ImageImageImageImageImage

Dirk Molesters in Dirkallas 5:30PM 1/2...08? FSN

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#301 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:16 am

old rem wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

True...Banger..Cheesecake..Be Right..can play,are assets,but in his senior moments...Nellie may forget that the future extends beyond the next 3 min.

The wrap on this Nellie era........we get a nice core and a team identity (unless Mully has some impulse to trade off a large % of that core...)
We suffer with frustrations hard to figure and we blow opportunities.....but are at last above the waterline. :bowdown: It could be worse.

I'm being a little facetious here (just a tad)-- POB and Mbenga weren't exactly setting the world on fire there. But perhaps Nelson is riding the small ball wave until the perfect time and then he'll unleash the awesome (practice player) firepower of this fully armed and operational DeathPastry.
gswlego
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#302 » by gswlego » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:24 am

ROWELL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm being a little facetious here (just a tad)-- POB and Mbenga weren't exactly setting the world on fire there. But perhaps Nelson is riding the small ball wave until the perfect time and then he'll unleash the awesome (practice player) firepower of this fully armed and operational DeathPastry.

Which is 90 seconds left in a game.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#303 » by old rem » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:30 am

ILOVEIT wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Umm...Dude....we are 19-14 after the third toughest schedule in the NBA for those games played.....We just beat Denver in Denver...not having done so since 03....just beat the Lakers not having done that in many 'a games.... We have a winning road record....almost already matching our entire road total from last year in one third of the season.

We just played a crap game against a very good team...and lost. So what.

It's almost like three wins in a row is a fluke and one bad game is proof that we suck?

I feel very good about the good stuff.

That won't keep me rom bitching about the franchise blowing opportunities that I fear,won't come around often.
i really can't whine about ANY of the active players, I see NOBODY failing to do their best.

My ongoing complaint is that Nelly/Mully can do better. I'm a total amateur,yet I see OBVIOUS paths to make this team a better one.
That's the sorry fate of a long term Warrior fan...LF75 knows....you can SEE the hammer falling...and yell.."Look out" and they just grin-flip you the bird------then SPLAT.

C'mon Mullin...get some NADS and make this work. I don't LIKE to think I can do your job better. Hey....I think LF 75 and Sleepy and a few other GSW fanatics can do your job better. Don't let Nellie go all tunnel vision/ego trip. Get the PRIORITIES squared up, Win Baby. :wavefinger:

I swear these young whippersnappers need a lecture every damn month....
CENSORED... No comment.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#304 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:31 am

gswlego wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Which is 90 seconds left in a game.

Baby steps?
gswlego
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#305 » by gswlego » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:41 am

Baby steps?

Baby steps > Crawling, which is what Nelly is doing. Cut the "because he is a rookie" bullcrap and start adding POB/BW/Belinelli into the playbook. Nelly's bag of tricks got exploited. Let's find find something new.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#306 » by mistatwo mayn » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:45 am

Defensively, guarding Dirk down was a failure as the game went on; at his height, guarding him straight up is not an option. It's though Nellie banked on the notion that GSW got in his head...

Again, had Baron/Jax played 3/4 the game played by Howard/Dirk, we ride into the sunset with some model named Teresa and a bag of cheetos
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#307 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:47 am

I must say, I was a big Avery Johnson fan before the Dallas/Golden State rivalry turned up and it's nice to see him not looking like a babbling idiot for a change. Rather beat him and his Band of Pansies to a pulp but, hey, I'm all for confident league forces with controlled leadership making opponents look feeble.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#308 » by mistatwo mayn » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:49 am

Old Rem- are you high? You're starting to do the double speak LF does...

One positive note; Wright's defense looked 100% better than last time. Bellinelli also attempted to run the offense, and he did manage to get one of his Pele shots in.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant

Post#309 » by mistatwo mayn » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:50 am

oh... bunnies are banned until further notice
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#310 » by FNQ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:53 am

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Baron was missing point blank layups and Jack never even considered passing the ball tonight. He drove with his head down every time he touched the ball praying for foul calls.

You've overanalyzing. But, it's your dime :dontknow: knock yourself out.

(They were a combined 3 for 17 from inside 15 feet. They just sucked. Jrich could have defended either of them tonight.)

Neither could shoot, but the Mavs dared Jack to take it inside... he didn't... there weren't many passing lanes at all tonight. The Mavs treated this like a playoff game, and Avery didn't overthink it...took him a while but he corrected his mistakes..

Our guys poor shooting and lack of resilience didn't help, but teams usually don't plan/execute as well as the Mavs did tonight... have to tip your hat to them as they played a great game defensively.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#311 » by FaTaL » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:58 am

this is the worst ive ever seen baron play, oh well on to the next game.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,103

Post#312 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:08 am

Well, can't win them all!

2-1 road trip, I will take it... thank you sir.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#313 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:13 am

You're counting Houston?

Ugh. Let's be reasonable. That team has problems and I'm not sure what to make of giving it up at home and taking it back on the road against a less-than awesome Nuggets team.

I know we need the road wins, don't get me wrong. I'm all for the nice looking road record relative to last year's initiation into the land of the relevant. And I'm a tough audience relative to the True Believers.

But I'll still say it -

Convince me.
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#314 » by Souvlaki » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:37 am

Strangest thing-- no penetration when Mbenga and O'Bryant were in together and Belinelli was (way the he**) off the ball on defense.

And there were even a few decent Mavs on the floor at the time.

Are you joking? O'Bryant only played the last minute of garbage time.
Souvlaki
Head Coach

Post#315 » by Souvlaki » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:09 am

ROWELL wrote:You're counting Houston?

Ugh. Let's be reasonable. That team has problems and I'm not sure what to make of giving it up at home and taking it back on the road against a less-than awesome Nuggets team.

I know we need the road wins, don't get me wrong. I'm all for the nice looking road record relative to last year's initiation into the land of the relevant. And I'm a tough audience relative to the True Believers.

But I'll still say it -

Convince me.

Obviously this loss is squarely on Baron's shoulders. He shot 7-24 from the arc over the last 3 games. That's actually an improvement over his career chucking record of 32%. When his shot is not falling he needs to be creating and get assists. Why didn't he do that tonight? Especially in crunch time in the 4th.

But it wasn't all Baron's fault. No one was passing the ball. When Pietrus has twice as many assists as Monta, something is messed up. Our offense tonight just amounted to guys taking turns going one on one. This team does that far too often and actually do get away with it a lot of the time.

This was just the typical pattern we've seen lately. Starters dig us a deep hole early and this time there was no freaky 3 point shooting in the 4th to save our asses.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#316 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:42 pm

It's been something like 15 years since the Warriors swept a 3 game road series...

The Mavs were well rested and had something to prove. The Warriors dug themselves in a hole early and there rally back left them little for the remainder of the game.

The win in Denver was much bigger in the scope of things than a likely loss that would have happened against dozen other teams last night.

I'm also much more disappointed at the loss at home to Denver. They need to play better at home.
Realmavsman
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#317 » by Realmavsman » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 pm

It's amazing how many of you give no credit to the Mavs. That's fine is
t was the Warriors losing the game not the Mavs winning it. I heard all the excuses the first time the Warriors played the Mavs in Golden State. I heard how Stephen Jackson would make all the difference in the world despite his replacement Buke playing absolutely lights out.

The Warriors are a good team but it might be that the Mavs have figured them out and are a better team.
capmanj
Junior
And1: 0

Post#318 » by capmanj » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:20 pm

Realmavsman wrote:It's amazing how many of you give no credit to the Mavs. That's fine is
t was the Warriors losing the game not the Mavs winning it. I heard all the excuses the first time the Warriors played the Mavs in Golden State. I heard how Stephen Jackson would make all the difference in the world despite his replacement Buke playing absolutely lights out.

The Warriors are a good team but it might be that the Mavs have figured them out and are a better team.

If you look at the thread closer you'd see that there are people that do credit dallas shooting lights out. One thing this year which has made the mavs a better team is the ability to pass out of double teams, and other players making shot whose name isnt dirk. Baron looked really hung over.

one thing I would have liked in the fourth quarter would be to open up in a zone defense.
shucknjive
Starter

I'l 

Post#319 » by shucknjive » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:33 pm

I'll tell you this---Brendan Bass playing active makes you guys a lot better---but I'm not gonna sit here and lick Mav booty--you guys are supposed to be an "elite" team. With Cuban money behind us and no fear of the LT, we'd be downright scary--
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#320 » by Hopper15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:39 pm

Evidently, someone wasn't giving the Mavs much credit a few weeks ago. :lol:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... =#14799788

Return to Golden State Warriors