Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: Trade w/Utah 

Post#121 » by DetroitSho » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:15 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Or its how my phone kept correcting it.

Not that deep.

Now I'm calling him Tek. As in tek 19. Like tec-9, or glock-19.

You know, for the shooting.
Thee old auto correct excuse. Riiiiiiight.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
What, you think you caught some closeted Italian racist?

1910-20 called, they want their suspicion back.

Actually, no, I never identified it as racist. I just think it was stupid. And no, you're not a closeted racist but you're lying about the auto correct. That excuse wreaks of dog ate my homework.

keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 138

Post#122 » by keepitrealhomes » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:34 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
keepitrealhomes wrote:“Fettuccine” strikes me as boomer humor. I don’t see it as racist more than it just sounds like a middle aged white dude trying to be funny
Or its how my phone kept correcting it.

Not that deep.

Wasn’t even singling you out as I keep seeing a bunch of people call him that, but good to know it’s a sore subject for you lol
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,119

Post#123 » by tmorgan » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:34 am

Tecc, or whatever alternate spelling you want to use, is a good nickname.

Zeeb, you’re my guy, but I’m not buying your autocorrect excuse for a second. After you didn’t like our draft pick, you called the guy Asser for at least two weeks.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,282

Post#124 » by GreekAlex » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:58 am

tmorgan wrote:Tecc, or whatever alternate spelling you want to use, is a good nickname.

Zeeb, you’re my guy, but I’m not buying your autocorrect excuse for a second. After you didn’t like our draft pick, you called the guy Asser for at least two weeks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mind had selective memory loss regarding the “Asser” era lol
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#125 » by DetroitSho » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:16 am

tmorgan wrote:Tecc, or whatever alternate spelling you want to use, is a good nickname.

This right here. Like c'mon man.

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,317

Post#126 » by vege » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:30 am

zeebneeb wrote:
keepitrealhomes wrote:“Fettuccine” strikes me as boomer humor. I don’t see it as racist more than it just sounds like a middle aged white dude trying to be funny

Not that deep.

You should be able to call him whatever you want, as long as it's not offensive. I mean, not long ago, we were calling an European player Poop, and no one was butthurt.

I have a lot of Italian blood fwiw, my father's mother and my mother's mother were born from both italian parents and I LoLed the first time you posted Fettuccine, I mean, there are paid members of the media that can't spell his name, typing Fonteccio or Fonteneccio.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,968

Post#127 » by zeebneeb » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:48 am

The first time I tried to type his name out, it auto corrected it, so it is what it is.

Not an excuse, got no reason to lie about it.

As you said, I was calling him asser. I don't two **** what people think about it, or what I say.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,249

Post#128 » by BDM22 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:51 am

zeebneeb wrote:

The first time I tried to type his name out, it auto corrected it, so it is what it is.

Not an excuse, got no reason to lie about it.

As you said, I was calling him asser. I don't two **** what people think about it, or what I say.

True. This man still has Kwame Brown in his avatar after all :D

Serves as a reminder that Troy Weaver acquiring big man busts is just carrying on the legacy of Joe Dumars 8-)
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 138

Post#129 » by keepitrealhomes » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:00 pm

Again, never thought it was racist/offensive, just corny and lazy
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#130 » by Moses ShamMoses » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:26 pm

I don't really like Tek or Fettucine. I might just have to learn how to spell his real name...

fonte-cc-hio
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,985

Post#131 » by Snakebites » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:13 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:I don't really like Tek or Fettucine. I might just have to learn how to spell his real name...

fonte-cc-hio

Yeah I don’t care for either name. Fontecchio or Simone will be fine. It’s not that hard.
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#132 » by DetroitSho » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:26 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Moses ShamMoses wrote:I don't really like Tek or Fettucine. I might just have to learn how to spell his real name...

fonte-cc-hio

Yeah I don’t care for either name. Fontecchio or Simone will be fine. It’s not that hard.
Not to mention if you spell it correctly the first time your smart phone kinda remembers and gives you that option while you're typing it out moving forward.

LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 581

Post#133 » by LaSheed » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:01 am

vege wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

Not that deep.

You should be able to call him whatever you want, as long as it's not offensive. I mean, not long ago, we were calling an European player Poop, and no one was butthurt.

I have a lot of Italian blood fwiw, my father's mother and my mother's mother were born from both italian parents and I LoLed the first time you posted Fettuccine, I mean, there are paid members of the media that can't spell his name, typing Fonteccio or Fonteneccio.

Lmao Vege I'm shocked you are Part Italian. And I mean this with no offense. I'm just saying from a poster perspective I didn't expect that! You are the Pistons forum
vege
RealGM

Post#134 » by vege » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:55 am

LaSheed wrote:
vege wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Or its how my phone kept correcting it.

Not that deep.

Lmao Vege I'm shocked you are Part Italian. And I mean this with no offense. I'm just saying from a poster perspective I didn't expect that! You are the Pistons forum

Italian/Portuguese
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,412

Post#135 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:22 am

Early days but this trade looks promising. 5 games in and Fontecchio is averaging 15.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.5 apg on 48% FG, 39% 3PT (6.2 attempts) and playing OK defense. The rebounding isn't great but he's mostly on the floor with Duren and three other guys who are above average rebounders for their positions so I guess you expect that.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,131

Post#136 » by bstein14 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:56 am

Mr Peanut wrote:Early days but this trade looks promising. 5 games in and Fontecchio is averaging 15.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.5 apg on 48% FG, 39% 3PT (6.2 attempts) and playing OK defense. The rebounding isn't great but he's mostly on the floor with Duren and three other guys who are above average rebounders for their positions so I guess you expect that.

Solid for sure. If he can continue to be a guy that's close to 15 PPG, 50% overall and 40% from deep it will be interesting to see what Weaver pays and/or what type of offer sheet he signs from another team this summer.

I will say he got several shots swatted/altered today while driving inside I am sure its more difficult for him to get good looks off playing with this team and non shooters like Ausar and Duren than it was playing up front with guys like Lauri Markkanen, John Collins, Kelly Olynyk, etc. His overall usage is up and his efficiency is only down slightly thus far coming to Detroit playing with Monty's chaos.
vege
RealGM

Post#137 » by vege » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:04 am

Mr Peanut wrote:Early days but this trade looks promising. 5 games in and Fontecchio is averaging 15.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.5 apg on 48% FG, 39% 3PT (6.2 attempts) and playing OK defense. The rebounding isn't great but he's mostly on the floor with Duren and three other guys who are above average rebounders for their positions so I guess you expect that.

He was targetted and abused by the might Rui Hachimura. If that's ok defense for you, Bojan also plays ok defense and he is an offensive beast.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,412

Post#138 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:26 am

vege wrote:

He was targetted and abused by the might Rui Hachimura. If that's ok defense for you, Bojan also plays ok defense and he is an offensive beast.

His DBPM in 5 games so far is -0.5 vs Bojan for us this season who had a putrid -2.5. Not even remotely comparable.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#139 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:47 pm

I like what I've seen so far. Hes at least a competent player that can shoot the 3pter.
vege
RealGM

Post#140 » by vege » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:20 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
vege wrote:

His DBPM in 5 games so far is -0.5 vs Bojan for us this season who had a putrid -2.5. Not even remotely comparable.

That's only 1 metric, but even that metric shows he is bad. Bojan is obviously worse than him, but my point is, he is bad, he is not ok.

Return to Detroit Pistons