Veteran
And1: 1,403

Re: Dubs @ Nets Emergency Game Thread 

Post#221 » by SpreeChokeJob » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:49 am

BayAreaDub wrote:
Onus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Really love that someone obviously gave Klay a reality check. Possibly to stopped him from getting traded.

On a human level, I feel for the guy. He said it best:

"To go from one of the best players…It’s hard for anybody.
-Klay Thompson
"

Also Draymond stfu

Tbh, I thought he was becoming greater than Curry prior to injury. And I don’t complain about his contract because usually players were underpaid before and they paid him for his contributions, just like Curry is now.

I wish the trainers would have brought him back slower during his recovery from the first injury. It looked like he was in a rush to get back the first time.

At least he has some awareness. There’s really no point looking back. Playing less minutes will be better for him. He will get a chance to last longer in the NBA and hopefully help in a David Lee sort of way.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,305

Post#222 » by Impuniti » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:54 am

BayAreaDub wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:I know he got ejected but Claxton is what the dubs need at the C spot.

That dude is a stick

We need some beef

Looney has eaten all the beefs in the state.
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 226

Post#223 » by BayAreaDub » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:04 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:
Onus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Really love that someone obviously gave Klay a reality check. Possibly to stopped him from getting traded.

-Klay Thompson
"

Also Draymond stfu

Tbh, I thought he was becoming greater than Curry prior to injury. And I don’t complain about his contract because usually players were underpaid before and they paid him for his contributions, just like Curry is now.

I wish the trainers would have brought him back slower during his recovery from the first injury. It looked like he was in a rush to get back the first time.

At least he has some awareness. There’s really no point looking back. Playing less minutes will be better for him. He will get a chance to last longer in the NBA and hopefully help in a David Lee sort of way.

The awareness is very fresh

Seeing his attitude now, I think he comes back with a team friendly deal and settles in. He loves the bay too much and should be a Warrior for life.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Post#224 » by Old_Blue » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:07 am

BayAreaDub wrote:
Onus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

-Klay Thompson
"

Also Draymond stfu

Pretty much ditto everything you wrote. Poor Klay had to go through two years of physical rehab and now has to deal with a changing role on the team. I still think he would be best off re-signing with the club. But, in this video he comes across as emotionally hurting. He may well end up thinking he needs a change of scenery. Finally, maybe I haven't watched enough locker room video...but Draymond comes across as the most annoying mofo ever. Seriously, why has nobody ever punched him in the mug? Singing "I'll do anything for you" when his teammate is laying his heart out for a group of reporters? What a moron.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#225 » by superunknown » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:15 am

Impuniti wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:I know he got ejected but Claxton is what the dubs need at the C spot.

That dude is a stick

We need some beef

Looney has eaten all the beefs in the state.

:lol:
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,026

Post#226 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:26 am

Old_Blue wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:
Onus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

-Klay Thompson
"

Also Draymond stfu

Pretty much ditto everything you wrote. Poor Klay had to go through two years of physical rehab and now has to deal with a changing role on the team. I still think he would be best off re-signing with the club. But, in this video he comes across as emotionally hurting. He may well end up thinking he needs a change of scenery. Finally, maybe I haven't watched enough locker room video...but Draymond comes across as the most annoying mofo ever. Seriously, why has nobody ever punched him in the mug? Singing "I'll do anything for you" when his teammate is laying his heart out for a group of reporters? What a moron.

That's how Draymond shows love. He's agitated that the reporters are pursuing Klay to get him at his lowest point. The questioning had a vulture-esqe quality to it.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,181

Post#227 » by watch1958 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:20 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:

-Klay Thompson
"

Also Draymond stfu

That's how Draymond shows love. He's agitated that the reporters are pursuing Klay to get him at his lowest point. The questioning had a vulture-esqe quality to it.

I agree. Klay gave a heartfelt answer, then someone asked him the same thing again.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,843

Post#228 » by floppymoose » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:37 am

whatisacenter wrote:Kuminga finishing over Bridges and Claxton was eye opening.

Do Not Trade
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#229 » by killmongrel » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:41 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
BayAreaDub wrote:

-Klay Thompson
"

Also Draymond stfu

Yep, Draymond is actually trying to protect Klay here.
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 794

Post#230 » by Old_Blue » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:43 am

watch1958 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:

I agree. Klay gave a heartfelt answer, then someone asked him the same thing again.

You can't help but feel bad for Klay. It almost looked like he was about to cry. Rocco is too small to be any good at spooning. And, Draymond is probably the worst best friend ever. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,181

Post#231 » by watch1958 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:03 am

Old_Blue wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

You can't help but feel bad for Klay. It almost looked like he was about to cry. Rocco is too small to be any good at spooning. And, Draymond is probably the worst best friend ever. :D
Best capsule of Draymond ever.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,997

Post#232 » by cdubbz » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:04 am

floppymoose wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Kuminga finishing over Bridges and Claxton was eye opening.

Do Not Trade

OR trade while his value is highest?!

I dont see future all-star in Kuminga, but I do see a 3rd piece to a championship team. Just not sure the trade market for him and a star that is available.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,843

Post#233 » by floppymoose » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:12 am

Unless it is prime KD though, what is the point? GS is not winning a championship even with a "star". Better to go young, and JK is a young player who is already good and has a lot of upside. He is exactly the kind of player we should be trading *for*, not sending out.

Who is he going to fetch that puts GS over the top? Lauri? Bridges? Murray? Those guys are not enough to win it.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#234 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:43 am

floppymoose wrote:Unless it is prime KD though, what is the point? GS is not winning a championship even with a "star". Better to go young, and JK is a young player who is already good and has a lot of upside. He is exactly the kind of player we should be trading *for*, not sending out.

Who is he going to fetch that puts GS over the top? Lauri? Bridges? Murray? Those guys are not enough to win it.

Unlike the majority, I still see a path to contention.

Steph is playing as good as ever, but he needs a 2 and 3 on offense.

Since drays return:
Is that guy jk? It sure looks like that now.

25.3 pts 16 fga 50% on 3s 77 ft% 65% efg 68% ts 25% usg

Is it klay?

16 pts 17 fga 29% on 3's 100% ft 45% efg 47% ts 22% usg

Can it be wiggins

14 pts 9 fga 41% on 3's 86% ft 66% efg 66% ts 15% usg

If klay gets his minutes cut? Does that increase wiggins volume? On less minutes and volume, does klays efficiency go up as well as his defense?

If steph, jk, and wiggins (more volume) are 1,2, and 3, I think they can contend. Can klay be that 4th and not be a turnstile on defense?

Defensively, dray and wiggins look elite. If steph is steph and jk can be 2022 version of klay, they need that 5th. They need a connector like loon. Someone who can rebound, defend, and not need the ball on offense. Is that guy on the roster and has been underutilized?

If we can't find that 5th internally, mjd needs to get that externally. Not saying it has to be jk, but imo a 5th starter ties everything together if jk is part of the new core.

And will kerr give that unit time to mesh or will he keep tinkering?
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#235 » by cpower » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:39 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
floppymoose wrote:Unless it is prime KD though, what is the point? GS is not winning a championship even with a "star". Better to go young, and JK is a young player who is already good and has a lot of upside. He is exactly the kind of player we should be trading *for*, not sending out.

Since drays return:

Is it klay?

Can it be wiggins

If klay gets his minutes cut? Does that increase wiggins volume? On less minutes and volume, does klays efficiency go up as well as his defense?

If steph, jk, and wiggins (more volume) are 1,2, and 3, I think they can contend. Can klay be that 4th and not be a turnstile on defense?

Defensively, dray and wiggins look elite. If steph is steph and jk can be 2022 version of klay, they need that 5th. They need a connector like loon. Someone who can rebound, defend, and not need the ball on offense. Is that guy on the roster and has been underutilized?

If we can't find that 5th internally, mjd needs to get that externally. Not saying it has to be jk, but imo a 5th starter ties everything together if jk is part of the new core.

we need someone who can make shots besides Curry. Why we can't close out games because the 2nd option klay is making 29% of his shots in last 5 mins, while Curry is leading the league. Our closing lineup has the worst Ortg of the entire league. (Klay, Wiggins, JK, Green and Curry)
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#236 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:33 pm

cpower wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Since drays return:

Is it klay?

Can it be wiggins

we need someone who can make shots besides Curry. Why we can't close out games because the 2nd option klay is making 29% of his shots in last 5 mins, while Curry is leading the league. Our closing lineup has the worst Ortg of the entire league. (Klay, Wiggins, JK, Green and Curry)

Now look at the individual numbers of those guys in clutch time.

Steph is great.
Klay gets the second most volume after that.

Is it our closing line up is bad or is it 1 guy hurting the line up?

Ranked in order of fga ( only 2 players shot more than once per game)

Steph

Efg 64% 70% ts

Klay

Efg 46.4% 55% ts

Podz

Efg 50% 56% ts

Green

Efg 11% 24% ts

Wiggins

Efg 68% 60% ts

Jk

Efg 54% ts 53%

And now the inability to defend. We just saw it on Atlanta.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#237 » by cpower » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:09 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
cpower wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Since drays return:

Is it klay?

Can it be wiggins

Now look at the individual numbers of those guys in clutch time.

Steph is great.
Klay gets the second most volume after that.

Is it our closing line up is bad or is it 1 guy hurting the line up?

Ranked in order of fga ( only 2 players shot more than once per game)

Steph

Efg 64% 70% ts

Klay

Efg 46.4% 55% ts

Podz

Efg 50% 56% ts

Green

Efg 11% 24% ts

Wiggins

Efg 68% 60% ts

Jk

Efg 54% ts 53%

And now the inability to defend. We just saw it on Atlanta.

this is not a good closing lineup, 3 of them cannot make a basket late (Green Podz and Wiggins) and JK is a lot less useful on half court. We need someone who can replace Klay
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#238 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:45 pm

Love watching actual tenacious defense. Not to pick on Klay but he stood out from a lazy chase over the top of screen then following the player straight to the rim. He was tall in his defensive stance the whole time....not a chance of impacting the play.

I could live with Klay shooting pourly....but not being a traffic cone defensively.

FINALLY Kerr is playing the young guys!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#239 » by thunderdunk » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:22 pm

Tonight’s best rebounder: Podz. Best +/-: Gui!
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#240 » by Dubs 707 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:32 pm

We need Ben Simmons
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style

Return to Golden State Warriors