ImageImageImage

Game 75 - Pistons vs Grizzlies - 7pm ET

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 394

Re: Game 75 - Pistons vs Grizzlies - 7pm ET 

Post#21 » by bjones521 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:38 am

I didnt watch much of the game. Watching Iowa and LSU but if Cade and Ivey cant beat JJ and Luke Kennard then they arent good enough. Pray Weaver is gone along with Ivey and Duren. Start from scratch with a new GM, Cade, Ausar a top 4 pick.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#22 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:37 am

Cade just needs the right guys around him.

Read on Twitter
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,273

Post#23 » by Neptune » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:59 am

Tough lost, we win this game if Duren didn't leave cause his tooth. Good game by our starting guards, not sure why Fournier gets any playing time at all.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,411

Post#24 » by Mr Peanut » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:30 am

We were playing with three NBA level rotation players and we lost one after 5 minutes. If not for Cade this would've been a blowout. Guess you accept this and move on. Have to feel sorry for Cade though, he is battling out there to will this team to victory but just has no help.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,375

Post#25 » by Spider156 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:51 am

Mr Peanut wrote:We were playing with three NBA level rotation players and we lost one after 5 minutes. If not for Cade this would've been a blowout. Guess you accept this and move on. Have to feel sorry for Cade though, he is battling out there to will this team to victory but just has no help.

I wouldn’t feel that bad. He’s putting up max extension numbers guaranteed now. He’s about to get MAD paid like Lamelo Edwards and Haliburton. He wants his 65 games too. I think Cade has a good understanding the team has cap space and another first round pick in the top lottery. Can draft best available or trade the pick. These players understand the team’s situation better than we do. You don’t think they have insider information on who the team wants to pursue in the summer? Cade is developing well on the Pistons, yes he needs help but being alone out there isn’t the worst thing considering all the challenges he’s facing now compared to when he does get help whether on our team or another. When thinking about a player leaving, he’s not going anywhere. Again, he’s about to get MAD paid like 38-40m a year plus. He’s fine for another year or two at least. Why would he get mad at 23 making that money? There’s players that think it’s a video game early in their career like Kyrie and AD. Then there’s players that take themselves seriously that don’t care where they play as long as they compete. I do think Cade believes in certain players still like Duren Ausar are still quite young. Keep the talent coming. It may have taken 2-3 years longer than expected, but the roster needs 2-3 more players this offseason. I don’t think we’ll get strong talent, just more depth as usual like Plumlee/Olynyk type of players who are solid.
Defense wins championships
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 305

Post#26 » by breezypeezy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:59 am

joedumars1 wrote:Well i bet duren to get a dbl dbl. only thing I needed for my parlay to hit. I had a tooth knocked
Out and played through it in high school, oh well, always next time

Thats really weak of Duren if he cant play over losing a tooth. My only question would be if the coaches or trainer sat him out or is he that much of a pansy?
Im honestly not sure.

But I can tell you theres a lot blue collar Detroiters and construction workers that would still finish there shift without that tooth.

Lemme put it this way, what would Penei Sewel have done, im thinking he'd have maybe missed one damn snap.

And thats a big part of the problem with this team with no fight in it.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#27 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:24 am

Damn.. Tough loss
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,449

Post#28 » by Billl » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:35 pm

breezypeezy wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:Well i bet duren to get a dbl dbl. only thing I needed for my parlay to hit. I had a tooth knocked

Thats really weak of Duren if he cant play over losing a tooth. My only question would be if the coaches or trainer sat him out or is he that much of a pansy?
Im honestly not sure.

But I can tell you theres a lot blue collar Detroiters and construction workers that would still finish there shift without that tooth.

Lemme put it this way, what would Penei Sewel have done, im thinking he'd have maybe missed one damn snap.

That's, well, super dumb. You can often put a tooth back in if you recover it and get treatment asap. Absolutely no reason to give up the proper treatment to try to win a meaningless game.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#29 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:34 pm

Hope it's not a concussion.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,950

Post#30 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:56 pm

breezypeezy wrote:Thats really weak of Duren if he cant play over losing a tooth. My only question would be if the coaches or trainer sat him out or is he that much of a pansy?.

Superglue for the tooth, duct tape for the blood, and a body bag for the other guy. That's how we roll.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,088

Post#31 » by joedumars1 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:09 pm

Billl wrote:
breezypeezy wrote:

Im honestly not sure.

That's, well, super dumb. You can often put a tooth back in if you recover it and get treatment asap. Absolutely no reason to give up the proper treatment to try to win a meaningless game.

If that is the details then yeah that’s smart lol
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,968

Post#32 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:50 pm

If Duren lost the tooth, during a pivotal game in the playoffs, then yeah, I would expect him to return.

Game 75 of the season, on one of the worst teams in NBA history? Yeah, go fix it.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,504

Post#33 » by Canadafan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:37 am

Read on Twitter
?t=mcIbCI6SXzk2gRvoUumatw&s=19
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 305

Post#34 » by breezypeezy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:20 am

Well good then that he still wanted play, thats what I was concerned with.

Still maintain the team is disgracefully lacking in competitiveness and my tolerance is getting short after what the Pistons have put us through this year.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by Canadafan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:33 pm

breezypeezy wrote:Well good then that he still wanted play, thats what I was concerned with.

Still maintain the team is disgracefully lacking in competitiveness and my tolerance is getting short after what the Pistons have put us through this year.

Ya, I'm remaining optimistic that we sign some dogs this summer. I can't handle softies like Tobias on our team. I want the guys that'll be knocking out the teeth not getting their teeth knocked out :wink:
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,314

Post#36 » by vege » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:45 pm

Canadafan wrote:
breezypeezy wrote:Well good then that he still wanted play, thats what I was concerned with.

Ya, I'm remaining optimistic that we sign some dogs this summer. I can't handle softies like Tobias on our team. I want the guys that'll be knocking out the teeth not getting their teeth knocked out :wink:

I like Tobias but yes, every time I think about him I remember Jeff VanGundy saying the Reggie/Tobias/Dre team were mental midgets, then I remember Tobias would constantly drop 15 in the first quarter and disappear the rest of the game and not even reach 20 points.

We need more guys like Ausar, hungry and playing with 100% intensity the whole time.
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#37 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:56 pm

vege wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

I like Tobias but yes, every time I think about him I remember Jeff VanGundy saying the Reggie/Tobias/Dre team were mental midgets, then I remember Tobias would constantly drop 15 in the first quarter and disappear the rest of the game and not even reach 20 points.

We need more guys like Ausar, hungry and playing with 100% intensity the whole time.

Tobias is going to be 32 in July. It makes little sense to go for him. The only reason he would sign with Detroit would be for a pure money grab. I think it’s way more likely that he stays in Philly for 3 years, 75-80 million.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by Canadafan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:17 pm

vege wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Hell yes. Tobias is likable guy but you're right. Too many times I remember him disappearing late in games. Give me tough gritty players. I need competitive basketball back in my life

Return to Detroit Pistons