MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Re: Isiah Thomas on All The Smoke 

Post#3 » by MortSahlfan » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:52 pm

Found this interesting..
Nate Robinson, via Knuckleheads Podcast
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/ol...ry-in-practice

"I remember one time He (Isiah Thomas) practiced with us. He had sweats, whistle, tucked the whistle in his shirt, didn't even lace his shoes really and was cookin Marbury, no disrespect to Marbury cuz he's a point God too. But when I say cookin, I mean COOKIN, running the plays, getting buckets…cookin. I was like what. Shooting jumpers, runners, left-hand runners off the backboard. I was like yo that's our coach. You can still play. He said, 'I just wanted to show y'all what I would do if I were still playing. Totally blew me away."
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#4 » by Manocad » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:39 pm

Champagne and weed...niiiiiiice
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#5 » by Manocad » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:44 pm

Interesting comment from Matt about Zeke, Joe D and Vinnie being the most successful backcourt in NBA history relative to success on the court and off the court as businessmen. As a collective trio that's a good point but my guess is Jordan is worth more than all of them put together.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,504

Post#6 » by Canadafan » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:40 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Found this interesting..

"I remember one time He (Isiah Thomas) practiced with us. He had sweats, whistle, tucked the whistle in his shirt, didn't even lace his shoes really and was cookin Marbury, no disrespect to Marbury cuz he's a point God too. But when I say cookin, I mean COOKIN, running the plays, getting buckets…cookin. I was like what. Shooting jumpers, runners, left-hand runners off the backboard. I was like yo that's our coach. You can still play. He said, 'I just wanted to show y'all what I would do if I were still playing. Totally blew me away."

Bummer, your link doesn't work
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#7 » by 440BB » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:57 pm

These two interviews reminded me why those 80's Pistons teams were such a joy. Even the early ones with Kelly Tripucka, who Stephen Jackson never heard of. Isiah was a master from the day he entered the NBA.

I'm hoping Cade has some of the same juice. Time will tell.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,950

Post#8 » by Uncle Mxy » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:37 pm

Canadafan wrote:

Here's a link that works -- go 42 minutes in:

MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:46 pm

Canadafan wrote:

Just in case...
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/old-school/nate-robinson-talks-about-the-time-isiah-thomas-cooked-stephon-marbury-in-practice
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#10 » by SamFlow » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:37 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:

Just love the fact Isiah is starting to talk back against the horrible narrative that has been made about him.
BigDaddyJungle
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by MortSahlfan » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:34 pm

SamFlow wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:

Just love the fact Isiah is starting to talk back against the horrible narrative that has been made about him.

I hope it's not too late.. I see people who weren't alive to even see Isiah Thomas repeat bull narratives. Even Terry Foster said (on the 30 for 30) that Isiah organized that overblown walk-out. It was Laimbeer, but again, Isiah Thomas being a true leader, would never throw his teammate under the bus. For 30 years.

I wonder how many players would be up all night thinking up "The Jordan Rules", calling assistant coaches, teammates.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by MortSahlfan » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:31 pm

Zeke just turned 62, and Shaq comes down the hall from TNT to NBATV for a birthday surprise.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Re: Isiah Thomas 

Post#13 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:56 pm

Isiah Thomas on The Last Dance, Michael Jordan "lying," Steph Curry GOAT PG? | Draymond Green Show

Return to Detroit Pistons