ImageImageImageImageImage

Any possibility of Sac / GS deal

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Any possibility of Sac / GS deal 

Post#1 » by Sacramento_King » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:34 am

Any possibility of the Kings trading for Wright? I am pretty sure they would be up to deal almost anyone other than K Mart. Would the Warriors be interested in Artest and Moore for Wright, O Bryant and the J Rich exception? Artest adds defense, post game and can play multiple positions. Moore adds hustle, defense and length. Not exactly a Nelly type player cause he isnt a good offensive player but is a great bench player. Wright doesnt get any time yet and POB looks to be out of GS. Just wondering if the Warriors would do it.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#2 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:42 am

The only thing the Warriors would be willing to trade are Pietrus and O'Bryant and possibly draft choices but it would have to be for somebody decent and no long term contracts (both Pietrus and O'Bryant are expirings) and we are not willing to take anybody's bad contracts back. It's aso possibly that we maight use some of our tpe for the right player. I'm not sure that Artest is that right player.

The only 2 players that I can see we might have interest in are Nikki Moore and Quincy Douby. Artest might be a possibility, perhaps in a deal for Harrington.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:44 am

I'm hoping Patrick ends up playing for the cavs with Lebron..A perfect fit..
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#4 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:53 am

Here's a proposed deal for you:

Al Harrington, Micheal Pietrus, Patrick O'Bryant, Warriors #1 pick

for

Ron Artest, Nikki Moore, Quincy Douby

Why this is fair for both teams:

1. Warriors get better players overall but Sacremento gets close.
2. Artest potentially leaves next season and Warriors lose main player in deal for them
3. Sactown gets an additional #1 pick to help in next year's rebuild and to compensate for the players they give up.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mayor Baron
Junior
And1: 0
Location: Slingboxing Warrior games from home in SF to school in LA, gotta get my Warrior games...

Post#5 » by Mayor Baron » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:15 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that we can't combine the trade exception with other players in a trade?
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#6 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:57 am

Mayor Baron wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that we can't combine the trade exception with other players in a trade?

That is correct.

The only thing that can be used with a Trade exception is a draft pick. that's how W's acquired Zarko a couple years ago.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
shucknjive
Starter
And1: 3

Post#7 » by shucknjive » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:47 pm

NO thanks to Moore or Douby--Douby just sux and Moore is the most irritating screamer I've ever seen---he's an average garbage man who's one good year in Jersey pumped up the value---"nice story" #2, no thanks-

Artest is tempting---but his chucking tendencies and contract (he could walk quickly) make it a no go---I'd want him for at least a couple years if we're trading away talented 7-footers.
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 309

Post#8 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:49 pm

Zero chance we're giving the Kings Wright under no circumstances.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#9 » by old rem » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:17 pm

turk3d wrote:Here's a proposed deal for you:

Al Harrington, Micheal Pietrus, Patrick O'Bryant, Warriors #1 pick

for

Ron Artest, Nikki Moore, Quincy Douby

Why this is fair for both teams:

1. Warriors get better players overall but Sacremento gets close.
2. Artest potentially leaves next season and Warriors lose main player in deal for them
3. Sactown gets an additional #1 pick to help in next year's rebuild and to compensate for the players they give up.

I really still have big doubts about Artest as a Warrior unless we simultaneously send Jax elsewhere. Too much Live ammo stacked around the campfire.

I like Justin Williams. I however have doubts Nellie uses him. Artest would really be a short PF...and as much of a streak shooter as Al-but lower %. Douby? Ain't as good as Pietrus. Giving a pick? Rather not. Mikki Moore was interesting as a cheap role guy,now he's a guy who-like Reggie Evans,is paid top rate for role guys.

As for B Wright to Sac.....I don't see anything realistic. I guess Wright + Pietrus + rd 2 for Salmons + Justin Williams + Sac unprotected or top 3 protected #1 in 08 would be something GSW would take a real look at. I doubt Sac would fork over that much.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by old rem » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Mayor Baron wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that we can't combine the trade exception with other players in a trade?

Correct.....sort of. What CAN be done is a deal that "structures" it so the package can be done as 2 seperate deals...for instance we could do TPE for More then trade players to do the rest of a package.

The consensus seems to be that the W's are squeezing budget. Look at how many potential contracts are hanging in the breeze. The TPE can be seen as a loophole to add a guy to the payroll or as money already saved in a payroll trim. I think the front office tends to see the second option.

If it's a REAL SWEET deal on a player who's a great fit...maybe we would dip into the TPE. Even then....I think thats $2-4 mill and a short deal.
CENSORED... No comment.
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#11 » by MightyReds2020 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:44 pm

I won't even trade POB and Pietrus for Artest - Too much drama. Good for TNT, not for the Warriors' future.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,923

Post#12 » by gswhoops » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Nothing short of Martin get you Wright. Nothing.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,103

Post#13 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:08 am

I don't even know if the Warriors would trade Wright for K-Mart... what's the point? Warriors need to get bigger, not add yet another shooting guard.

I would like Bibby here if not for his contract. Still think Brad Miller would make a great fit, but again... big contract. From a basketball (and contract) perspective, Artest would make a great fit - big, strong guy, good defender, and has an all around game. But his off court issues - including domestic and animal abuse - along with the potentially volatile mix of players already on GS' roster, would make me hesitant in dealing for him.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#14 » by Sid the Squid » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:10 am

gswhoops wrote:Nothing short of Martin get you Wright. Nothing.
Martin??? :crazy: F**k Martin..Overpayed overrated 1 trick pony...score ,,that's it...I'd take JRich over Martin any day of the week...Now you want Martin for Wright? That's a triple Puke
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#15 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:10 pm

LF75 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Martin??? :crazy: F**k Martin..Overpayed overrated 1 trick pony...score ,,that's it...I'd take JRich over Martin any day of the week...Now you want Martin for Wright? That's a triple Puke

:rofl:
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,432

Post#16 » by magee » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Obie Trice, Kelenna and Pietrus for John Salmons and Justin Williams.

Return to Golden State Warriors