ImageImageImage

Game 33: Pistons @ Rockets 8PM EST

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

smann7
Sophomore
And1: 157

Re: Game 33: Pistons @ Rockets 8PM EST 

Post#21 » by smann7 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:43 am

Yikes, I know someone here called a Cade stinker tonight. Glad CFB is on. Go Blue!
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,279

Post#22 » by Neptune » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:44 am

Cade out here 2-15! Must have had a great time at the after hour party for New Years in Houston!
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,804

Post#23 » by DBC10 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:52 am

Welp, didn't expect much but not a great way to start after eeking out a win the other night
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 584

Post#24 » by guldakot » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:53 am

If nothing else this should keep the pressure on the front office to make some changes. Sure we broke the streak but we are still 3 and 29
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,963

Post#25 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:01 am

No imminent trade for Bagley, apparently.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#26 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:08 am

The difference when Duren isn't on the floor is astounding. He's +0 and we're losing by 30
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,190

Post#27 » by bstein14 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:08 am

Well, at least Michigan won. I only caught the 2nd half of this one and we were awful all around. We played even for the half of the game that Duren played and we got blown out for the half of the game that Wiseman/Bagley played at Center. Amen looking like the better Thompson Twin tonight.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#28 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:19 am

Killian Hayes plays over Marcus Sasser. Let that sink in.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,462

Post#29 » by Mr Peanut » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:21 am

Cade was due for a come down to earth game. He looked tired and plenty of his shots were falling short. Was hard to watch though when his fellow draft classmates Sengun and Jalen Green were hitting everything.

Nice to see Ivey continue to play well and putting more effort on defense.

Duren with a +/- of 0 in 22 minutes of play and Wiseman -24 in 16 minutes kind of says it all. Killian was also off once again.

Until Monte Morris returns, Hayes should be glued to the bench and Sasser should be the bench PG. And Bagley needs to be the preferred bench C over Wiseman.
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#30 » by Mr Peanut » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:24 am

Also another DNP for Joe Harris. We are almost halfway through the season. He has hit 7 three pointers so far.

20 million dollars.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#31 » by bstein14 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:30 am

BDM22 wrote:Killian Hayes plays over Marcus Sasser. Let that sink in.

And Killian Hayes is a FA that we shouldn't be resigning where Sasser is on a cheap rookie deal for three more years with us. Makes zero sense at all especially if we're playing non scorers at the same time in Ausar and Wiseman. Mind boggling to me.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#32 » by bstein14 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:31 am

Mr Peanut wrote:Also another DNP for Joe Harris. We are almost halfway through the season. He has hit 7 three pointers so far.

20 million dollars.

But we got two nice 2nd rounders.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,064

Post#33 » by vic » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:50 am

Looking at the Rockets roster has destroyed my patience for Troy Weaver.

How can you draft Ausar Thompson at 5 when CAM WHITMORE was right there with everything you needed. 3 level scoring, defense, aggressiveness. We all love Ausar but as a GM you are supposed to make winning decisions, not emotional ones. Ausar has too many holes in his game.

Pistons got punked and its showing up on the floor every night. Monty Williams has altered his coaching rotations and it got them a win. Now I need to know that Troys drafting philosophy has changed, or hes got to go. And hes got to get rid of Killian, Bagley, and whoever is needed to get some strong, smart, competitive players that can shoot on the team.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#34 » by vege » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:36 am

bstein14 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:Also another DNP for Joe Harris. We are almost halfway through the season. He has hit 7 three pointers so far.

20 million dollars.

But we got two nice 2nd rounders.

And if we are luck we can turn those nice 2nd rounders into fantastic players like James Wiseman, or Marvin Bagley or Hamidou Diallo or 10 games of Monte Morris.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 599

Post#35 » by LaSheed » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:59 am

BDM22 wrote:Killian Hayes plays over Marcus Sasser. Let that sink in.

I'm 110% done with the Killian experiment but watching Sasser play backup PG doesn't help his development. He's a scoring guard that struggles mightily running an offense. It was really bad the stretch Killian is out.

Wtf is going on with Morris?
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#36 » by Mr Peanut » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:52 am

vic wrote:Looking at the Rockets roster has destroyed my patience for Troy Weaver.

How can you draft Ausar Thompson at 5 when CAM WHITMORE was right there with everything you needed. 3 level scoring, defense, aggressiveness. We all love Ausar but as a GM you are supposed to make winning decisions, not emotional ones. Ausar has too many holes in his game.

Ausar has cooled off a bit recently (likely at least in part due to his reduced role), but if we're thinking about guys that we should've drafted over him then Whitmore ain't it. He only played garbage minutes today so it's hard to read into his performance too much, but otherwise he hasn't shown that much this season.

Ausar has shown he has the tools and potential to be an elite rebounder and defender for his position. He's a good cutter on offense. The shot is currently broken but he seems like a hard worker and I think he makes progress in that area to become at least passable.
WoyTreaver
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#37 » by WoyTreaver » Tue Jan 2, 2024 7:06 am

35, 31, 15 and zero.

Those are the three point shooting percentages of our “Core Four”

League average is 37.

How many years until anyone is even average?

This falls on Weaver
vic
Veteran

Post#38 » by vic » Tue Jan 2, 2024 9:54 am

Mr Peanut wrote:
vic wrote:Looking at the Rockets roster has destroyed my patience for Troy Weaver.

Ausar has cooled off a bit recently (likely at least in part due to his reduced role), but if we're thinking about guys that we should've drafted over him then Whitmore ain't it. He only played garbage minutes today so it's hard to read into his performance too much, but otherwise he hasn't shown that much this season.

Ausar has shown he has the tools and potential to be an elite rebounder and defender for his position. He's a good cutter on offense. The shot is currently broken but he seems like a hard worker and I think he makes progress in that area to become at least passable.

Cam Whitmore was summer league MVP. He shows more in garbage minutes than any of our wings show in starters minutes because the Rockets draft quality wings while the Pistons had to bring back Kevin Knox from the YMCA just to win ONE GAME! Whitmore is buried behind much, much better players.

On our team he would be in contention for Rookie of the year because he would fill a huge gaping hole in our roster!

Because Troy puts millions of dollars into centers that can't play defense or shoot 3s in a league where wings that are 2-way players and 3 level scorers literally CAUSE YOUR TEAM TO WIN! Everybody knows this but Troy Weaver obviously.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
MortSahlfan
Sixth Man
And1: 498

Post#39 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:47 am

What a yawn of a game. Even Kelser mentioned how the 3rd quarter was sooo long. Of course Johnny Kane replies with [sic] **** like "A long swog". 'Swog' isn't a word, Communications Major. But he said something just as dumb in the 1st half. "The Pistons can't stand prosperity".

If we're going to lose, might as well listen to George Blaha, who will be back on Wednesday. Monte Morris had a chance to play for his home team. I thought it was a great move, because he fills gaps, and is a much better player than Killian Hayes. He's supposed to be re-evaluated "soon", but I have a feeling I'll never see him play. Looks like he's gained a lot of weight, too.
vic
Veteran

Post#40 » by vic » Tue Jan 2, 2024 2:24 pm

vic wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:

Cam Whitmore was summer league MVP. He shows more in garbage minutes than any of our wings show in starters minutes because the Rockets draft quality wings while the Pistons had to bring back Kevin Knox from the YMCA just to win ONE GAME! Whitmore is buried behind much, much better players.

On our team he would be in contention for Rookie of the year because he would fill a huge gaping hole in our roster!

Because Troy puts millions of dollars into centers that can't play defense or shoot 3s in a league where wings that are 2-way players and 3 level scorers literally CAUSE YOUR TEAM TO WIN! Everybody knows this but Troy Weaver obviously.

Wow.... I just realized that Troy Weaver has done the opposite of every word in my signature. Non-shooting bigs, no 2-way wings, and guards that either cannot shoot or can't defend. Our 2 best creators Cade & Ivey also have horrible Assist/To ratios.

I'm saving up for my ticket on the Fire Troy train but we will see what he does this trade deadline and draft to see if he can redeem himself. Looking at the wealth of 2-way wings on the rockets really pissed me off.

Our only win in 3 months came ONLY because the Raptors literally lost their 2-way wing the same day... and the Pistons had to dust off Knox from out the YMCA to help get the win. If Troy doesn't change his entire philosophy of basketball the Pistons are through.

Return to Detroit Pistons