ImageImageImage

Michael Porter Jr possibly available for trade if Nuggets get swept...

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,261

Re: Michael Porter Jr possibly available for trade if Nuggets get swept... 

Post#21 » by BDM22 » Thu May 9, 2024 2:44 pm

bstein14 wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
To make it more feasible, we'd simply trade the #1 pick plus Ivey($8 mil)

MPJ $36
Bridges $23
Stew $15
Cade $14
Thompson $8
Duren $5
Grimes $4
Sasser $3
Font Hold $6
Wiseman $3
Umude $2
Monk $20
Total 12 guys $140 million we still have the room exception to get one more player for $9 million a year for two years as well.

I think if we offer Monk $20M per year, he'll just go back to Sac who can offer $78/4, which is basically that. I also imagine we'll be bidding against teams like Orlando and maybe Philly, which are all far more attractive options. That's why I think $25M per year for 4 years is the floor of what he'd start considering from us. It's gonna have to be a bad contract for us to get him.

That's why I'm leaning against Monk. He's a very bad defender and this past year he shot the same as what Ivey did from three after Ivey became a starter (35%), just without the upside. I get the rationale if we're trading Ivey (don't see him as a notable upgrade), but I still think it's gonna be tough to pair Cade with another terrible defender, especially one that you can't just hope gets better with time as Monk is what he is.

$20 $21 $22 $23 Four years $86 million for Monk and we could also give him the fourth year player option. That said, we could increase what we could offer to Monk slightly as well it wouldn't be hard to get to $22 or $23 million starting and get him close to $95 million range over four years. I like him at about $21 to $22 million per but $25 million per feels a bit more risky.

And it's all probably moot because I think Orlando might even beat the $25M per if they had to. He basically fits what they need exactly to get to the next level, and they even have the defense surrounding him to make it make sense on that end too. If I were a betting man I'd say he goes there #1. #2 he'd stay in Sac. Long shot #3 is Detroit for a crazy contract, that Monty Williams special :lol:
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,140

Re: Michael Porter Jr possibly available for trade if Nuggets get swept... 

Post#22 » by bstein14 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:35 am

Apparently it was one of Minnys team strategies to “ force MPJ to be a decision maker” and overall he had a pretty disappointing series. I think there is a pretty strong chance that he is one the move because KCP is likely to get paid this summer.

Return to Detroit Pistons