week 7 thread

Moderator: studcrackers

GSWbandwagon
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

week 7 thread 

Post#1 » by GSWbandwagon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:02 am

two ranked teams have already played (fsu went down on thur, hawaii was defeated by san jose state in a battle to give the game away and thus got another cupcake win).

games of note:
- wisconsin at penn st. battle of overrated big11 teams.
- missouri at oklahoma. game of the week. someone is knocked out of the national championship race.
- lsu at kentucky. if lsu wins big, kentucky will fall out of the rankings again and lsu will go back to having no ranked teams on their entire road schedule for the season. a kentucky win legitimizes them, knocks lsu from #1, and makes woodson the heisman frontrunner.
- arizona at usc. ua gets 1 win they shouldn't in every thoroughly mediocre stoops season though its usually at home. usc has tried to give away its last 2 games to bad/mediocre teams and succeeded once. can they do it again? the beloved backup, mark "not that there's anything wrong with that" sanchez gets the start for usc.
- oregon state at cal. nate longshore is a gametime decision, meaning cal may face one of the nation's top pass rushes (and top run stuffing team) with a redshirt freshman under center who hasn't completed a pass in his career. cal hasn't licked the beavers at home in a decade.
- wazzu at oregon. oregon tends to collapse after a big loss and wazzu does have a senior qb. oregon is only 12-9 in their last 21 home games (or home conference games, i don't recall which). bellotti is something like 12-1 after a bye week.
- louisville at cinci. can ul score 40 and lose again? can cinci quietly stay undefeated? does anyone care?

oh, and kent state's coach announced he will be using his backups a lot against ohio state to rest his starters for mac play. nice scheduling, tressel. way to challenge your team.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#2 » by KingInExile » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:33 pm

- oregon state at cal. nate longshore is a gametime decision, meaning cal may face one of the nation's top pass rushes (and top run stuffing team) with a redshirt freshman under center who hasn't completed a pass in his career. cal hasn't licked the beavers at home in a decade.

Hadn't heard that yet about Longshore.

Oregon State has talent, but I'm just too skeptical about their maturity mental ability to play a decent game. I would love to say that the Beavs will give the Bears a run, but it is more likely that OSU will collapse after a hot 1st quarter.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#3 » by Da Schwab » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Watch, if Arizona beats USC, the Condoms will still only fall to #15.

Damn voters.
treyZz
Banned User

Post#4 » by treyZz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:35 pm

"oh, and kent state's coach announced he will be using his backups a lot against ohio state to rest his starters for mac play. nice scheduling, tressel. way to challenge your team."

Link? If so, LOL!
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#5 » by SportsWorld » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:56 pm

Ohio State continues their cupcake schedule. It's almost pathetic.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#6 » by studcrackers » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:00 pm

quit criticizing teams for playing bad OOC teams, every team does it. where were you the last 2 years when OSU was playing Texas were you commending them for it?

And i just woke up and saw the last minute and a half of the Illinois-Iowa game, sucks for Illinois that they got upset.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#7 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:08 pm

Illinois O laid a huge egg in Iowa. Juice showed he's still a kid and Zook did not feed Mendenhall nearly enough
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#8 » by SportsWorld » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:09 pm

studcrackers wrote:quit criticizing teams for playing bad OOC teams, every team does it. where were you the last 2 years when OSU was playing Texas were you commending them for it?

And i just woke up and saw the last minute and a half of the Illinois-Iowa game, sucks for Illinois that they got upset.

Week 1-Home Vs Youngstown State W 38-6
Week 2-Home Vs Akron W 20-2
Week 3-Away @ Washington W 33-14
Week 7-Home Vs Kent State W 48-3

That's their non-conference schedule. Minus Washington this is weak.
GSWbandwagon
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by GSWbandwagon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:22 pm

not everybody plays a pathetic ooc schedule. those who do open themselves up for criticism and occasionally for losing out on major bowl games.

here's a link to the article about kent state intending to rest their starters: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/football/stories/2007/10/10/osufb10.ART_ART_10-10-07_C1_FP854FS.html?sid=101

michigan destroyed purdue, showing that ohio state really hasn't beaten anyone.
jumanji
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by jumanji » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:44 pm

It's a minute or two into the USC and Arizona game and the Trojans might win by a bunch but my take is there is something wrong with this team. Dont know if it's the lack of leadership, lack of cohesiveness or just a program heading for the toilet but something is not right.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,565

Post#11 » by El Turco » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:10 pm

this year makes up for playing #2 team in the nation last two years in ooc while other top . we played tough ooc schedule last two years and look what happened at the end, its not a measure of anything really, especially this year where weak ooc teams tend to upset more than any other year. stop complaining.

on the side note, as i expected overrated illinois goes down.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,700

Post#12 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:15 pm

Okay, so at what point does Michigan re-enter the Top 25?
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by studcrackers » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:Okay, so at what point does Michigan re-enter the Top 25?

maybe after this week, if they beat Illinois next week id say they're definitely back in
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by studcrackers » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:28 pm

also i didnt get to see the game but it seems like the 4th time in 5 weeks an alabama comes down to the wire, they sure love making things interesting on themselves. good comeback though after going down a TD.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#15 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:27 pm

Big 11 is probably the worst major conference this year
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,204
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#16 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:29 pm

jumanji wrote:It's a minute or two into the USC and Arizona game and the Trojans might win by a bunch but my take is there is something wrong with this team. Dont know if it's the lack of leadership, lack of cohesiveness or just a program heading for the toilet but something is not right.

Definitely leadership and lack of cohesiveness. They seem like a lot of talent with no particular direction.

The program isn't going anywhere though... people betray there hometown schools in favor of playing for USC :nonono:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
jumanji
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by jumanji » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:48 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Definitely leadership and lack of cohesiveness. They seem like a lot of talent with no particular direction.

The program isn't going anywhere though... people betray there hometown schools in favor of playing for USC :nonono:

Guys go there to play in the NFL, they certainly dont go there for the campus. If they take a hit from the whole Reggie Bush flap they could suffer. They're clawing and scratching today and getting some good play from the younger players. Injuries and lack of production from some of the veterans there have killed them.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:52 pm

Matt Flynn FTL :nonono:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:06 pm

ZOMG Matt Flynn FTW!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by studcrackers » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:07 pm

les miles is going to kill the tigers chances if he doesnt keep playing that POS flynn, put in perriloux damnit. it was productive last week and yet he kept taking him out every time he made a positive play.

Return to NCAA Football