TPA
Senior
And1: 488

Re: Cade to be Re-Evaluated in 7-10 days 

Post#21 » by TPA » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:48 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
keepitrealhomes wrote:
Not exactly relevant, but I can’t stand James Edwards. He comes off so pompous and arrogant about “inside info” and tries to rally behind the notion that he tells it like it is, yet mentally implodes at anyone even suggesting the organization is in complete disarray.

But yeah, cool. Don’t rush back, cade

I understand not wanting to burn bridges when its your job to go in and talk with these guys and report... but he is overly kind of management/players for a team that's the worst team of all time in year four a rebuild. I think if he was someone who had been doing this for decades and was near the end of his time writing we'd get a lot more honesty/truth but he big time sugar coats everything. Feels almost like he's paid by Gores the way he operates. I actually pay for the athletic but I'll be canceling soon.

Exactly. With guys like that you have to read between the lines. He’s a mouthpiece for the organization. If he starts bad mouthing the org he loses his sources and loses his income.

I've had similar feelings about his writing style. He has toed the line of team reporting while not being overly critical of the obvious faults within the organization. To be fair though, I've thought a couple of his more recent articles have pushed closer to exposing some faults, and putting the blame where it lies, particularly in his most recent "The Pistons are unleashing Jaden Ivey … finally" article and his Jan. 5th Mailbag piece. Before those, he was getting torched in some Twitter posts and within the comment sections of his articles. Maybe he's taken some of that feedback and done something with it. Maybe Gores has ASKED JE3 to be more critical in his pieces to put pressure on the FO? I guess we'll continue to monitor the reporting either way, and hopefully, he keeps some pressure and accountability where it belongs in his write-ups.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,407

Post#22 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:56 pm

I enjoyed his podcast back when it was still happening. He was paired with a bit more of a fan, so there was a bit more balance there.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,550

Post#23 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:35 am

There’s a 95% chance he’s a user here. Take the feedback JE3!
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,407

Post#24 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:47 pm

I get the impression he mostly sticks to Twitter.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,552

Post#25 » by whitehops » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:24 pm

TPA wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
I understand not wanting to burn bridges when its your job to go in and talk with these guys and report... but he is overly kind of management/players for a team that's the worst team of all time in year four a rebuild. I think if he was someone who had been doing this for decades and was near the end of his time writing we'd get a lot more honesty/truth but he big time sugar coats everything. Feels almost like he's paid by Gores the way he operates. I actually pay for the athletic but I'll be canceling soon.

Exactly. With guys like that you have to read between the lines. He’s a mouthpiece for the organization. If he starts bad mouthing the org he loses his sources and loses his income.

I've had similar feelings about his writing style. He has toed the line of team reporting while not being overly critical of the obvious faults within the organization. To be fair though, I've thought a couple of his more recent articles have pushed closer to exposing some faults, and putting the blame where it lies, particularly in his most recent "The Pistons are unleashing Jaden Ivey … finally" article and his Jan. 5th Mailbag piece. Before those, he was getting torched in some Twitter posts and within the comment sections of his articles. Maybe he's taken some of that feedback and done something with it. Maybe Gores has ASKED JE3 to be more critical in his pieces to put pressure on the FO? I guess we'll continue to monitor the reporting either way, and hopefully, he keeps some pressure and accountability where it belongs in his write-ups.

i'm also like 99% sure he's one of shams' sources. they both work for the athletic and when shams tweets out pistons news JE3 tweets it like at the same exact time (saying shams reported first). JE3 has been more critical in his tweets/articles this season but yeah it's important for him not to burn any bridges. tough line to walk.

i do appreciate that he can express some negativity about the team as long as he's diplomatic about it. keith langlois is employed by the team to talk nothing but sunshine and rainbows so i don't even follow his stuff.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#26 » by Piston Pete » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:53 pm

James Edward Tellum??
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#27 » by Kilo » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:20 pm

JEIII relies on access. Teams don't need the independent media, they have Twitter, socials, and websites to get their PR out. Beatwriters had certain power of the pen in the past and teams.needed them for coverage as much as they needed teams to fill stories.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:

Return to Detroit Pistons