ImageImageImage

Selling High or Selling Low?

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,373

Re: Selling High or Selling Low? 

Post#21 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:04 pm

joseph mamah wrote:After reading this thread I guess my hope of an Ivey/Duren/filler for Markkanen trade is just a pipe dream

If it helps, it was a pipe dream before you read this thread too. :P

Another thing to consider with all these young guys is if/when we're competitive we're basically going to be running 9 player rotations. Cade, Ivey, Duren, Sasser, Beefstew, Ausar, Grimes, #1 pick this year is 8 already. Are we really going to run 8 guys in that age range + Tek?

I think Minny is on to something with spacing out the age groups of their big stars. They have an older couple in Gobert and Conley, one in his prime in Kat, and a young one in Ant, and they have a lot of flexibility going forward and feed off of each other nicely. I think the "all on the same time table" thing is short sighted because you lack a diversity of experience among players who matter then.

Our problem is most of the older players we've brought in just haven't been very good and we haven't had someone who was a star in their prime since Blake (and that was about 2 years before he broke down).
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,831

Post#22 » by Skybox » Mon May 13, 2024 5:23 pm

Ivey to ORL for Anthony Black...long, intense, backcourt defender. Can handle and distribute some but certainly defers to Cade. Nice balance for Cade. He didn't see much action, but did hit for 39% on 3's - admittedly, low volume and selective, but that's not a bad thing for a rookie, imo.

If you draft Clingan to be your Center...Black, Jett Howard and ORL 25 frp for Ivey and Duren.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,373

Post#23 » by Kalamazoo317 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:22 pm

Is the 25 frp unprotected? Orlando's a Paulo injury away from being a lottery team, so any more shots at a top pick in 25 would be juicy. Not seeing why Orlando would want Duren, though?

Black for Ivey is ... fine? Not sure either is really the ideal fit around Cade longterm. I do like Black's size. Seems like more of a bench guy, but not sure that's not Ivey as well.

Return to Detroit Pistons