Top Sleepers/Breakouts for 2015

Moderator: MadNESS

jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Top Sleepers/Breakouts for 2015 

Post#1 » by jbent87 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Hey all,

Noticed this forum was a little dead so figured I'd try and give it a jump start. Being that this is one of the few forums I frequent that other team owners from my primary fantasy league aren't on I figured I'd throw out my top sleepers/breakouts for this upcoming season. If you feel so inclined to share some of yours then go ahead.

I'm high on both Ryan Tannehill (ADP 9.09 and Lamar Miller (ADP 3.05). I think they have top 5 upside at their positions. Tannehill has a great supporting cast and Miller looks to be a three down guy after early hype on Jay Ajayi has worn off. Factor in Bill Lazor wanting to run an up tempo offense similar to what he was doing in Philly with Chip and it has me feeling pretty good about the Dolphins.

Doug Martin (ADP 6.05) and Chris Ivory (ADP 7.09) have similar potential as Miller, albeit in maybe not as successful offenses. Both guys should be on the field a whole lot so they should fall into production.

I think Andre Johnson (ADP 4.03) is due for a really good year, even at this point of his career. I think the Colts (more specifically Andy Luck (ADP 2.07)) could be heading for some records this season and AJ could be the beneficiary more so than TY Hilton (ADP 3.01). Johnson has never played w a QB of Lucks pedigree and Luck and that offense is going to create space for everyone. Frank Gore (ADP 3.04) could be in for 1000 yards/8+ TDs as well.

With Jimmy Graham now in Seattle I expect Drew Brees (6.03) to rely on Brandin Cooks (ADP 3.05) a whole lot. I have him projected as the 6th best WR in my PPR league. A lot of people expect CJ Spiller (ADP 4.01) to play the role of Darren Sproles this season but I think those sort of plays will feature Cooks. He's just too fast and is almost the only show in town. Going to be target city.

Will maybe stop back and post some more projections and thoughts as they come to me. Good luck with your drafting everyone.
sourimosta
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Top Sleepers/Breakouts for 2015 

Post#2 » by sourimosta » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:29 pm

I think Eddie Royal is going to be a PPR machine this year and is currently outside the top 60 WR in terms of ADP. I think barring injury he'll be in the top 10 WR by the end of the year. Kevin White probably wont be making an impact to later in the year and without Marshall, Cutler has to the throw somewhere. I'm thinking its going to be a much more quick-pass/mid-range kinda year for the Bears so that Cutler cant hold onto the ball for too long. I'm down on Jeffrey for that exact reason though he'll have a decent year, just not based on his current ADP (3rd round).

Eric Ebron is being drafted outside the top 20 TE and if he can get his drops under control I think he'll be able to easily crack top 10, maybe even top 5 considering Matt Stafford is running that offense.

Pierre Garcon is slated to have a better year than last year and should be a true WR1 in Washington so he's got some upside based on his ADP (WR40+). Only downside, he plays for Washington.

Derrick Carr is another guy who should have a better year this year thanks to a revamped OAK offense. He's one of the last QBs off the board but I'm thinking he'll end up top 15 or better. With Amari Cooper (who should have a OBJ type year) and Crabtree plus a much improved offensive line, OAK is going to be chucking the ball all over the place.
ThunderFan123
Junior
And1: 13

Post#3 » by ThunderFan123 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Not that high on Brees or Manning this year. Liking Tannehill as a possible sleeper. Really like Luck but don't know if he will be avaible when I want him. In an 8 team league and I have the third pick and I want to draft him with that third pick in third round. Think Justin Forsett is a sleeper

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,780

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Good late round wrs that could be sleepers are John Brown and Stevie Johnson.

I think Teddy Bridgewater is a sleeper as well.
DavisSeidel
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by DavisSeidel » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:41 am

I think Justin Forsett, Peyton Manning and Brandin Cooks are Sleepers or Breakouts..:D
ThunderFan123
Junior
And1: 13

Post#6 » by ThunderFan123 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:02 pm

DavisSeidel wrote:I think Justin Forsett, Peyton Manning and Brandin Cooks are Sleepers or Breakouts..:D

I can't see Manning doing great this year. He is a aging and I think that will hurt him. His best fantasy days have passed. On another note. I am liking Doug Martin as a sleeper/Breakout

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Re: RE: Re: Top Sleepers/Breakouts for 2015 

Post#7 » by Maritimer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:53 pm

DavisSeidel wrote:I think Justin Forsett, Peyton Manning and Brandin Cooks are Sleepers or Breakouts..:D

Really going out on a limb there... 3 guys going in the first 4 rounds of most drafts. In fact, all three are guys are ones I'm avoiding at their ADP.

Three off the top of my head:

David Johnson is a guy I've been targeting late. I don't believe Ellington will hold up for a full season. Watching Buck Allen for the same reason.

Perriman is scaring people off with his knee injury, but leagues are won at the end of the year, not the beginning. Draft him and bet on the near-inevitable Steve Smith decline.

The tides have started to turn a bit, but not long ago Chris Ivory was going in the WR30 range, behind guys like Gio Bernard and the Falcons backs. He's a workhorse back in an improved offense with no real threat to playing time.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
BenjaminVH
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by BenjaminVH » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:40 pm

I'd take Duke over David as a sleeper. Agree with Perriman as a high risk/reward one. Chris Ivory has shot up draft boards far enough that he might not be considered a sleeper anymore--- haven't seen him go before Gio in a while.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,485

Post#9 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:14 am

What do you guys think of Ameer Abdullah as a mid round player? I've done a couple drafts and I've seen guys reach on him both times.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:01 am

I have Forsett in at least two leagues, maybe three. I think he is undervalued. Same thing with Jonathan Stewart who finally doesn't have to share carries with DeAngelo Williams.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,485

Post#11 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:21 pm

What do you guys think of Eric Ebron? Hearing alot of good things about from multiple Lions players...
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#12 » by Prince12 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:43 pm

The Regime wrote:What do you guys think of Ameer Abdullah as a mid round player? I've done a couple drafts and I've seen guys reach on him both times.

Had a damn good week 1, sadly was on my bench.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Stevie Johnson and John Brown, my sleepers, looked pretty good in week one. I had them both in a lineup on draft kings and won some money.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#14 » by Maritimer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:34 pm

BenjaminVH wrote:I'd take Duke over David as a sleeper. Agree with Perriman as a high risk/reward one. Chris Ivory has shot up draft boards far enough that he might not be considered a sleeper anymore--- haven't seen him go before Gio in a while.

I liked Duke over David as well. After one week, I think David is above him, but both are looking good. I wish I would have said John Brown as well (nabbed him in the 9th round of my money league).

As for Ivory, I was thinking of rankings around the start of training camp. Steam did pick up quickly on Ivory, it's true. Maybe not enough? Man, that was a nice opening week for him, and I have little reason to believe he won't maintain top 20 value the rest of the way.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!

Return to Fantasy Football