ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,299

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#2421 » by NYPiston » Tue Feb 6, 2024 9:23 pm

DetroitSho wrote:By all means there's plenty of actual truths to use to speak against Weaver. Why do you guys choose lies?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

Which lies would these be?
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#2422 » by DetroitSho » Tue Feb 6, 2024 9:29 pm

NYPiston wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:By all means there's plenty of actual truths to use to speak against Weaver. Why do you guys choose lies?

Which lies would these be?
The details about the draft day trade continuously being misrepresented and also examples from other teams of what Weaver should've did, while the examples used ain't even accurate. Let's just stick to what actually happened.

NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,299

Post#2423 » by NYPiston » Tue Feb 6, 2024 9:38 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
The details about the draft day trade continuously being misrepresented and also examples from other teams of what Weaver should've did, while the examples used ain't even accurate. Let's just stick to what actually happened.

I'm not sure what the other posters said but my biggest beef with the trade is that they can't trade anything earlier than a 2029 1st or until that pick conveys which severely restricts Weaver on the trade market. I'm pretty sure when he made the trade that he thought it would convey by now but it's currently a big detriment.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#2424 » by Piston Pete » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:06 pm

Weaver sux!

That is all
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#2425 » by Piston Pete » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:07 pm

There is ZERO reason to keep Bojan here beyond the deadline.

Same can go for Burks or Monte Morris
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#2426 » by BDM22 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:40 pm

I wonder how much say Monty has in the notion that we have to keep Burks and Bojan.
kpt
Senior
And1: 213

Post#2427 » by kpt » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:12 am

Piston Pete wrote:Weaver sux!

That is all

It baffles me that he still has a job
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#2428 » by Piston Pete » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:19 am

It honestly feels like the blind leading the blind here.

Gores might mean well….maybe…but comes off as oblivious.

Weaver is just plain terrible. Can’t trade. Basically allergic to free agency - keeps punting MAX cap space down a year - never actually using it to improve the team. Absolutely horrible asset management.

Monty is a mix of not playing our best players the most minutes and/or together at all, terrible rotations, asking non-shooters to shoot, and a mix of not wanting to be here or generally coaching at all.

Tellums (plural) don’t really do anything but like the paychecks…so they stick around.
kpt
Senior
And1: 213

Post#2429 » by kpt » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:25 am

Piston Pete wrote:It honestly feels like the blind leading the blind here.

Gores might mean well….maybe…but comes off as oblivious.

Weaver is just plain terrible. Can’t trade. Basically allergic to free agency - keeps punting MAX cap space down a year - never actually using it to improve the team. Absolutely horrible asset management.

Monty is a mix of not playing our best players the most minutes and/or together at all, terrible rotations, asking non-shooters to shoot, and a mix of not wanting to be here or generally coaching at all.

Tellums (plural) don’t really do anything but like the paychecks…so they stick around.

The writing is on the wall for Weaver to go then the Tellums to be interim GM and admin to run it all. Which maaaaayyy be even worse than Weaver. God I hope this is wrong yet I dont think Gores has the wherewithall to can Weaver and Tellums
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#2430 » by Piston Pete » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:39 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=FKtR2fxMNJOdyh99SM8kYg[/x]
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#2431 » by keepitrealhomes » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:43 am

BDM22 wrote:I wonder how much say Monty has in the notion that we have to keep Burks and Bojan.

Coaches typically like to keep good players
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#2432 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:29 am

keepitrealhomes wrote:
BDM22 wrote:I wonder how much say Monty has in the notion that we have to keep Burks and Bojan.

Coaches typically like to keep good players

And bad ones like Killian apparently
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#2433 » by DetroitSho » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:48 am

NYPiston wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

I'm not sure what the other posters said but my biggest beef with the trade is that they can't trade anything earlier than a 2029 1st or until that pick conveys which severely restricts Weaver on the trade market. I'm pretty sure when he made the trade that he thought it would convey by now but it's currently a big detriment.
Can't argue with you there

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,113

Post#2434 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:56 am

Piston Pete wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

Interested doesn’t mean willing to give up anything of substance.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#2435 » by Piston Pete » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:57 am

With Embiid out, I wonder if they’d also have interest in Wiseman on the cheap?
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,189

Post#2436 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:59 am

Snakebites wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah no doubt they are not willing to trade Tobias for Bojan + Burks or Bojan + Morris as I'm certain we would make that deal. They likely would give up Marcus Morris a 2 to 3 second rounders for him IMO.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,113

Post#2437 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:17 am

bstein14 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah no doubt they are not willing to trade Tobias for Bojan + Burks or Bojan + Morris as I'm certain we would make that deal. They likely would give up Marcus Morris a 2 to 3 second rounders for him IMO.

They aren’t trading Tobias. They’re still hoping they can hold it together and Embiid will return for the playoffs. They’re looking to add to that core not move pieces around laterally.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 599

Post#2438 » by LaSheed » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:45 am

Yeah my guess is Morris + fillers including 2nd rounders. Whatever happy for Bojan if it happens and cant thank him enough for being a complete professional throughout this complete dumpster fire that this franchise has become.

I hope Troy Weaver & Gores apologize to this man on his way out for wasting 2 years of some of the smartest basketball on the offensive side that I've ever watched in a Pistons uniform.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#2439 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:37 am

Trash man Troy bout to dumpster dive on another deadline

New Detroit grade: F

A year ago, the Pistons' bet on the 2020 No. 2 overall draft pick looked questionable given their depth at center, including then-rookie Jalen Duren. Now, it has proved a costly mistake. Wiseman has entirely fallen out of the rotation in Detroit in favor of journeyman Mike Muscala and seems certain to head elsewhere as a restricted free agent. The Pistons would have been better off either just keeping Saddiq Bey, who's making $7.5 million less than Wiseman this season, or pocketing the five second-round picks the Atlanta Hawks gave up for Bey as part of this four-team deal.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/39464998/2024-nba-trade-deadline-regrading-last-year-deals
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 483

Post#2440 » by DetroitDon15 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:10 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Trash man Troy bout to dumpster dive on another deadline

New Detroit grade: F

A year ago, the Pistons' bet on the 2020 No. 2 overall draft pick looked questionable given their depth at center, including then-rookie Jalen Duren. Now, it has proved a costly mistake. Wiseman has entirely fallen out of the rotation in Detroit in favor of journeyman Mike Muscala and seems certain to head elsewhere as a restricted free agent. The Pistons would have been better off either just keeping Saddiq Bey, who's making $7.5 million less than Wiseman this season, or pocketing the five second-round picks the Atlanta Hawks gave up for Bey as part of this four-team deal.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/39464998/2024-nba-trade-deadline-regrading-last-year-deals

This deal is exactly why you don’t deal a player just to trade him. You make a big mistake. Agreed the decision to take Wiseman was horrible. We had Duren, Bagley, and Stewart with no minutes for Wiseman. Additionally, we didn’t play Wiseman or develop him. He probably shoulda went to the G-League to develop as we had no mins for him.

Return to Detroit Pistons