ImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 483

Re: NBA Playoffs 

Post#41 » by MortSahlfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 am

Pacers tried to give that game away.... Up 3, FOUL. Many guys miss free throws, too.

And they should have gone for the 2 for 1 each time. Many teams also can't even get one good shot off.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,945

Post#42 » by Uncle Mxy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 pm

I was at a hotel bar, rooting for Denver to come back from behind yet again.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,710

Post#43 » by Cowology » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:14 pm

LBJ & AD going to do their thing; they need at least 2 more guys to play well in order to have a shot. Last night they had 4 guys score 20+ pts with Reaves AND Russell playing well. The still gonna lose in 5.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#44 » by MortSahlfan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 pm

Knicks are down Randle but are now up 3-1... Brunson wanted to re-sign for 40 million, Cuban said no, and he ends up signing for 120 million. And it wasn't like he was an old guy like Steve Nash (who Cuban let go as well).
jars
Junior
And1: 32

Post#45 » by jars » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:36 am

MortSahlfan wrote:What's wrong with Heat culture? They seem to be able to compete regardless if Butler/Rozier are out.. They draft a non-lottery, 4-yr guy with Jaquez and even non-drafted guys who contribute. Pistons have had 15 lottery picks out of the last 16 years and have very little to show for it.

I have no problems with their drafting or team construction. If you can get multiple undrafted guys and have them be pieces on playoff teams, you're great at identifying talent.

Heat culture has more to do with being a tough and nasty team. I hate that it is another team, specifically one that has the ease of attracting top level free agents because of their location. I always feel like that nasty grit and grind/bad boys nature should be part of a small market underdog team rather than a pina-colada sipping, unbuttoned shirt wearing, chilling by the pool type market like Miami.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#46 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm

jars wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:What's wrong with Heat culture? They seem to be able to compete regardless if Butler/Rozier are out.. They draft a non-lottery, 4-yr guy with Jaquez and even non-drafted guys who contribute. Pistons have had 15 lottery picks out of the last 16 years and have very little to show for it.

I have no problems with their drafting or team construction. If you can get multiple undrafted guys and have them be pieces on playoff teams, you're great at identifying talent.

Heat culture has more to do with being a tough and nasty team. I hate that it is another team, specifically one that has the ease of attracting top level free agents because of their location. I always feel like that nasty grit and grind/bad boys nature should be part of a small market underdog team rather than a pina-colada sipping, unbuttoned shirt wearing, chilling by the pool type market like Miami.

It should be here in Detroit.. Fortunately for them, Pat Riley does things his way and seems to maximize their team, which seems to always overachieve.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#47 » by Cowology » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:
jars wrote:

It should be here in Detroit.. Fortunately for them, Pat Riley does things his way and seems to maximize their team, which seems to always overachieve.
I've disliked Riley since his Laker days but I respect the hell outa Miami. 2nd best run organization behind the Spurs. I wish we had "Heat culture".
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#48 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:40 pm

Cowology wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:
jars wrote:I have no problems with their drafting or team construction. If you can get multiple undrafted guys and have them be pieces on playoff teams, you're great at identifying talent.

I've disliked Riley since his Laker days but I respect the hell outa Miami. 2nd best run organization behind the Spurs. I wish we had "Heat culture".

Out of curiosity, why do you dislike Pat Riley?
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,798

Post#49 » by theBigLip » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:38 pm

Cowology wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:
jars wrote:I have no problems with their drafting or team construction. If you can get multiple undrafted guys and have them be pieces on playoff teams, you're great at identifying talent.

Curious. So why are the Spurs considered to be well run? They got lucky and got Duncan and got Manu and Parker w smart drafting. And I do like that they keep their coach around. But what have they done the last 5 years? They actually had Kawhi and didn’t do him right w his injuries. Besides lucking out again w Wemby, I don’t see their organization any better than Detroit.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 445

Post#50 » by Sort » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:22 pm

Look, I think the Pistons as an organization have been awful, and Pistons should have traded Bojan Bogdanović two years ago considering his trade value was higher and nothing was gained from a veteran like him on this season.

But everyone vibed how amazing a trade this was for New York. Now Bojan is out for the playoffs, and Burks played awful on a winning team and can't play at all now. And Pistons got perhaps a solid rotation player, but one that likely will never be healthy.

In reality, that trade was the proverbial nothing burger for everyone involved.
The Number 9
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#51 » by The Number 9 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:40 pm

theBigLip wrote:Curious. So why are the Spurs considered to be well run? They got lucky and got Duncan and got Manu and Parker w smart drafting. And I do like that they keep their coach around. But what have they done the last 5 years? They actually had Kawhi and didn’t do him right w his injuries. Besides lucking out again w Wemby, I don’t see their organization any better than Detroit.

They were a play in team like 2 years ago. And they were constantly better than us the last 5 years (and more).
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,798

Post#52 » by theBigLip » Thu May 2, 2024 2:44 pm

The Number 9 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:Curious. So why are the Spurs considered to be well run? They got lucky and got Duncan and got Manu and Parker w smart drafting. And I do like that they keep their coach around. But what have they done the last 5 years? They actually had Kawhi and didn’t do him right w his injuries. Besides lucking out again w Wemby, I don’t see their organization any better than Detroit.

They were a play in team like 2 years ago. And they were constantly better than us the last 5 years (and more).

Ok, I might have been exaggerating on the Detroit comment, but I don’t seem them as a great org. Kawhi was a debacle.
JennetteMcCurdy
Freshman

Post#53 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Fri May 3, 2024 12:20 am

Rick Carlisle was, and is, a great coach. Milwaukee brings in clunky bench players, Indiana presses. 23-6 run.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,901

Post#54 » by MotownMadness » Fri May 3, 2024 12:24 am

Obi looks good, is he a RFA?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,901

Post#55 » by MotownMadness » Fri May 3, 2024 2:11 am

Buddy is cooking
JennetteMcCurdy
Freshman

Post#56 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Fri May 3, 2024 2:12 am

Breaking News: Pistons sign Buddy Hield to 4 year, $130 million contract
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#57 » by Cowology » Fri May 3, 2024 3:44 am

I would not have had NY vs. Indy on my bingo card. Philly & Mil looked like two of the top 3 teams in the East coming into the season. MIA out too.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,265

Post#58 » by GreekAlex » Fri May 3, 2024 3:54 am

Cowology wrote:I would not have had NY vs. Indy on my bingo card. Philly & Mil looked like two of the top 3 teams in the East coming into the season. MIA out too.

Indy’s depth is impressive. Mathurin & Jalen Smith aren’t even playing.

I’m not sure how much the KP injury is going to impact Boston, but I still think the east is theirs to lose.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,271

Post#59 » by vege » Fri May 3, 2024 3:54 am

JennetteMcCurdy wrote:Breaking News: Pistons sign Buddy Hield to 4 year, $130 million contract

We're going for the guy who scored 0 points and only shot twice the entire game, the game his team was eliminated, and we're probably going to pay more than 4/130.

Tobias is a mental midget. He is a decent player, but he is not worth the money. He was 100% the reason why Philly was eliminated tonight.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,271

Post#60 » by vege » Fri May 3, 2024 3:58 am

GreekAlex wrote:
Cowology wrote:I would not have had NY vs. Indy on my bingo card. Philly & Mil looked like two of the top 3 teams in the East coming into the season. MIA out too.

Indy’s depth is impressive. Mathurin & Jalen Smith aren’t even playing.

I’m not sure how much the KP injury is going to impact Boston, but I still think the east is theirs to lose.

As long as Derrick White is health they'll win. KP is unimportant. White is their real star.

Return to Detroit Pistons