Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,550

Cade to be Re-Evaluated in 7-10 days 

Post#1 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jan 9, 2024 5:20 pm

Source:
Read on Twitter

Based on how the org operated, I’d be surprised to see him before the all star break.

I honestly think this is a blessing in disguise. Let Ivey prove he can be a secondary ball handler by being a lead guard for the next month.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,023

Re: Cade to be Re-Evaluated in 7-10 days 

Post#2 » by zeebneeb » Tue Jan 9, 2024 5:51 pm

Here comes another streak.

This season is going to be one for the record books(already is), and not in a good way.

Trade deadline is February 8th 3pm.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#3 » by Canadafan » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:23 pm

Oh, no doubt we'll inexplicably go on a winning streak. Our coach will surround Ivey and Duren with Burks Bojan and Knox to give them the proper spacing they'll need and they'll look like the 2nd coming of Shaq and Kobe :lol:
Just to mess with our heads even more
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#4 » by Billl » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:23 pm

Ok Killian, now is the time for you to go on an inexplicable run and convince some team you have untapped potential. Morris should be back by the end of the month, so this is the last chance.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#5 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:40 pm

I would say it's not a big deal because it will be good to have some other guys get a chance with the ball in their hands in a lost season, but let's be real, we know it's gonna be 36 minutes of Killian Hayes dribbling the air out of the ball.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,324

Post#6 » by Moses ShamMoses » Tue Jan 9, 2024 7:59 pm

We didn't need more reasons for fans to skip watching games at this point...
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,775

Post#7 » by Cowology » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:51 pm

We should have sold on Killian when he had that brief DeRozan-like run last year. All we needed was for 1 idiot GM to think Killian was good. I'm sorry, let me qualify that. All we needed was for 1 non-Weaver idiot GM to think Killian was good.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#8 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:55 pm

Cowology wrote:We should have sold on Killian when he had that brief DeRozan-like run last year. All we needed was for 1 idiot GM to think Killian was good. I'm sorry, let me qualify that. All we needed was for 1 non-Weaver idiot GM to think Killian was good.

We need Kevin O'Connor to get a front office gig somewhere.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,091

Post#9 » by joedumars1 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:29 pm

We’ve heard this before. **** man, they need to do something. I guess everyone still getting paid, so if it ain’t broke and all
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 186

Post#10 » by Rip32 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:26 pm

Should have never been drafted by us. The deal Houston offered was ridiculous

Sent from my SM-A546U using RealGM mobile app

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,552

Post#11 » by whitehops » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:56 pm

tomorrow will be the 10th day since the report sp hopefully we get an update in the next day or two.

i'm not expecting him to be back this weekend but it would be cool if he came back before the end of the month, it'd essentially time his return with monte morris' debut:

Read on Twitter
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,023

Post#12 » by zeebneeb » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:55 pm

whitehops wrote:tomorrow will be the 10th day since the report sp hopefully we get an update in the next day or two.

i'm not expecting him to be back this weekend but it would be cool if he came back before the end of the month, it'd essentially time his return with monte morris' debut:

Read on Twitter
I can understand why Morris is excited, but as a fan, I mean, who cares after this start?

Guy may play 30 some odd for the team total.

As for Cade, the sooner the better.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,903

Post#13 » by theBigLip » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:26 am

zeebneeb wrote:
whitehops wrote:tomorrow will be the 10th day since the report sp hopefully we get an update in the next day or two.

Read on Twitter
I can understand why Morris is excited, but as a fan, I mean, who cares after this start?

Guy may play 30 some odd for the team total.

As for Cade, the sooner the better.

If Morris can get on the floor this month, he could be part of a trade.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#14 » by Billl » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:12 pm

Cade has been cleared to return to basketball activities. Looks like they are going to let him get a few practices under his belt before returning to game action.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,552

Post#15 » by whitehops » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:38 pm

Billl wrote:Cade has been cleared to return to basketball activities. Looks like they are going to let him get a few practices under his belt before returning to game action.

yeah we play the bucks saturday and monday (both at home), then charlotte wednesday and the wizards next saturday. james edwards said likely 5-7 more days so my guess is he'll be out 3 more games and then come back vs. the wizards. it'd be a nice surprise if he comes back vs the hornets but it is what it is.
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#16 » by keepitrealhomes » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:57 pm

whitehops wrote:
Billl wrote:Cade has been cleared to return to basketball activities. Looks like they are going to let him get a few practices under his belt before returning to game action.

yeah we play the bucks saturday and monday (both at home), then charlotte wednesday and the wizards next saturday. james edwards said likely 5-7 more days so my guess is he'll be out 3 more games and then come back vs. the wizards. it'd be a nice surprise if he comes back vs the hornets but it is what it is.

Not exactly relevant, but I can’t stand James Edwards. He comes off so pompous and arrogant about “inside info” and tries to rally behind the notion that he tells it like it is, yet mentally implodes at anyone even suggesting the organization is in complete disarray.

But yeah, cool. Don’t rush back, cade
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,191

Post#17 » by bstein14 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:29 am

keepitrealhomes wrote:
whitehops wrote:

Not exactly relevant, but I can’t stand James Edwards. He comes off so pompous and arrogant about “inside info” and tries to rally behind the notion that he tells it like it is, yet mentally implodes at anyone even suggesting the organization is in complete disarray.

I understand not wanting to burn bridges when its your job to go in and talk with these guys and report... but he is overly kind of management/players for a team that's the worst team of all time in year four a rebuild. I think if he was someone who had been doing this for decades and was near the end of his time writing we'd get a lot more honesty/truth but he big time sugar coats everything. Feels almost like he's paid by Gores the way he operates. I actually pay for the athletic but I'll be canceling soon.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,550

Post#18 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:53 am

bstein14 wrote:
keepitrealhomes wrote:
whitehops wrote:

I understand not wanting to burn bridges when its your job to go in and talk with these guys and report... but he is overly kind of management/players for a team that's the worst team of all time in year four a rebuild. I think if he was someone who had been doing this for decades and was near the end of his time writing we'd get a lot more honesty/truth but he big time sugar coats everything. Feels almost like he's paid by Gores the way he operates. I actually pay for the athletic but I'll be canceling soon.

Exactly. With guys like that you have to read between the lines. He’s a mouthpiece for the organization. If he starts bad mouthing the org he loses his sources and loses his income.
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#19 » by keepitrealhomes » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:05 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
keepitrealhomes wrote:

Exactly. With guys like that you have to read between the lines. He’s a mouthpiece for the organization. If he starts bad mouthing the org he loses his sources and loses his income.

Oh, I get it, particularly with him and langlois, but at least Keith is what he is. He doesn’t try to play it off like he isn’t working for the organization. JE literally just tries so hard to be this edgy online persona that it comes off like he’s the kid in high school who bragged about drinking 27 beers at the last party.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,964

Post#20 » by Uncle Mxy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:48 am

Cool! Now to win the playoffs!

Return to Detroit Pistons