Week 9 (Oct. 25-27) thread

Moderator: studcrackers

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#81 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:37 am

GSWbandwagon wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

tell that to the pac10 refs. last year at a cal basketball game (i think against ua) there was an earthquake. building shook, a few pieces of probably old confetti or something fell from the roof. the game stops. the ref goes over to ben braun (cal's coach) and informs braun that there will be a technical assessed to cal because the cal fans are shaking the building and throwing things onto the court and that braun should get on the arena mic and tell people to behave. ahh, pac10 refs. :banghead:

i agree with the ref. it's considered "home court advantage". :lol:
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,088

Post#82 » by High 5 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:44 am

GYBE wrote:Anthony Morelli is that bad. He's the new Reggie Ball.

8)

That's a bold statement. Reggie Ball may be the worst college QB I have ever seen. Without a doubt the worst 4 year starter.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#83 » by Icness » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:49 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's a bold statement. Reggie Ball may be the worst college QB I have ever seen. Without a doubt the worst 4 year starter.

He was better than Stanley Jackson at OSU in the late 90s. Actually they might be the same crappy guy...

We had a guy at Ohio U. my first two years (90-91) there, can't recall his name for the life of me. But I do recall he had a completion % in the low 40s and a 9/29 TD/INT ratio. Then he got moved to safety and probably sucked at that too. I was often too drunk to pay close attention to our lousy team in that era.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#84 » by KingInExile » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:01 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

no, arizona will beat notre dame. you got it wrong.

Well, I guess that Arizona can beat the Huskies at least.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
BuckPack
Starter
And1: 802

Post#85 » by BuckPack » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:40 pm

GYBE wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not going to dissect every game and how it makes one conference better, it's incredibly stupid to think a single match can dictate conference strength. It's a very wierd year and I don't think any of the BE/B10/B12/ACC have seperated themselves. Clemson has no good wins and you want them ranked? Alabama has the same record with wins over Tennessee and at Vanderbilt, both better wins than FSU and at NC State.

It's not just one game. And for you to continue to disqualify any argument by saying "I'm not going to look at one game in a vacuum" is just some lame justification for actually confronting the facts. Now, it finally looks like the Conference is getting the respect it deserves nationally. It has jsut as many teams in the BCS rankings (5) as ANY conference. And if you look a the polls, the ACC and SEC each have five teams in the top 25. The Big 12 has four, the Big East, Big Ten and Pac-10 have three each and the WAC has two. The Big 12 has the most in the top 10, with three.

FSU beat BOTH Colorado on the road and Alabama at a neutral site. Their only losses are to ACC teams (Wake, who is quite good, Clemson, who is also quite good, and a rivalry game to Miami). I know you may not want to think that FSU could be better than "Bama and Colorado just b/c they lost to a non-traditional ACC power like Wake, but that doesn't change the fact that head-to-head, they defeated two very solid SEC/Big 12 programs on the road/at a netural site.

Here are some more games for you:

Clemson is now ranked, and if you don't think oblittering Maryland on the road is impressive, then I don't know what to tell you. Maryland went into Piscataway and handily defeated Rutgers and while the Terps are at best the 6th best team in the ACC, Rutgers is probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the BE. Again, big edge to the ACC.

Miami. Pummelled by Oklahom, though the game was close for 2.5 quarters until the wheels fell off, but they then in turn pounded A&M. I think their inconsistency speaks for itself--they can beat anybody and also lose to anybody. That's why they're ranked in the middle of the pack of the ACC. But the middle of the pack of the ACC beat the middle of the pack of the Big 12 pretty handily.

Duke. Stinks. Worst team in arguably all of the BCS conferences. Yet, they somehow managed to beat the 6th or 7th best Big Ten in Northwestern ON THE ROAD. Call the win a fluke all you want, but unfortunately, head to head, they proved that they're superior. Virginia beat UConn. etc. etc.

So, I'm not talking about just one game here. To argue that the ACC is only as good as the Big Ten or Big East really flies in the face of what has transpired on the field the last few weeks.

And btw, those Kentucky/South Carolina teams certainly don't look as good right now as they did last week eh? Maybe we shouldn't be overrating LSU's SEC wins and underrating BC's ACC wins, like GT, Wake and @ VT.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:15 pm

BuckPack wrote:Duke. Stinks. Worst team in arguably all of the BCS conferences. Yet, they somehow managed to beat the 6th or 7th best Big Ten in Northwestern ON THE ROAD. Call the win a fluke all you want, but unfortunately, head to head, they proved that they're superior.

Northwestern is the worst team in the Big 11 and probably THE worst team of all the BCS conferences. That you even made that statement baffles the hell out of me.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
BuckPack
Starter
And1: 802

Post#87 » by BuckPack » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:22 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Northwestern is the worst team in the Big 11 and probably THE worst team of all the BCS conferences. That you even made that statement baffles the hell out of me.

ummm, well not according to the Big Ten Standings, where they're 2-3 (losing to arguably the top 3 teams in the Big Ten in OSU, Mich, and Purdue). They've beaten Michigan State in East Lansing and Minnesota at home (who is without a DOUBT the worst team in the Big Ten--who has lost to TWO, count them, TWO D1-AA teams, as well as Bowling Green).

So, actually, that you even make that baseless statement baffles the hell out of ME.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:45 am

Let's not get testy. I hadn't realized that Northwestern and Minnesota had faced off. In that case, you are correct.

But your aggressive promotion of the ACC leaves a lot open for interpretation. When Miami and BC play each other, I'll get back to you.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
MoTown
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#89 » by MoTown » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:18 am

PNF we miss you at WTF.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,661

Post#90 » by Worm Guts » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:37 pm

BuckPack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ummm, well not according to the Big Ten Standings, where they're 2-3 (losing to arguably the top 3 teams in the Big Ten in OSU, Mich, and Purdue). They've beaten Michigan State in East Lansing and Minnesota at home (who is without a DOUBT the worst team in the Big Ten--who has lost to TWO, count them, TWO D1-AA teams, as well as Bowling Green).

So, actually, that you even make that baseless statement baffles the hell out of ME.

Don't exaggerate. Minnesota has only lost to 1 D1-AA team. Florida Atlantic is D1 team.

Return to NCAA Football