ImageImageImage

GAME 60 - PISTONS @ Magic - 6pm ET

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,088

Re: GAME 60 - PISTONS @ Magic - 6pm ET 

Post#61 » by joedumars1 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:15 am

Magic going to sit their starters? 3:18 left? Detroit is.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,088

Post#62 » by joedumars1 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:21 am

joedumars1 wrote:
Absolutia wrote:I think that maybe our young starters could handle the last eight minutes.

Yeah probbaly Monty Trying to prove a point to the fans, like I played the young
Guys no wiseman but they sucked put in the idler
Guys and they didn’t look terrible. Hopefully that isn’t it, but it seems Monty is that guy.

Greg just said the same thing, sad.
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,273

Post#63 » by Neptune » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:23 am

Did our starters go to Disney world yesterday? None of them played well tonight!

Good job by Monty by not giving our starters any playing time in the 2nd half. That sh#t was bad!
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#64 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:30 am

Oh look the core 4 which has one good defender and 4 below league average 3pt shooters once again couldn’t shoot or defend anyone.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,966

Post#65 » by MotownMadness » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:49 am

Cade having one of his monthly slumps again?
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#66 » by MotownMadness » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:52 am

buzzkilloton wrote:Oh look the core 4 which has one good defender and 4 below league average 3pt shooters once again couldn’t shoot or defend anyone.

Gotta package a few of them for a All Star level talent. We're about to be adding another young and dumb player this off-season as well.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#67 » by mattao313 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:03 am

The defense and shooting is awful everytime I watch

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,950

Post#68 » by Uncle Mxy » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:31 am

And the turd-dropping continues... sheesh.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:49 am

League average shooting by position. So below is what the average nba lineup has for shooting on the court most times. Compare that to what we trout out there.

pg-37.1%
SG- 37.5%
SF-36.5%
PF-35.7%
C-34.9%

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-league-average-3-point-percentage-by-position
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#70 » by Mr Peanut » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:27 am

I had to double check and make sure this wasn't a parody quote:

Read on Twitter

At least the players are aware of this, even if Monty isn't.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#71 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:38 am

4 minutes left in this awful game, but I'd rather listen to music... I've paused the game multiple times because I needed a break from that bull.

'Cause love's such an old-fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And love dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last dance
This is ourselves
Under pressure
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#72 » by Moses ShamMoses » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:33 pm

This game was such a disappointment. Poor shooting by Cade and Ivey again. Ausar with an off night. When Fournier is your best player you're toast. Side note I actually don't mind Fournier and think he's a solid vet with some decent years left off the bench (anti-Joe Harris).
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,527

Post#73 » by whitehops » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:13 pm

i can't even put my finger on why but the last two games (vs. cavs and magic) i lost interest by the end of the first quarter. even in the win over the bulls our offense wasn't pretty by any means and we didn't play great defensively, they just went completely ice cold from 3.

it's so lame that weaver keeps committing roster spots/roles to players that are so undeserving of it. i keep thinking there's going to be a point where we upgrade our talent but weaver consistently keeps taking steps back. we had killian hayes as our backup PG, FINALLY got rid of him, then when it looked like we were finally going to have a competent backup PG in monte morris boom we trade him and now we have malachi flynn, who is almost as unroster-able as hayes. monte morris is playing 16 mpg (more than we played him) for a legit contender but we traded him for milton, who we waived, TBJ, who isn't in the rotation a 2030 2nd round pick.

for me personally the pistons' season can't end soon enough. weaver continues to run the team like it's a make-a-wish foundation, just giving opportunity to the worst players in the league and "doing right" by the vets so they can go to professional teams.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#74 » by MotownMadness » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:27 pm

Can tell everyone is over it

Nobody even has anything to say about it anymore
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:58 pm

Most of us were cool with the tank for awhile but now that Wemby has been missed its time to win some games. We now have 5 seasons of being basically the worst team ITL. We have officially tanked this bitch to the ground.

We have 60million dollars, top 5 pick in crap draft, "the core 4" and Stew, +I think we can still trade one future pick but we owe one too for assets.

Its time to add a good player to this team. Weavers forced us to watch years of just awful basketball and awful players. 5479 minutes of Killian Hayes basketball thats some ugly stuff. Wiseman and Bagley we all knew that was gonna be rough a bunch of others to.

This offseason cannot just be overpay T.Harris(Edwards is shilling Harris) and draft a top 5 pick and run this back. We need to make a move that has some balls to it. We got a band of losers were not developing the Warriors with this group thats for sure. Go get someone good shake this roster up a bit take a risk.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#76 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:08 pm

The last two games have been lifeless... Not sure why we traded Monte. We waited so long for him to be healthy.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,130

Post#77 » by bstein14 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:11 pm

Our team only had 28 rebounds tonight. They out rebounded us by 20. We can't start Ausar + Stew + Duren unless that trio takes pride in going to work on the glass and wins the rebounding battle every night... or at least keeps it close against other good bigger rebounding teams. That trio doesn't provide hardly anything for offensive skillset so if they aren't going to outwork the other team on the glass and inside than we can't start that trio.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,980

Post#78 » by Snakebites » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:49 pm

What an absolutely miserable game to watch.

It was unpleasant before they opened up the big lead.

I was hoping we’d finish on a high note, but now I feel like we’re just in the dog days towards the end of the season. It’s normal for a bad team to have those around this point but feels a lot less acceptable given what we’ve already endured this season as a fanbase.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,238

Post#79 » by NYPiston » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:08 pm

Snakebites wrote:What an absolutely miserable game to watch.

It was unpleasant before they opened up the big lead.

I was hoping we’d finish on a high note, but now I feel like we’re just in the dog days towards the end of the season. It’s normal for a bad team to have those around this point but feels a lot less acceptable given what we’ve already endured this season as a fanbase.

It's made all the more miserable knowing that Orlando was right there in the gutter with the Pistons not long ago with a young core that's the same age as the Pistons but are so much more advanced now. All this talk of the Pistons being young and give them time yet other young cores in their age group are lapping them and then some. Banchero and Wagner alone would be the Pistons best players.

I'm not gonna lie, I had a slight glimmer of hope when they had that nice stretch against the Kings and Clippers then again against the Magic at home and the Knicks then they follow each up by getting lambasted against the Lakers and Suns and now against the Cavs and Magic, a harsh dose of reality to illustrate that this is a worthy 9 win team and is miles away from even being merely respectable. You'd hope for signs of strong play from somebody, anybody to hang your hat on in these losses but there's nothing. Cade looked horrendous, Ivey is lost again, Duren is looking like Drummond at times and Ausar is again missing shots by a foot meanwhile the Magic young guys were cooking. Looking pretty hopeless tbh.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,314

Post#80 » by vege » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:24 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:The last two games have been lifeless... Not sure why we traded Monte. We waited so long for him to be healthy.

We didn't only traded Morris. We traded Morris, Bojan and Burks, and we got almost nothing in return. It was obvious we were going to be much worse after the deadline.

Those are all very good vets, and they're all 40% or better 3 point shooters.

Return to Detroit Pistons