ImageImageImageImageImage

Grab the 6th seed.

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Re: Grab the 6th seed. 

Post#21 » by tal57 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:15 pm

I guess it's possible, but realistically I am afraid they are out of reach on the 6th seed. The immediate goal should be climbing into the top of the play in field, hopefully 7th or at least 8th seed. They F'd too many games on their own in the first half. Just 5 of those losses would have been a huge difference right now if they were wins.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#22 » by wco81 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:23 pm

Dallas may be as hot as any other WC team.

Warriors supposedly have one of the easier schedules remaining but 3 games vs. Mavs.

Phoenix has one of the hardest schedules but if they ever get their Big 3 a lot of minutes they may not fall too much.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 458

Re: Grab the 6rh seed. 

Post#23 » by superunknown » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:57 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
superunknown wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
OKC is possibly the best team in the league and getting better.. avoid at all costs

but they're unproven in the playoffs, like this version of the twolves.
we've seen already "new comer" teams do well in the RS and then fail in the playoffs.
I'd be more concerned with the nuggets or (healthy) clippers/suns than the thunder/twolves regardless of the record.

but youll notice I'm not mentioning the Wolves even though they are also newbies to being relevant

OKC is the team to avoid because of a ton of factors - they can attack our biggest weaknesses, they have had a slow steady incline in team metrics all season, they are top 5 in both offense and defense (only Boston can also say that).. but the main thing is the slow steady incline. Nothing screams legitimate more than that.. yes I get that pressure in the playoffs is a variable that cant be quantified, but I tend to think its overrated, and only relevant when a star player wets themselves on the big stage. Outside of SGA, the Thunder have a lot of depth in what makes them good

They are *easily* the strongest bet in terms of odds (or at least were 3 weeks ago - although the current +2000 +2500 is nothing to sneeze at, the +4000 from weeks ago was my best bet in a while). The guy they added at the deadline is a great fit (Hayward) too... everything about them is a problem for the Warriors

I got what you're saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got bounced in the first round.
playoffs are a different animal, and they are a young team which still need tongo through the pains (and Ls) before growing. don't see them as a real contender. will see.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#24 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:03 pm

tal57 wrote:I guess it's possible, but realistically I am afraid they are out of reach on the 6th seed. The immediate goal should be climbing into the top of the play in field, hopefully 7th or at least 8th seed. They F'd too many games on their own in the first half. Just 5 of those losses would have been a huge difference right now if they were wins.

We won 10 of our last 12 games and are only 3 games back in the loss column. Warriors are hotter than those other teams are.
If we end our 6 game losing streak in games vs the Nuggets today then will you believe?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#25 » by Impuniti » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:05 pm

My worry is Denver the LA refs. Outside of that if healthy and Steve not messing around with lineups, they can take anyone else in the West and everyone from the East. Not saying they will beat them but it shouldn't be a surprise if they win.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,922

Post#26 » by cdubbz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:13 am

Watching the Kings closely. They're still a a few games ahead of us and look solid MOST nights, but they're starting to see it's not easy with a target on your back.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#27 » by cdubbz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:20 am

Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#28 » by cdubbz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:26 am

I dont mind Klays 2nd 3point attempt. nice drive by Kuminga to find him open
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#29 » by cdubbz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:27 am

okay!!! KLAY 2/3 from 3 early.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 458

Post#30 » by superunknown » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:26 am

very unlikely they'll grab the 6th seed. they threw and keep throwing away too many games.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,202

Post#31 » by cpower » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:17 pm

if we are going to grab the 6th we will need to beat some good teams
we lost to Harden Clippers and now Denver, we need to beat at least 1 of NY or Boston to have a chance. Then we are facing No and Dallas 5 times and we need to beat most of them.

We are down 4 games to No and Dallas, and a lot of catchup to do.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#32 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:29 pm

Denver trapped Curry aggressively in all 4 games. They never tried anything different and he put up some heavily contested shots.

They wrote it off as Curry tired and going to miss some shots some games.

Well he's missing in all 4 Denver games. They're never going to leave Curry against Jokic. So by now, they should have a clue of what's coming but they never try something different?

Unless they're saving something for the playoffs. The starters were dominated by the Nuggets starters.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,284

Post#33 » by Impuniti » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:40 pm

cpower wrote:if we are going to grab the 6th we will need to beat some good teams
we lost to Harden Clippers and now Denver, we need to beat at least 1 of NY or Boston to have a chance. Then we are facing No and Dallas 5 times and we need to beat most of them.

We are down 4 games to No and Dallas, and a lot of catchup to do.

I read something on twitter but apparently the Warriors have a pathetic record vs playoff teams. Nothing more than flat track bullies that get beat down by decent teams during the 3-4th quarter.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#34 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:03 pm

wco81 wrote:Denver trapped Curry aggressively in all 4 games. They never tried anything different and he put up some heavily contested shots.

They wrote it off as Curry tired and going to miss some shots some games.

Well he's missing in all 4 Denver games. They're never going to leave Curry against Jokic. So by now, they should have a clue of what's coming but they never try something different?

Unless they're saving something for the playoffs. The starters were dominated by the Nuggets starters.

Nate duncan mentioned that the Warriors had something working early by playing through wiggins early, but for no reason they just stopped giving him touches in the 2h.

The bigger issue is that kerr just can't adjust in game. When something is working, he takes a break from it. We've seen it countless times where he takes out a hot player and sits him till he cools off. And then he'll inexplicably stay with something that doesnt work much longer than it should.

Return to Golden State Warriors