Zero - Monty’s still coaching, so……
75%

Total votes: 12

WoyTreaver
Sophomore
And1: 43

Three the Hard Way - Wins This Week! 

Post#1 » by WoyTreaver » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:32 pm

Home games versus Kings, Spurs and Rockets……. How many wins?
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,963

Re: Three the Hard Way - Wins This Week! 

Post#2 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:48 pm

WoyTreaver
Sophomore

Post#3 » by WoyTreaver » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:04 pm

Uncle Mxy wrote:

Brings back great memories……
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#4 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:23 pm

Voted 0 but wouldn't be shocked if Pop "rested" Wemby against the Pistons and at that point we'd have a toss up.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,737

Post#5 » by Invictus88 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:42 pm

I can't wait for us to go 1-2 and then for folks around here to start bashing Cade saying we're obviously more successful with him out of the lineup.

Or even better: We go 0-3 and then those same folks point to that as proof that Cade does nothing positive for us since the results are the same.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,406

Post#6 » by Kalamazoo317 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:40 am

No reason to think we will win again this season
Patrick27
Junior
And1: 108

Post#7 » by Patrick27 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:30 am

Invictus88 wrote:I can't wait for us to go 1-2 and then for folks around here to start bashing Cade saying we're obviously more successful with him out of the lineup.

Or even better: We go 0-3 and then those same folks point to that as proof that Cade does nothing positive for us since the results are the same.

He's the best player to ever lead his team to a 3-33 record.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,191

Post#8 » by bstein14 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:37 am

For much of the start of this season Cade wasn't playing winning basketball... low shooting % high TO poor defense high usage player doesn't help you win games. Yes, the spacing was awful but I think we all saw Cade grow as a playing during that losing streak and he really started to increase effort on defense, increase focus on playmaking, decrease the number of bad shots, etc.

The numbers show that Cade has been horribly inefficient in his career we don't need to try to prove that to anyone. And the question isn't really if Cade is a good player or not he clearly is our best chance at having an all-star and franchise player... the question is whether or not you pay him $40+ million per year for five years with a max rookie extension this summer... the way he started the season it looked like a no but the way he was playing most recently before the injury it certainly looked like a yes.
WoyTreaver
Sophomore

Post#9 » by WoyTreaver » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:33 am

bstein14 wrote:For much of the start of this season Cade wasn't playing winning basketball... low shooting % high TO poor defense high usage player doesn't help you win games. Yes, the spacing was awful but I think we all saw Cade grow as a playing during that losing streak and he really started to increase effort on defense, increase focus on playmaking, decrease the number of bad shots, etc.

The numbers show that Cade has been horribly inefficient in his career we don't need to try to prove that to anyone. And the question isn't really if Cade is a good player or not he clearly is our best chance at having an all-star and franchise player... the question is whether or not you pay him $40+ million per year for five years with a max rookie extension this summer... the way he started the season it looked like a no but the way he was playing most recently before the injury it certainly looked like a yes.

Here’s my best guess:

If Weaver is still the GM when it’s time to extend Cade, Cade will get a max extension. It’s an ego thing with Troy, much like the Bagley and Stewart contracts. Weaver will double down. In his mind, he can’t and won’t pivot.

If there’s a new GM, he will correctly trade Cade (and pretty much everyone else) to the highest bidder. It’s also an ego thing, but for different reasons. New job, new direction, etc.

My vote: Fire Weaver
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,963

Post#10 » by Uncle Mxy » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:45 am

I'm just SO glad to see that the front office is FINALLY zero-ing in and giving zero effort.

Return to Detroit Pistons