Game 48, Warriors at 76ers, no Embiid

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,054

Re: Game 48, Warriors at 76ers, no Embiid 

Post#181 » by Jester_ » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:22 am

watch1958 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:Moody having a mostly rough one.. just needs to quit on some plays defensively and I think he'll be ready to start
Still hasn’t learned to miss defense while whining to the referee.

Don't forget pouting during wins.... essential ingredient to Warriors basketball
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 86

Post#182 » by billinder33 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:30 am

Good win tonight against scrubs. Too many games like this earlier in the year resulted in losses.

Maybe Wiggs has decided to come out of retirement.

Please package Saric with Paul at the trade DL.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,693

Post#183 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:32 am

Something must be wrong with my box score.
Can we just censor the box score and cancel anybody that says anything good about Klay.

Do not talk about Klay leading the team in plus minus tonight. Do not talk about Klay being 2nd on the team in scoring tonight. Do not talk about Klay scoring more efficiently than Kumingaand Moodt tonight. Don’t talk about these things or risk being cancelled and banned.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,830

Post#184 » by floppymoose » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:33 am

Build a bridge out of him!
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,359

Post#185 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:43 am

floppymoose wrote:Build a bridge out of him!

That gap is too big
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,359

Post#186 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:55 am

CDM_Stats wrote:Cojo trying to get us a 2nd rounder, salute the effort

Of the 349 players that have played 290+ minutes he ranks:

309th in VORP
348th in PER
338th in OBPM
256th in DBPM
336th in BPM
332nd in WS/48
336th in WS

It was about 30 seconds into his first game that I called him out for not being an NBA caliber player and that he embodies all of our teams weaknesses.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#187 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:59 am

Wiggs looks physically much better now compared to the start of the season. He's no longer grounded vertically and grasping for air like he was.
Mambomuziki
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#188 » by Mambomuziki » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:06 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Wiggs looks physically much better now compared to the start of the season. He's no longer grounded vertically and grasping for air like he was.
I heard he had lung capacity issues

Sent from my Pixel 7a using RealGM mobile app
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#189 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:15 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Someone explain how klay gets minutes over moody.

Klay does nothing better right now except gravity.

Not tonight.

If Klay was so horrible tonight how did Klay end up leading the team in plus minus.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#190 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:24 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:We are so much better when we play faster.

How will kerr integrate cp3.

No checking now but I think CP3 is 1st or 2nd in Warriors season plus minus.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,054

Post#191 » by Jester_ » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:41 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

Not tonight.

If Klay was so horrible tonight how did Klay end up leading the team in plus minus.

You're seriously beating this drum? Klay must be better than Curry too then, right?

Are you Kerr's burner sheesh :noway:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#192 » by watch1958 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:44 am

Jester_ wrote:

Not tonight.

You're seriously beating this drum? Klay must be better than Curry too then, right?

Are you Kerr's burner sheesh :noway:
Getting held accountable works. If they cut him down to 20-25, who knows how good he will be!
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#193 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:56 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Wiggs looks physically much better now compared to the start of the season. He's no longer grounded vertically and grasping for air like he was.

Were the Warriors keeping a Wiggins chronic injury secret? Why was Wiggins so bas in the early season?

Out of shape? Physically injured? Psychological? I don’t expect to ever know. Kind of like the JFK assasination; there was clearly a conspiracy and a cover up but there will never be proof about who did the conspiracy.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#194 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:57 am

Were the Warriors keeping a Wiggins chronic injury secret? Why was Wiggins so bas in the early season?

Out of shape? Physically injured? Psychological? I don’t expect to ever know. Kind of like the JFK assasination; there was clearly a conspiracy and a cover up but there will never be proof about who did the conspiracy.

There's no conspiracy, if you bothered to look it was in plain sight. But people didn't, they went with the easy way out and just said Wiggins was always this bad
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#195 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:05 am

Warriors won the rebounding battle 52 to 40
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#196 » by michaelm » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:22 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:

There's no conspiracy, if you bothered to look it was in plain sight. But people didn't, they went with the easy way out and just said Wiggins was always this bad

I have stayed on the Wiggins train the whole time. We know he at least had a broken rib (thanks LeBron) the severity of which was never revealed, but if it was displaced they can be problematic and take quite some time to heal, and certainly a broken rib of any variety would have interfered with is off season preparation. He struggles to keep weight/muscle on at the best of times, and I did share doubts he could come back to anything like his best this season, but if he has great.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#197 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:37 am

michaelm wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

I have stayed on the Wiggins train the whole time. We know he at least had a broken rib (thanks LeBron) the severity of which was never revealed, but if it was displaced they can be problematic and take quite some time to heal, and certainly a broken rib of any variety would have interfered with is off season preparation. He struggles to keep weight/muscle on at the best of times, and I did share doubts he could come back to anything like his best this season, but if he has great.

Complete recovery from a Rib Cartilage Injury is approximately 6-12 weeks, but it can take up to 6 months to heal because they receive little blood supply. It is advised that you rest properly and avoid strenuous activities to allow the body to reduce the inflammation of the cartilage and heal properly.

That matches the timeline for his improved play since january. And the bloody supply thing could explain the breathing and lack of muscle mass. I'm not a doctor, so not sure.

https://www.masnad.com.au/knowledge-centre/injury-hub/middle-back/rib-cartilage-injury/#:~:text=Complete%20recovery%20from%20a%20Rib,the%20cartilage%20and%20heal%20properly.

First google search that popped up fir me.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#198 » by michaelm » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:48 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
michaelm wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Complete recovery from a Rib Cartilage Injury is approximately 6-12 weeks, but it can take up to 6 months to heal because they receive little blood supply. It is advised that you rest properly and avoid strenuous activities to allow the body to reduce the inflammation of the cartilage and heal properly.

That matches the timeline for his improved play since january. And the bloody supply thing could explain the breathing and lack of muscle mass. I'm not a doctor, so not sure.

https://www.masnad.com.au/knowledge-centre/injury-hub/middle-back/rib-cartilage-injury/#:~:text=Complete%20recovery%20from%20a%20Rib,the%20cartilage%20and%20heal%20properly.

I am a doctor, although a physician rather than a surgeon, and it makes perfect sense to me, particularly given his known difficulty maintaining muscle mass in general. if it was a cartilage injury then blood supply can indeed be problematic.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#199 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:02 am

michaelm wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
michaelm wrote:I have stayed on the Wiggins train the whole time. We know he at least had a broken rib (thanks LeBron) the severity of which was never revealed, but if it was displaced they can be problematic and take quite some time to heal, and certainly a broken rib of any variety would have interfered with is off season preparation. He struggles to keep weight/muscle on at the best of times, and I did share doubts he could come back to anything like his best this season, but if he has great.

I am a doctor, although a physician rather than a surgeon, and it makes perfect sense to me, particularly given his known difficulty maintaining muscle mass in general. if it was a cartilage injury then blood supply can indeed be problematic.

I wish I had tried harder in school when I was a kid and had realized the the human body was full of interesting mysteries that have not been solved. My now dead wife had medical mysteries that never really got properly diagnosed.

Medicine was impressive at treating my Staph infection that almost killed my last spring but that was something medicine knew how to do. I have been surprised at how much many doctors misunderstand diabetes and Arthrosclerosis when those 2 connected diseases are the most important diseases in the modern world.

In general scratch any medical topic and go 3 levels deep and you hit the unknown. I wish all the weapons research money would go to biology.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#200 » by watch1958 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:18 am

Nice to see Wiggins have an all around good game.

Yes, it was kinda like preseason. On the other hand, he didn’t look nearly that good in preseason.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.

Return to Golden State Warriors