Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#2481 » by vege » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:06 pm

theBigLip wrote:
vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote: I think the latter will actually happen, and maybe he grows into a rotational big. But again, it’s not that big of a deal.

Yes it actually is a huge deal. We are losing games because of Wiseman. He is a huge net negative. The difference between an end of bench NBA player and Wiseman is insane. Muscala on/off and Wiseman on/off is like 15 points.

https://craftednba.com/player-stats

If you look at BPM (box score plus minus), of course Wiseman is negative, as are half the players in the NBA. And of course Detroit players as a whole will be more negative than others since we’ve scored fewer points than our opponents.

That all being said, Wiseman is at -3.4 and Muscala is at -4.9. So I’m not sure what stats you’re looking at, but the ones I’m looking at say your last statement is wrong.

Stats help but are not the end all of player evaluation. The same player could have significantly different +/- depending on who he plays with (starters vs bench, etc).

And going back to my original point, Wiseman is still not that big of a deal. If you’re getting 10 mpg, how much does that really impact the final outcome? Not that much.

It's kinda impossible to have any sort of serious conversation with you and a few other guys. You refuse to see what's infront of you, you refuse to see reality.

Wiseman is not even a GLeague player, he is bad, like really bad.

Muscala is an end of bench NBA vet and he is 30 points better than Wiseman, not 15.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#2482 » by Crymson » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:22 pm

theBigLip wrote:If you look at BPM (box score plus minus), of course Wiseman is negative, as are half the players in the NBA. And of course Detroit players as a whole will be more negative than others since we’ve scored fewer points than our opponents.

That all being said, Wiseman is at -3.4 and Muscala is at -4.9. So I’m not sure what stats you’re looking at, but the ones I’m looking at say your last statement is wrong.

BPM is a low-value metric which is hugely focused upon raw stats. Wiseman, as an athletic traditional big, is naturally going to gather more of those than Muscala. Muscala's actual value was substantially higher.

If you’re getting 10 mpg, how much does that really impact the final outcome? Not that much.

Given that Wiseman is a walking disaster? Quite a bit. He's agonizingly bad at NBA basketball because he's about as smart on the floor as a sack of potatoes; he's dumbfoundingly dense. Muscala was drastically more effective by simple dint of being a reasonably smart veteran who can space the floor.

Wiseman is unambiguously one of the worst players in the league and has been for his entire tenure with the Pistons.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,832

Post#2483 » by theBigLip » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:16 pm

vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
vege wrote:
Yes it actually is a huge deal. We are losing games because of Wiseman. He is a huge net negative. The difference between an end of bench NBA player and Wiseman is insane. Muscala on/off and Wiseman on/off is like 15 points.

https://craftednba.com/player-stats

If you look at BPM (box score plus minus), of course Wiseman is negative, as are half the players in the NBA. And of course Detroit players as a whole will be more negative than others since we’ve scored fewer points than our opponents.

Stats help but are not the end all of player evaluation. The same player could have significantly different +/- depending on who he plays with (starters vs bench, etc).

And going back to my original point, Wiseman is still not that big of a deal. If you’re getting 10 mpg, how much does that really impact the final outcome? Not that much.

It's kinda impossible to have any sort of serious conversation with you and a few other guys. You refuse to see what's infront of you, you refuse to see reality.

Wiseman is not even a GLeague player, he is bad, like really bad.

Muscala is an end of bench NBA vet and he is 30 points better than Wiseman, not 15.

And I would say it’s impossible to have a serious conversation with you as well. You make **** up and declare everything bad as if you are an absolute authority.

WTF do you mean when you say Muscala is 30 points better than Wiseman. Per game? Per season? Since both of these guys play 10mpg, whatever you imply has minimal impact.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#2484 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:27 pm

Snakebites wrote:Still glad Bagley’s gone.

Don’t be a sucker for empty stats.

Him and Killian Hayes. I was convinced we were just going to be seeing him for the remainder of the season with some awful looking shooting percentages. Only to suddenly play a decent 5 or so games at the of the season to convince them to resign him.

Instead there is NO real interest by any team to bring him in
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,982

Post#2485 » by Snakebites » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:47 pm

chrbal wrote:

Him and Killian Hayes. I was convinced we were just going to be seeing him for the remainder of the season with some awful looking shooting percentages. Only to suddenly play a decent 5 or so games at the of the season to convince them to resign him.

Yeah it’s very telling that nobody even wants him for the minimum.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,131

Post#2486 » by bstein14 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:52 pm

Snakebites wrote:
chrbal wrote:

I tried to google him but nothing about what he's doing now. Killian didn't even pick up a 10 day from another team.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#2487 » by edmunder_prc » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:12 pm

chrbal wrote:

Guys that our GM spent so much time developing, they are not even worthy of a roster spot in the NBA.

How was it not noticeable to the other guys the whole time? If I had a job where millions of dollars were on the line everyday and my boss kept hiring people who couldn't do their job, then propping them up, giving them millions, when everyone else could see they sucked. That's not good for morale.

Whole team is a dumpster fire, starts with the GM.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#2488 » by mattao313 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:23 pm

bstein14 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
chrbal wrote:Him and Killian Hayes. I was convinced we were just going to be seeing him for the remainder of the season with some awful looking shooting percentages. Only to suddenly play a decent 5 or so games at the of the season to convince them to resign him.

I tried to google him but nothing about what he's doing now. Killian didn't even pick up a 10 day from another team.
Killian is a bum pistons fans so use to garbage players they actually thought other teams would want him.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
bstein14
RealGM

Post#2489 » by bstein14 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:26 pm

mattao313 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

Killian is a bum pistons fans so use to garbage players they actually thought other teams would want him.

I mean I complained forever about picking up Killian's 4th year option for $7.4 million and the money we paid for Bagley on his deal I feel like most people here were sick of me beating a dead horse. Even if Weaver wanted to keep Killian he could have declined that option and then simply offer him a deal at the min but instead he gifted Killian enough money to be set for life.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#2490 » by mattao313 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:30 pm

bstein14 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

I mean I complained forever about picking up Killian's 4th year option for $7.4 million and the money we paid for Bagley on his deal I feel like most people here were sick of me beating a dead horse. Even if Weaver wanted to keep Killian he could have declined that option and then simply offer him a deal at the min but instead he gifted Killian enough money to be set for life.
Weaver isn't a good gm seems like the guys doesn't plan out anything just does **** on a whim.

Championships
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#2491 » by vege » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:39 pm

theBigLip wrote:You make **** up and declare everything bad as if you are an absolute authority.

17 wins season followed by a 9 wins season. Everything is **** bad, I am not making anything up. IT IS BAD.

As for the difference on court between Wiseman and Muscala, I don't need to explain, someone else alread did in this thread, just scroll up and read the post.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#2492 » by chrbal » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:23 am

bstein14 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
chrbal wrote:Him and Killian Hayes. I was convinced we were just going to be seeing him for the remainder of the season with some awful looking shooting percentages. Only to suddenly play a decent 5 or so games at the of the season to convince them to resign him.

There was stuff, like speculation, right after he got cut. Then nothing, I keep googling his name just to see if there’s anything at all.

It’s crazy to me, because this is the last season that he can be a two way player. Like it seems like some team would think he was worth taking a chance on. And then , nothing.

Like you’ve almost got to think he’s got some unwarranted ego issues. That or just literally no one wants him on their team
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,730

Post#2493 » by Cowology » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:28 am

chrbal wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

There was stuff, like speculation, right after he got cut. Then nothing, I keep googling his name just to see if there’s anything at all.

It’s crazy to me, because this is the last season that he can be a two way player. Like it seems like some team would think he was worth taking a chance on. And then , nothing.

Like you’ve almost got to think he’s got some unwarranted ego issues. That or just literally no one wants him on their team
He wasn't just bad, he was historically bad. Like Drummond at the FT line level of bad. Dude had some NBA caliber skills, but nothing that could offset being that much of a liability in today's game. Diallo was a much better player and where is he at?
bstein14
RealGM

Post#2494 » by bstein14 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:33 am

Cowology wrote:
chrbal wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

He wasn't just bad, he was historically bad. Like Drummond at the FT line level of bad. Dude had some NBA caliber skills, but nothing that could offset being that much of a liability in today's game. Diallo was a much better player and where is he at?

Yup Diallo is an elite athlete, still young, and actually led all guards in FG% inside 5 ft so if he can't get more than a G League deal or two way contract I can't see why anyone would want to pay for Hayes to be on their roster.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#2495 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:39 am

Cowology wrote:
chrbal wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

Teams just arent interested in wings and guards who cant shoot in the modern NBA. You can afford one player on the court at a time who isnt a shooter and thats usually a big man. When you get into the playoffs vs good teams you need spacing its a chess match and you’ll get exploited running out multiple non shooters.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 214

Post#2496 » by DET_Athletics » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:14 pm

vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote: I think the latter will actually happen, and maybe he grows into a rotational big. But again, it’s not that big of a deal.

Lately I would say we have lost more for Fourine than Wiseman, he looks washed up.

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#2497 » by theBigLip » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:50 am

DET_Athletics wrote:
vege wrote:

Lately I would say we have lost more for Fourine than Wiseman, he looks washed up.

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app

He is shooting any shot he gets. Looking for his next contract and needs to score points.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,504

Post#2498 » by Canadafan » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:04 pm

Considering Weaver tried to sign Brunson to play alongside Cade and then fell in luv with CoJo and tried with Monte Morris, I'd say we target a quality PG this summer in free agency. We all know a starting Forward is our main target but a PG could be it too.
So....what about Brogdon and Grant from Portland? Absorbed into our cap space. Portland is garbage and may have interesting clearing their horrible cap sheet.
We keep our top5 pick also and take a swing on a hopeful difference maker for the future.
Starters; Duren Grant Ausur Ivey Cade
Bench; Stew Fontecchio Grimes Sasser Brogdan
Top5 pick becomes our 11th man. Sign a vet big for mentor role(and/or keep Taj) Wiseman maybe even becomes our 15th man lol
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,504

Post#2499 » by Canadafan » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:24 pm

I remember wanting to trade for him.
13pt 41%3s
Coulda got him for nothing

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4J0iNhxBBr/?igsh=dXAwem90cDEyOTZ4
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#2500 » by theBigLip » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:34 am

Canadafan wrote:I remember wanting to trade for him.
13pt 4q%3s
Coulda got him for nothing

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4J0iNhxBBr/?igsh=dXAwem90cDEyOTZ4

Even if he had a big contract, he can certainly score. Agree that last year we could have got him for nothing

Return to Detroit Pistons