RealGM
And1: 133

Dixon out for season 

Post#1 » by SportsWorld » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:31 am

meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 9,493

Post#2 » by meatball sub » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:34 am

yea i just saw this. all i can say is WOW. has a heisman front runner ever blown his knee out before? i feel bad for oregon fans, from national title aspirations to probably going 0-3 to end the season.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,565

Post#3 » by El Turco » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:03 am

this is where spread offense comes back and bites you in the ass
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#4 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:17 pm

tough lock. i wonder what's his next step in life. he's clearly not suitable for pro football. oh well.... hope he recovers.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#5 » by KingInExile » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:15 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:tough lock. i wonder what's his next step in life. he's clearly not suitable for pro football. oh well.... hope he recovers.

:crazy:

There have been (and still are) plenty of far less talented QBs in the NFL. He should be drafted early and would be a steal if he sticks around until the late rounds. It's pretty dumb to think that teams won't give him a look.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#6 » by randomhero423 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:49 pm

i think dix will be akili smith pt 2.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#7 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:58 pm

KingInExile wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:crazy:

There have been (and still are) plenty of far less talented QBs in the NFL. He should be drafted early and would be a steal if he sticks around until the late rounds. It's pretty dumb to think that teams won't give him a look.

ah..... i'm sorry. dennis dixon is not a pro football type of QB. he's 6-4 and 200 pounds.... 200 pounds... that's receiver weight.. he's too fragile for the game to be a QB. plus, he can't do all those option plays and run in the pro game so that's half of his abilities... also, what's the history of oregon quarterbacks? not very good. so you're :crazy:
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#8 » by KingInExile » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:25 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ah..... i'm sorry. dennis dixon is not a pro football type of QB. he's 6-4 and 200 pounds.... 200 pounds... that's receiver weight.. he's too fragile for the game to be a QB. plus, he can't do all those option plays and run in the pro game so that's half of his abilities... also, what's the history of oregon quarterbacks? not very good. so you're :crazy:

The history of Oregon QBs is that their last several starting QBs were generally drafted quite high and most are still active. Of the last 5:

Akili Smith, 3rd overall in 1999 (6-3, 220lb)...probably the biggest bust out of the bunch
AJ Feely, 5th round 2001 (6-3, 220lb)...solid backup to McNabb in Philly
Joey Harrington, 3rd overall pick in 2002 (BTW, he's only 6-4 and 220 and was a Heisman candidate...much like Dixon)...he may not have lived up to his hype, but he is starting now in Atlanta
Jason Fife, undrafted FA pick up for the Saints (6-4, 225)...expectations were low to begin with, no surprise that he's not playing now.
Kellen Clemens, 2006 2nd rd. (6-2, 220...I'd say he's smaller than Dixon)...has a starting job with the Jets.

Look, I can't stand the Ducks. But the plain and simple fact is that Oregon has a recent history of producing QBs that get drafted early and Dixon is in that same mold. He has the same hype as Smith and Harrington; he also has similar size to both (he can easily add 20 pounds of muscle if he needs to). I'm not saying that he will have a stellar career (I would even agree to randomhero's Akili Smith comparison). But to think that he won't get drafted and given a shot to play on the next level is just noting but foolish bashing.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#9 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:29 pm

Look, I can't stand the Ducks. But the plain and simple fact is that Oregon has a recent history of producing QBs that get drafted early and Dixon is in that same mold. He has the same hype as Smith and Harrington; he also has similar size to both (he can easily add 20 pounds of muscle if he needs to). I'm not saying that he will have a stellar career (I would even agree to randomhero's Akili Smith comparison). But to think that he won't get drafted and given a shot to play on the next level is just noting but foolish bashing.

that's easy for you to say. :roll:

i'm not saying he won't get drafted. i'm saying he's not a good pro football type of player. he will probably get drafted in the late rounds but that will depend on his workout but he's not getting a starting job in the nfl. i can promise you that.

plus, he's not a good enough passer.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,700

Post#10 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:52 pm

200 pounds was Joe Montana's weight bro.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:08 am

Ignoring monkeyfeng's ignorance...

This means the Ducks have lost, just this year:

Starting MLB
Starting OLB
Starting QB
No. 3 QB
No. 2 RB
No. 1 WR
No. 3 WR
No. 5 WR

...all to injuries. It's amazing the house of cards didn't fall sooner.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#12 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:31 am

Doctor MJ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

200 pounds was Joe Montana's weight bro.

but he was 6-2 not 6-4. did you even notice his height before you post?

vince young is 30 pounds heavier than dennis dixon and do you expect dixon to be running around in the pro game? hell no... he will get beat up immediately. plus, dixon is a questionable passer.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User

Post#13 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:31 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Ignoring monkeyfeng's ignorance...

says the guy that promised oregon will own arizona. :roll:
neplife
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#14 » by neplife » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:01 pm

but he was 6-2 not 6-4. did you even notice his height before you post?

vince young is 30 pounds heavier than dennis dixon and do you expect Locker to be running around in the pro game? hell no... he will get beat up immediately. plus, Locker is a questionable passer.

This is coming from a guy that probably thinks Jake Locker is going to be a top pick? Dixon a questionable passer? Wow buddy I know you hate the Ducks but take your fusky tinted glasses off for two seconds and realize Dixon is one of the premier QB's in college football, he is a very good passer, has a strong arm and is a great decision maker. Oh ya and I fixed your post for you, for some reason I think you were mistaking Dixon for your Husky fans love child.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,565

Post#15 » by El Turco » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:07 pm

with all due respect to dixon, locker is a better pro prospect than dixon.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:12 pm

ElTurco wrote:with all due respect to dixon, locker is a better pro prospect than dixon.

Aside from the fact that this is obviously true now, this was probably even a true statement before although Locker's completion percentage is so dangerously low that he'll need to show big improvements in the next two years. He has first-round potential for sure.

Dixon will be lucky to--but still can--get drafted in his current state.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.

Return to NCAA Football