Wiggins Out for Personal Reasons The Sequel

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

svart
Analyst
And1: 3,444

Re: Wiggins Out for Personal Reasons The Sequel 

Post#21 » by svart » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:51 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:KAT is also out today with a personal reason ...

and you think they are connected?

maybe in Call of Duty
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#22 » by Impuniti » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:26 pm

If he doesn't come back relatively soon and plays at the level required from him, then he needs to be shipped off immediately once the summer hits.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#23 » by EvanZ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:50 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Is it going to be more than a game? Might this thread be a slight overreaction?

Unfortunately it sounds like it's not an overreaction. Kerr is on 95.7 saying they don't know when he'll be back. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#24 » by EvanZ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:55 pm

Kerr just said Moody is going to start tomorrow.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#25 » by watch1958 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:10 pm

EvanZ wrote:Kerr just said Moody is going to start tomorrow.

Wiggins listed out on the injury report for Knicks game.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#26 » by EvanZ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:12 pm

watch1958 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Kerr just said Moody is going to start tomorrow.

Wiggins listed out on the injury report for Knicks game.

Yes, what part of what I said is wrong? Kerr is saying as of today they don't know when Wiggins will be back. And they won't say anything other than "personal reasons", "Wiggins would like to keep it private"....we've literally seen this before.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#27 » by watch1958 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:15 pm

Even last year, I wondered how the family stuff with Miles Bridges fed into all this. Odd that it happens now, right after Charlotte was in town.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 465

Post#28 » by Swift21 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:16 pm

smh

Read on Twitter
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,091

Post#29 » by whatisacenter » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:17 pm

EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Is it going to be more than a game? Might this thread be a slight overreaction?

Unfortunately it sounds like it's not an overreaction. Kerr is on 95.7 saying they don't know when he'll be back. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

welp, you might have something.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#30 » by EvanZ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:17 pm

Glad people can confirm what I already said lol
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,202

Post#31 » by cpower » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:27 pm

great wiggins wasting another Curry year..
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#32 » by xdrta+ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:38 pm

cpower wrote:great wiggins wasting another Curry year..

It's so hard to keep track of who's wasting Curry's year. Kerr, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, and probably more. They all have it in for Curry!
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,091

Post#33 » by whatisacenter » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:57 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
cpower wrote:great wiggins wasting another Curry year..

It's so hard to keep track of who's wasting Curry's year. Kerr, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, and probably more. They all have it in for Curry!

I am so **** sick of the "wasted Curry" crap.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#34 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:24 am

cpower wrote:i think he misses 3 games, we will play in Canada on 1st and he probably already flew back

I like this answer and I have no problem with it. Wiggs is a known quantity. We have other guys dying for playing time and we're dying to see them get significant run. As long as Wiggs comes back all smiling and energy like he has been it's a win-win.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#35 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:14 am

Moody better play well. If Moody does not play well we can give the Wiggins minutes to Podz, Klay, Quinones, Kuminga and Payton but Moody might be more similar to Wiggins than any of those guys. Maybe Kuminga is more similar but Kuminga was already getting minutes.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#36 » by SpreeChokeJob » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:29 am

Impuniti wrote:If he doesn't come back relatively soon and plays at the level required from him, then he needs to be shipped off immediately once the summer hits.

I don’t care what he does now that the team is more stable and easy schedule. As long as he shows up for playoffs he can take whatever time he needs.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#37 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:44 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Moody better play well. If Moody does not play well we can give the Wiggins minutes to Podz, Klay, Quinones, Kuminga and Payton but Moody might be more similar to Wiggins than any of those guys. Maybe Kuminga is more similar but Kuminga was already getting minutes.

It hasn't happened much but Moody and Minga play well together, iirc. I would love to see Minga, Moody and Podz develop some chemistry together.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Post#38 » by TB » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:00 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Impuniti wrote:If he doesn't come back relatively soon and plays at the level required from him, then he needs to be shipped off immediately once the summer hits.

I don’t care what he does now that the team is more stable and easy schedule. As long as he shows up for playoffs he can take whatever time he needs.

I mean he showed up for the playoffs last year and wasn't even remotely in playoff shape physically or mentally. Part of why we are stable and winning right now is because Wiggins was hitting his stride. This is potentially a major setback for the Warriors that will require Moody to instantly produce in Wiggins spot. I think he can do it but this isn't ideal.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Post#39 » by TB » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:09 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Moody better play well. If Moody does not play well we can give the Wiggins minutes to Podz, Klay, Quinones, Kuminga and Payton but Moody might be more similar to Wiggins than any of those guys. Maybe Kuminga is more similar but Kuminga was already getting minutes.

It hasn't happened much but Moody and Minga play well together, iirc. I would love to see Minga, Moody and Podz develop some chemistry together.

Interesting that most of their minutes are with a front court of Saric and/or CP3 running point, and those lineups have mostly struggled. Funny enough, what seems to unlock them from a +/- standpoint is getting Podz in. Great small sample size with Trayce at the 5 too. Essentially, they are better off and running instead of slowing down and watching the CP3/Dario half court show.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,542

Post#40 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:30 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Here. We. Go. Again.

Too much is being made of the fact that the absence is for "personal reasons." It's not like that. Wiggins isn't Generation Z. A Generation Z employee would be requesting time off to take his emotional support guinea pig to therapy. :D

Hahahaha, best post I've ever seen from you here. Gotta give you that.

Like others have said, it's a golden opportunity for Moody... let's see how he handles it.

Return to Golden State Warriors