Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 60

Re: NBA Playoffs 

Post#161 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Fri May 10, 2024 3:48 am

theBigLip wrote:
JennetteMcCurdy wrote:
theBigLip wrote:I still think it’s ridiculous to think we should blow it up and wade through all the crap we just did the last 4 years. We are certainly in need of some more talent but we got some pieces, most on very inexpensive rookie deals. Cade is an AllStar maybe even next year. Ausar is an amazing defender. Fontecchio isn’t spectacular but solid. Same w Stewart. Maybe the latter two are rotation players but teams need that too.

Someday, these awesome players could lead us to thirty wins!

(Seriously, blow it up. We are the worst.) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Washington is worse than us. Regardless, I’m clearly in the “ Let’s see what we can add w $70M” camp.

That will be our slogan next year….

Pistons ‘25 - We’re better than Washington!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,022

Post#162 » by Snakebites » Fri May 10, 2024 4:19 am

I really do hope we’re able to leverage that cap space into something viable.

I feel like there’s a decently long history of us not doing that though.

In 2001 we used it to get Jon Barry and Clifford Robinson. That was solid- neither of those guys were there when we won it all but they were solid transitional pieces. The helped us get from 32 to 50 wins.

We’re starting at a lower starting point then that team was though.
SuperBad
Junior
And1: 104

Post#163 » by SuperBad » Fri May 10, 2024 4:22 am

I don’t want to blow it up, I can give it one more year before that, but if they want to trade everyone but Cade, Duran, and Thompson then go for it. But I think we just need to swing big for one all star level player, trade or free agency. Then fill the the rest of the cap space with Fontechio, Kyle Anderson, Lonnie Walker. Add those three the big fish, and a draft pick, I think we will make a significant jump, maybe the play in
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,984

Post#164 » by zeebneeb » Fri May 10, 2024 4:29 am

While watching the games tonight I realized something.

I can remember thinking "cannot wait until the Pistons are back in the playoffs, and see what Grant Hill can do."

This hasn't even occurred to me with this current team.

Its almost as if they play in a different league. They are so bad, I have separated the product on the floor. It blew my mind.
LondonWolf91
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#165 » by LondonWolf91 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:32 am

jars wrote:
Kalamazoo317 wrote:We shouldn't try to sign Kyle Anderson

Fixed :lol:

But in all seriousness, he is too much of a sieve on defense and is mostly effective when initiating offense which is fine as a guy off the bench on a playoff team, less nice as a starter for a bottom of the league team.

Twelves fan here who also follows the Pistons with a keen eye.

Your observation of Kyle Anderson is incorrect. He is an incredibly good defender and a playmaker. He just can’t shoot and is sometimes a liability on offense if paired with Gobert.

Excellent player if he has 4 shooters around him.

He would be a good get for Detroit but as a Wolves fan, I would rather keep him.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#166 » by mattao313 » Fri May 10, 2024 10:57 am

Lol I've totally given up on this team usually I get a little hyped for the draft but damn not this year. They seem so far away from being even average its sad. It's crazy we tried to build through the draft and have little to show from it SMH. We are literally just banking on luck at this point the front office and owner are god awful.

By far the worst franchise in basketball right now lmao.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
JennetteMcCurdy
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#167 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Fri May 10, 2024 12:38 pm

LondonWolf91 wrote:
Your observation of Kyle Anderson is incorrect. He is an incredibly good defender and a playmaker. He just can’t shoot and is sometimes a liability on offense if paired with Gobert.

How about if he has one? :P

Anderson shot 11-48 from three this season. That’s pretty much the definition of someone we shouldn’t pursue in free agency……
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,373

Post#168 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:00 pm

LondonWolf91 wrote:
jars wrote:

But in all seriousness, he is too much of a sieve on defense and is mostly effective when initiating offense which is fine as a guy off the bench on a playoff team, less nice as a starter for a bottom of the league team.

He would be a good get for Detroit but as a Wolves fan, I would rather keep him.

Yeah, I figured that y'all are going to have to lose out on someone due to the overall roster expense and that if we could get a good role player as a result, all the better. Any ideas of "they'll trade KAT for second apron relief after being blown out by Denver" is gone at this point. Your Wolves look like the favorite to win it all, imo.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#169 » by flow » Fri May 10, 2024 2:53 pm

LondonWolf91 wrote:
jars wrote:

We have a severe lack of shooting. That's the problem.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,968

Post#170 » by MotownMadness » Fri May 10, 2024 11:56 pm

Hali is so aggressive out there
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,437

Post#171 » by Mr Peanut » Sat May 11, 2024 1:17 am

MotownMadness wrote:Hali is so aggressive out there

He's good but he's no Killian Hayes.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#172 » by Snakebites » Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 am

Denver bounces back with a blowout win in Minnesota.

They’re still at a disadvantage in the series- still need to win another in Minny to stand any chance. But it’s the response you’d need to see after they got crushed in game 2.

Ending to Indy/NY was pretty epic.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,745

Post#173 » by Cowology » Mon May 13, 2024 6:15 am

Jokic casually drops 35 pts (15-26) on the 4x DPOY and that super elite team D we were praising after the first couple of games. All tied up.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#174 » by Snakebites » Mon May 13, 2024 6:21 am

Cowology wrote:Jokic casually drops 35 pts (15-26) on the 4x DPOY and that super elite team D we were praising after the first couple of games. All tied up.

We collectively overreact to things like that all the time.

The Nuggets have shown incredible resilience throughout the last couple of seasons but people were still talking about them like a eulogy.

I was guilty of it too.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#175 » by Cowology » Mon May 13, 2024 8:27 am

Snakebites wrote:
Cowology wrote:Jokic casually drops 35 pts (15-26) on the 4x DPOY and that super elite team D we were praising after the first couple of games. All tied up.

We collectively overreact to things like that all the time.

The Nuggets have shown incredible resilience throughout the last couple of seasons but people were still talking about them like a eulogy.

I was guilty of it too.
In fairness, they looked thoroughly disheveled in dropping their first 2 games at home. It would have felt different if they were heading home for games 3 & 4, but they got their asses handed to them in their own building. Twice.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,373

Post#176 » by Kalamazoo317 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:04 pm

And they looked so hopeless in that game 2. Glad they came back to make it a series, though.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 496

Post#177 » by MortSahlfan » Mon May 13, 2024 10:53 pm

Draymond Green for the next two TNT games with the crew? 5 guys is way too much, and Inside the NBA is fine as it is.... And almost always better than the game itself.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,968

Post#178 » by MotownMadness » Tue May 14, 2024 4:13 am

Missed FTs have killed Dallas late
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 496

Post#179 » by MortSahlfan » Tue May 14, 2024 11:37 am

Free throws cost them the game.
So many injured guys..
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#180 » by Cowology » Wed May 15, 2024 5:02 am

Jokic is not from this planet.

The game isn't even over yet and again he's just taking it right to the 4x DPOY like he's not even there. 40 pts, 13 assists, 7 rebounds and he's a ridiculous 15-21. He just drained a cold blooded 3 with time expiring and Gobert challenging the shot and he made it look easy.

Return to Detroit Pistons