ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 19th pick, Warriors select Brandin Podziemski

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Re: With the 19th pick, Warriors select Brandin Podziemski 

Post#81 » by DaHef » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:14 pm

wco81 wrote:In that screenshot, Kerr looks taller than Podz and not that much shorter than TJD.

Wasn't Kerr like a 6-2 catch and shoot guy?

I was wondering about that. Steve is 6'3". Is he wearing high heels or are these guy's way shorter than advertised. Maybe Dunleavy took off his shoes for the photo shoot.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,127

Post#82 » by CDM_Stats » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:46 pm

DaHef wrote:
wco81 wrote:In that screenshot, Kerr looks taller than Podz and not that much shorter than TJD.

Wasn't Kerr like a 6-2 catch and shoot guy?

I was wondering about that. Steve is 6'3". Is he wearing high heels or are these guy's way shorter than advertised. Maybe Dunleavy took off his shoes for the photo shoot.

look at their feet
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,181

Post#83 » by watch1958 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:42 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Quazza wrote:
watch1958 wrote:And we know where Jessup is now. (Actually , I don’t think he’s as good as Jessup.)

Jessup really did nothing here in Australia. 13ppg in his first season and then again year 2

He's just not very good

He's a career role player, jack of all trades / master of none. He wouldnt get burn here for multiple reasons, but if the measurement is only PPG then of course he's not going to do well. Can't create for himself. But he can shoot, can pass, can rebound, can defend a little bit. He'll either continue having a successful Euro career or he'll work himself over to the states

He's not near Podz at all, as Podz is tough as hell (rebounding) and an absolute sniper from 3, and while Jessup doesnt suck at those, he's not in Podz' league.. but if/when Jessup is a legit FA and can pick his destination, wouldnt surprise me to see him latch on to some NBA team as an end of bench kinda guy. Doubt he does the GL though, that would definitely not play to his strengths. He needs team basketball to survive
Well, I hope I am laughably wrong.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,380

Post#84 » by wco81 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:05 am

Just looking at some of the highlights, it may take him awhile to adjust to the league, more athletic defenders, more length.

He may struggle especially to shoot off the bounce. Don't think he's going to have a Tyler Herro rookie season.

Hope that assessment is wrong.

But Kerr would probably prefer that he learn to move off the ball and get more quality shots than try to create for himself vs. NBA defenders.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,496

Post#85 » by Big J » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:40 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Quazza wrote:
watch1958 wrote:And we know where Jessup is now. (Actually , I don’t think he’s as good as Jessup.)

Jessup really did nothing here in Australia. 13ppg in his first season and then again year 2

He's just not very good

He's a career role player, jack of all trades / master of none. He wouldnt get burn here for multiple reasons, but if the measurement is only PPG then of course he's not going to do well. Can't create for himself. But he can shoot, can pass, can rebound, can defend a little bit. He'll either continue having a successful Euro career or he'll work himself over to the states

He's not near Podz at all, as Podz is tough as hell (rebounding) and an absolute sniper from 3, and while Jessup doesnt suck at those, he's not in Podz' league.. but if/when Jessup is a legit FA and can pick his destination, wouldnt surprise me to see him latch on to some NBA team as an end of bench kinda guy. Doubt he does the GL though, that would definitely not play to his strengths. He needs team basketball to survive

Jessup is not a jack of all trades. He's more like a pawn of all trades.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Post#86 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:17 am

Question for anyone who has watched tape on this guy...How is he getting all these rebounds? By all accounts, he has T-Rex arms. Does he just have a really good nose for the ball?
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#87 » by watch1958 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:22 am

Old_Blue wrote:Question for anyone who has watched tape on this guy...How is he getting all these rebounds? By all accounts, he has T-Rex arms. Does he just have a really good nose for the ball?
Watched a little bit. First, he goes after them all the time. Second, smart positioning. Third, has a knack for tipping the ball to himself when it’s contested.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#88 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:43 am

Big J wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Quazza wrote:

He's just not very good

sell that to your clients, not buying it here
watch1958
General Manager

Post#89 » by watch1958 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:43 am

I guess if Fred VV can make it with his height and reach Pod can do it too.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#90 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:44 am

watch1958 wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:Question for anyone who has watched tape on this guy...How is he getting all these rebounds? By all accounts, he has T-Rex arms. Does he just have a really good nose for the ball?
Watched a little bit. First, he goes after them all the time. Second, smart positioning. Third, has a knack for tipping the ball to himself when it’s contested.

Yup.. the shorter armed folks have to lean on tips, because its easier to get higher jumping with one arm going up than both

But Podz has an excellent feel for rebounding, knowing where the ball is going to wind up. Its proven very effective in our system with GP2 and Looney
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,241

Post#91 » by EvanZ » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:47 am

Big J wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Quazza wrote:

He's just not very good

I think you mean a 10 of all trades.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#92 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:04 am

Kid should be able to reliably hit open 3s.
Kid will probably not be able to defend speed.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,496

Post#93 » by Big J » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:28 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
Big J wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

sell that to your clients, not buying it here

Okay bro. Enjoy Jessup island.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#94 » by tarantism » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:32 am

I wonder how much they see Kuminga as the future here. This feels like a guy that could play off of JK down the road.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#95 » by Samurai » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:43 am

Aside from the obvious difference of Podz being a lefty, the clips and scouting report seem comparable to Damion Lee's game. Or at least more similar to DLee's game than Jessup's to my eyes. Granted DLee has more length which gives him an advantage, but there are similarities in their outside shooting, energy, rebounding and defense (both get a lot of steals and give good effort but have trouble with quicker and/or bigger players).
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#96 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:44 am

tarantism wrote:I wonder how much they see Kuminga as the future here. This feels like a guy that could play off of JK down the road.

Curry is the future. After Curry retires we might as well trade Kuminga and Wiggins for younger players and start a new timeline.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#97 » by tarantism » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:54 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
tarantism wrote:I wonder how much they see Kuminga as the future here. This feels like a guy that could play off of JK down the road.

Curry is the future. After Curry retires we might as well trade Kuminga and Wiggins for younger players and start a new timeline.
Then why not just trade them both now, if that's the case?

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 862

Post#98 » by DevinVassell » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:57 am

EvanZ wrote:
Big J wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

I think you mean a 10 of all trades.

Your both wrong.

Hint: It's a bit like stormtrooper.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#99 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:09 am

I'd be surprised if Kuminga's on the roster to start next season... that CP3 contract by itself isn't going to bring in much value, needs something attached to it

It's really hard to build a team around iso-based players unless they are elite at it.. even Boston needs 2 of them to be a real contender, flanked by numerous selfless role players.

Right now the only post-Steph guys I'm really wanting to keep on the roster (besides Looney/Wiggins) are Moody, Podz and maybe TJD. Kuminga could always turn it around, but BBIQ improvements are usually very incremental, not sudden spikes. I'm just as wary of Kuminga's archetype as I am Poole's - once they get overpaid, its over until they are in the twilight of their career, when they have to take less money/less of a role
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#100 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:09 am

Not a huge fan after watching footage. He seems to have trouble getting buy primary defenders....and his release is super slow. But hey, he might just be taking his sweet time. Good news he looks bigger than most young guys so we'll see.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors