pops their head up to announce theyve forgot it
vvoland
Senior

Post#36 » by vvoland » Thu Mar 7, 2024 10:23 pm

CDM_Stats wrote::lol: wow

Ignoring the hilarious rest of it, yes, Wiggins has been one of the league's better defenders. Been detailed a million times in actual detail, not just looking up wildly inaccurate defensive metrics based on boxscores

Ignore what you want, your advanced stats, particularly defensive, are a joke if they tell you Wiggins has been one of the league's better defenders. Unless by "has been" you mean a single 9 month stretch in the 21-22 season/playoffs.

Hasn't sniffed an all defense team and had exactly the same number of 2nd team votes during his best defensive season as ... wait for it... christian wood.

It seems every GM and most of his teammates are in agreement: his effort wanes, he is not consistent and outside a short stretch in a 10 year career, his defining characteristic has been 'unreliability'
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#37 » by Nvnervous45 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 11:21 pm

Wiggs superior athleticism over moody is without question. I think the mental aspect has suffered due to the undisclosed personal matter.
A peak wiggins who's mentally locked-in has proved he is a better defender than moody and a better scorer.
That said, if mentally lock-in wiggins shows up like we saw before his leave of absence then he's the starter, but if he's still distracted and doesn't have his heart in it, then moody is a nice plan b.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#38 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,372

Post#39 » by Onus » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:38 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Please someone sign him
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#40 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:12 pm

Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Please someone sign him

Let cp3 walk and trade away wiggins or gp2 or loon for nothing, might get us under the apron while paying klay 20+M per year.

Return to Golden State Warriors