ImageImageImage

Do you want the Pistons to set the all time record for most consecutive losses?

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

Do you want the Pistons to set the all time record for most consecutive losses?

No, I don't want that distinction linked to our franchise.
45%
Yes, but only because I hope it will eventually force Gores to make a change.
50%
Other = Explain in comments.
5%

Total votes: 40

Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,407

Re: Do you want the Pistons to set the all time record for most consecutive losses? 

Post#41 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:22 am

At this point the only question is how far the losing streak will go. Will it end this season?
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,191

Re: Do you want the Pistons to set the all time record for most consecutive losses? 

Post#42 » by bstein14 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:26 am

None of these guys want to go to their family Christmas on a 26 game losing streak. You know its going to be a miserable couple of days for everyone to end a miserable past two months.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,885

Post#43 » by Norm2953 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:10 am

Best wishes to the Pistons fans who have never stopped caring.

Hopefully it will soon all be over. Long time Blazers fan but I've always had a soft spot for
the Pistons
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,145

Post#44 » by The Moose » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:21 am

It's going to take a very long time for this franchise to recover perception wise.

Going to break the record for longest playoff win draught and for longest losing streak.

People in my age bracket (mid 20's and younger) only know this franchise as an embarrassment.

Weaver has spent 4 years building one of, if not the worst team of all time
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#45 » by Canadafan » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,376

Post#46 » by Spider156 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:05 pm

You guys made all those excuses up to sell tickets, you don’t think other teams sell tickets that way?

That makes it even I’d say. Why don’t you just say there’s nothing else to do in Detroit winter than to go to a cheap Pistons game on a gray day?

It doesn’t matter, gentlemen, the Pistons sell tickets because their team is young athletic and “up and coming” which they won’t be under Troy Weaver. The sooner we move on from Troy the better chance we’ll get to compete next year and sell out every season like should be.
Defense wins championships
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,376

Post#47 » by Spider156 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:08 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

We’re getting talked about more than the winner of the In Season Tournament. I still don’t believe bad press is bad, any press is good press. I think we have a baffling young roster that don’t fit because of Troy weaver and I think we should be talked about this way even after the losing streak ends.
Defense wins championships
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,407

Post#48 » by Kalamazoo317 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:28 pm

The more bad press the better - gotta embarrass Gores into making real changes.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#49 » by Canadafan » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Merry Xmas peeps
WoyTreaver
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#50 » by WoyTreaver » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:12 pm

I voted yes, simply because it validates the minority who thought Weaver was a garbage hire from the beginning. Very few on the board thought he would be such a disaster, but there were some!
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 305

Post#51 » by breezypeezy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:17 am

The real record is 28 straight losses but it doesn't get much notice because it was over 2 seasons.
So the Pistons will not be the rightful sole owners of the longest streak until theyve lost 29 straight.
I fully expect the streak to go into the 30's.
Collymore
Starter
And1: 2,781

Post#52 » by Collymore » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:58 am

i live in a european country where the media hardly even reports who wins the nba finals but today they are running big headlines about "detroit pistons is now the worst team ever" and "so terrible they broke the unbreakable record". it's probably getting coverage for the "freakshow factor", but i can't recall the last time a nba topic got this much coverage :lol:
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,550

Post#53 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:22 am

Over the past two months Alec Burks is shooting less than 30% FROM THE FIELD. He was supposed to be our offense off the bench.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#54 » by Sort » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:21 pm

I do appreciate that the Pistons may likely go down as the worst team in professional sports. If the league is happy with Gores and Gores is happy with Weaver and everyone loves Monty, then having that label seems like a great fit.

My only concern is that Weaver is obviously desperate to save face. Can we cap this off with a second Blake Griffin trade?

I am not sure what Weaver and Monty would need to do get fired at this point.
breezypeezy
Senior

Post#55 » by breezypeezy » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:45 pm

I fully expect Gore/Weaver to quadruple down on his stupidity and give away any future hope we have for a couple brick lofting lead foots to play with Stew and Killian.

Goodbye Cade, Duren, Ivey, Auser and Sasser.

And in will come round 2 of the Corey Josephs, Macgruder, and past prime Blakes and Drummonds.

Gore/Weaver can make us even worse yet, in fact theyve promised to do as much. Why stop with destroying this season, theyve got a whole decade to light on fire.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,023

Post#56 » by zeebneeb » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:52 pm

breezypeezy wrote:The real record is 28 straight losses but it doesn't get much notice because it was over 2 seasons.
So the Pistons will not be the rightful sole owners of the longest streak until theyve lost 29 straight.
The last real change they have to stop this, is against Toronto. They will be destroyed by Boston tomorrow, which will tie the NBA record, but will miss infamy if they can beat the Raptors.

If they lose, they will hold both the regular season record, AND playoff record losing streak.

What a nightmare. I mean they will hold both regardless, but it will at least be in a tie with the Sixers.(28)
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,191

Post#57 » by bstein14 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:17 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
breezypeezy wrote:The real record is 28 straight losses but it doesn't get much notice because it was over 2 seasons.
The last real change they have to stop this, is against Toronto. They will be destroyed by Boston tomorrow, which will tie the NBA record, but will miss infamy if they can beat the Raptors.

If they lose, they will hold both the regular season record, AND playoff record losing streak.

What a nightmare. I mean they will hold both regardless, but it will at least be in a tie with the Sixers.(28)

Strategically I almost feel like we should rest a few guys against Boston so we have a chance against Toronto with fresh legs and maximum energy but we're at the point where we will probably be mocked even more if we rest a couple starters.
breezypeezy
Senior

Post#58 » by breezypeezy » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:40 am

We dont even need to stipulate NBA for this streak.
Its the longest losing streak in any sport, ever.
The articles are sprouting everywhere, like weeds.
Public_Enemy101
Pro Prospect
And1: 950

Post#59 » by Public_Enemy101 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:38 pm

History in the making folks, albeit for all the wrong reasons.

I’m more invested in the Detroit Pistons’ futile season than ever before.

And my Raptors suck sh*t too. Let’s make a trade.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,345

Post#60 » by vege » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:02 pm

Public_Enemy101 wrote:History in the making folks, albeit for all the wrong reasons.

I’m more invested in the Detroit Pistons’ futile season than ever before.

And my Raptors suck sh*t too. Let’s make a trade.

Give us Masai we give you Weaver.

Return to Detroit Pistons