ImageImageImage

Is the Blaha/Kelser homerism wearing thin?

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Re: Is the Blaha/Kelser homerism wearing thin? 

Post#21 » by Drwho17 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:49 pm

I wouldn't hold this stuff against Duren at this point, right now I think a lot of the lack of effort on defense is an issue with him knowing he has to stay on the floor, with the lack of depth on the team, it's similar to Cade C, who takes breaks on defense also. Duren will be fine when he's playing meaningful games and isn't one of the few players on the team actually in the lineup.
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,524

Post#22 » by oldncreaky » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:33 pm

I used to listen to Blaha on the radio covering the woeful pre-Isiah Dick Vitale-era Pistons, when few if any games were broadcast on TV, so I'll appreciate every minute he can give us.
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#23 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:14 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:I would say the opposite. We have the most even keeled announcers in the league

I always read other comments from fans who stream their games with Blaha/Kelser and they have nothing but good things to say. "They call it like it is" and "fair" were words I used. "Respectful" was another.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#24 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:36 am

oldncreaky wrote:I used to listen to Blaha on the radio covering the woeful pre-Isiah Dick Vitale-era Pistons, when few if any games were broadcast on TV, so I'll appreciate every minute he can give us.

I recall him gushing over Tripucka. Blaha is like the ultimate fan. It gets cheesy but much appreciated. He just loves the Pistons win, lose or draw.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Detroit Pistons