ImageImageImageImageImage

Corey Joseph Appreciation Thread

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Re: Corey Joseph Appreciation Thread 

Post#21 » by TB » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:58 pm

CJ Watson and Ian Clark erasure going on in this thread.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,091

Post#22 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:00 pm

TB wrote:CJ Watson and Ian Clark erasure going on in this thread.

I remember Disaster.. uninspired nickname that stuck

I liked Ian Clark though. Him and Morrow were likeable scrubs to me
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#23 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:03 pm

Quiet Storm aka Light Drizzle
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#24 » by DevinVassell » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:38 pm

Lol, "Corey Joseph Appreciation Thread" automatically turned into "Warriors All-Time Worst Point Guard Thread".

Anyway the guy just reminded me to much of a pudgy chipmunk... and he was another Moodyblocker.

See you on the flipside big fella!
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#25 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:57 pm

I would rather have Corey Joseph’s decision making than Jordan Poole’s decision making.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#26 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:05 am

TB wrote:CJ Watson and Ian Clark erasure going on in this thread.

CJ Watson was not bad. CJ could create some offense as a point guard,

I saw Ian clark as an undersized off guard that was not a good 3 point shooter. Ian clark looked good executing set plays. I remeber Ian Clark, Klay and Curry running a perfect college weave of the type that you never see in the NBA.

Clark worked hard on defense and had pretty good speed.

Roll Ian Clark, CJ Watson and Corey Joesph into one player having the best traits of all 3 of them and you would have a good player that could crack a good 8 man rotation.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#27 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:11 am

DonaldSanders wrote:Cojo was fine as an actual 3rd string PG, the issue with him was Steve's decisions with him. Same thing has happened at times with CP3, both guys do well in their natural role.

Thank you Corey

Nothing wrong with CoJo as a 3rd string point guard.
CoJo could hit a spot up 3. CoJo’s defense was not horrible.
CoJo did not turn the ball over.

CoJo could not volume score.
CoJo was no Chris Paul when it came to assists.
CoJo’s dribble scared nobody.
CoJo created very little for teammates.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#28 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:14 am

As we developed trust in Podz CoJo lost his role. If Podz failed as a ball handler we would keep CoJo.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#29 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:18 am

DevinVassell wrote:Lol, "Corey Joseph Appreciation Thread" automatically turned into "Warriors All-Time Worst Point Guard Thread".

Anyway the guy just reminded me to much of a pudgy chipmunk... and he was another Moodyblocker.

Podz ability to handle the ball mede CoJo uneeded. Moody does not have Podz ability to handle the ball. CoJo did not block Moody. Moody blocked himself by not developing any point guard skills.

The Moody blockers are Podz Santos and Quinones and Klay. Don’t blame Kerr. If Moody was a significantly better defender than Podz and the other guys Moody would play. If Moody was as energizing as Santos Moody would would play. If Moody could do anything on offense besides hit wide open 3s and wide open drives Moody would play. Combine best qulities of Moody and best Qualities of Quinones and the resulting Moody/Quinones player would become a Podz and Klay blocker.

But Moody is not that. Moody needs 4 Warriors to be inkured. Moody is not bad but is Moody better than Payton? Is Moody better than Pods?

Santos and Quninones are almost as good as Moody. Quinones can volume score. Santos brings uplifting energy. Klay is an aginging Hall of famer. Kuminga can probably play guard.

Moody has stiff competition but CoJo was the one guy Moody was not in a competition with.Moody could not do CoJo’s job and CoJo could not do Moody’s job.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Post#30 » by TB » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:46 am

I used to enjoy watching little Dean Oliver throwing down dunks in the layup line at Oracle. That was his Finals every single night.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,359

Post#31 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:36 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
B-King wrote:
Coxy wrote:We hardly knew you Corey.

He's moved into my top 10 of recent guards to play for us that I did not enjoy with my eyeballs.

1. Brad Wanamaker
2. Chris Chiozza
3. Corey Joseph
4. Nico Mannion
5. Charles Jenkins
6. Acie Law
7. Quinn Cook
8. Jacob Evans

I would have had Bimbo Coles way up there. CoJo was just a seat filler.

Bimbo's a good old name, I'd raise with Mookie Blaylock. Traded for his veteran leadership, he immediately announced that he does other things than basketball as to why he skipped practice to play golf, and then promptly became an alcoholic

Just living the dream
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#32 » by B-King » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:41 am

Then there is Michael Ray Richardson. Great steal, dribble coast to coast then finger roll an air ball. Guess that’s what you deserve when you trade for someone nicknamed “Sugar”.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#33 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:38 pm

Cojo was better than Klay in multiple appearances. Thank you for your contribution to the cause.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,697

Post#34 » by WarriorGM » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:46 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:Lol, "Corey Joseph Appreciation Thread" automatically turned into "Warriors All-Time Worst Point Guard Thread".

Podz ability to handle the ball mede CoJo uneeded. Moody does not have Podz ability to handle the ball. CoJo did not block Moody. Moody blocked himself by not developing any point guard skills.

The Moody blockers are Podz Santos and Quinones and Klay. Don’t blame Kerr. If Moody was a significantly better defender than Podz and the other guys Moody would play. If Moody was as energizing as Santos Moody would would play. If Moody could do anything on offense besides hit wide open 3s and wide open drives Moody would play. Combine best qulities of Moody and best Qualities of Quinones and the resulting Moody/Quinones player would become a Podz and Klay blocker.

But Moody is not that. Moody needs 4 Warriors to be inkured. Moody is not bad but is Moody better than Payton? Is Moody better than Pods?

Santos and Quninones are almost as good as Moody. Quinones can volume score. Santos brings uplifting energy. Klay is an aginging Hall of famer. Kuminga can probably play guard.

Moody has stiff competition but CoJo was the one guy Moody was not in a competition with.Moody could not do CoJo’s job and CoJo could not do Moody’s job.

Is Podziemski better than Donte DiVincenzo? Because I think when push came to shove Moody was a more critical player than Donte.

In last year's playoffs I think it was revealed that what Moody does is simply more important to this team.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,091

Post#35 » by whatisacenter » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:48 pm

I was fine with CoJo and wish this was a CP appreciation thread. Podz has been just fine in CP’s absence.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,324

Post#36 » by NeoWarriors » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Golden State Warriors ProToast Elite Toaster using RealGM mobile app
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#37 » by SpreeChokeJob » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:23 pm

Podz is a much better playmaker than Moody and that’s why he’s needed with the starters. Otherwise they both do the same thing with Moody being bigger which would help defensively. Moody at this point is purely 3 and D. With his 3 not being good enough to overtake Podz play making. He either needs to boost his three, show he’s a shut down defender, or make other people’s jobs easier on offense to get a spot in the rotation. And I’m hoping he can make the case because this team will definitely need him to save them from Kerr.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#38 » by Nvnervous45 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:25 pm

WarriorGM wrote:

Is Podziemski better than Donte DiVincenzo? Because I think when push came to shove Moody was a more critical player than Donte.

In last year's playoffs I think it was revealed that what Moody does is simply more important to this team.

We lost in the playoffs, because:
1.we were too small to guard AD
2. We lacked a secondary ball-handler behind Draymond (both poole and dante are not true distributors like podz, Draymond, or paul) .

Moody does nothing to cure either of these ailments.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#39 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:33 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:

We lost in the playoffs, because:
1.we were too small to guard AD
2. We lacked a secondary ball-handler behind Draymond (both poole and dante are not true distributors like podz, Draymond, or paul) .

Moody does nothing to cure either of these ailments.

I don’t fully trust Podz to be a Draymond or Chris Paul level distributer. Donte though a combo guard in my opinion had some point guard ability. I kept thinking Payton plus Donte might equal a point guard if they played together. Payton can push the ball and Payton does not get stripped. Payton may not know what to do as a point guard and may not have good court vision but I think Payton’s dribble is OK even though Payton does not try to beat defenders with his dribble.

I think as a distributor Podz is closer to being Donte than he is to being Draymond or Chris Paul. Podz will do as a secondary distributer but he is still a rookie and he is not very fast like a fast point guard. Then again Chris Paul is no longer fast and Drymond never was fast and Curry is not fast and Sean Livingston was not fast.

I am still thinking Payton might be able to help a slow distributer but Payton does not seem to have point guard skills even if he is our fastest guy. Payton is more of a good defensive gambler than he is fast.

Moody would be helpful and could take minutes from other guys if he was the defender half of our board thinks he is. Moody plays solid defense but not special defense. I think Steph led the league in steals one year. If I could take the best defensive attributes of Curry, Payton, Chris Paul and prime Klay and give them to Moody then Moody really would be a special defender and he would play 28 plus minutes per game.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#40 » by Nvnervous45 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:40 pm

All fair points. Podz may not be on the category of Paul or draymond both hof's, however podz may be a glorified donte considering podz has averaged 3.7 assists in his rookie campaign so far, and the best donte has done in a 7 year career is average 3.6. I see podz floor being deVincenzo and his his ceiling mano ginobili if he goes super nova.
As for the hero worship of moody on this board, the only way to make sense of it is that fans are trying to speak it into existence, but as fan who isn't invested in moody, I just don't see it.

Return to Golden State Warriors