And1: 1,282

Lineup Experiment 

Post#1 » by GreekAlex » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:02 pm

Cade
Sasser
Fournier
Fontecchio
Stew

I know this lineup isn’t dynamic but I’m curious to see Cade surrounded by all competent shooters.

They don’t have to start together but I’d like to see some sample size from this group to help give the front office data to make better decisions in the offseason.
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 305

Re: Lineup Experiment 

Post#2 » by breezypeezy » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:46 pm

Ivey/ Grimes
Sasser/ Fournier
Cade/ Auser
Tek/ Gibson
Duren/ Stew
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,282

Post#3 » by GreekAlex » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:16 pm

breezypeezy wrote:Ivey/ Grimes
Sasser/ Fournier
Cade/ Auser
Tek/ Gibson
Duren/ Stew

I definitely like Tek starting but I’m not sure how much Taj has left in the tank.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,713

Post#4 » by Invictus88 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:07 pm

There is no experimentation to be done here. You play:

Ivey
Cade
Ausar
Fontecchio
Duren

You give them a healthy share of the first quarter and then do *normal* staggered substitutions the rest of the way with starters dominating most of the minutes... like every other freaking successful team does.

Sasser has been rusty / ice cold as of late and is a defensive liability currently due to his size. Fournier is aging and can't really defend at all. Why on earth would you play Stew when you have Duren? Cade needs spacing but he also needs lob threats too.

The above lineup has already functioned well. Cade had his best 4-game stretch in a ***long*** time up until recently when Stewart came off the DL and the idiot Monty decided to F everything up by starting him.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp. It is incredibly disappointing Monty is being willfully idiotic and/or being pressured from above to be so.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#5 » by Mr Peanut » Thu Mar 7, 2024 10:41 am

Invictus88 wrote:There is no experimentation to be done here. You play:

Ivey
Cade
Ausar
Fontecchio
Duren

You give them a healthy share of the first quarter and then do *normal* staggered substitutions the rest of the way with starters dominating most of the minutes... like every other freaking successful team does.

Sasser has been rusty / ice cold as of late and is a defensive liability currently due to his size. Fournier is aging and can't really defend at all. Why on earth would you play Stew when you have Duren? Cade needs spacing but he also needs lob threats too.

The above lineup has already functioned well. Cade had his best 4-game stretch in a ***long*** time up until recently when Stewart came off the DL and the idiot Monty decided to F everything up by starting him.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp. It is incredibly disappointing Monty is being willfully idiotic and/or being pressured from above to be so.

Agreed, this would be the starting line-up with a staggered bench line-up. This would be my minutes distribution (when fully healthy):

Duren (32)/Stewart (16)
Fontecchio (32)/Stewart (16)
Ausar (32)/Grimes (8)/TBJ (8)
Ivey (34)/Grimes (14)
Cade (34)/Sasser (14)
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#6 » by kellmellus50 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:55 pm

Grimes has knee issues for 3 years and he's out again with knee issues,he needs surgury to fix them.
SweetV
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#7 » by SweetV » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:54 pm

Sasser (39) Flynn (9)
Ivey (39) Brown Jr. (9)
Cunningham (39) Fontecchio (9)
Thompson (39) Stewart (9)
Duren (39) Wiseman (9)

Don't really care about the bench minutes but those 5 starters should be getting over 35 minutes every game. They are literally the only players that matter and need to get reps.

I wouldn't mind giving Cade and Duren less minutes since its pretty clear that they are solid players who can help us win. The other 3 starters need big minutes for development purposes.

Give the bench minutes to our youngest bench players as well. Hopefully Stewart can get a phantom injury because he does not fit on a team with Ausar and Duren.

Tosan Evbuomwan 23
Jared Rhoden 24
Stanley Umude 24

Need to find these guys some extra run before the season ends and see what they can do.
R.I.P. Blade Icewood

Return to Detroit Pistons