ImageImageImage

Webber back in two weeks?

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

jab
Starter
And1: 3
Location: Detroit: Where only the strong survive cause the weak are eaten alive!

Post#121 » by jab » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am

CWebb just confirmed that he will sign tomorrow with the Warriors.
rly723
Junior
And1: 0

Post#122 » by rly723 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am

Chris Webber told ESPN.com on Monday night that he will arrive in Oakland on Tuesday to formally re-join the Golden State Warriors.

Chris Webber

Webber

"I'll be there tomorrow," Webber said via e-mail. "It's a done deal."

A five-time All-Star, Webber began his career in Golden State, winning Rookie of the Year in 1993-94. He had a falling out with Don Nelson, however, and was shipped to the then Washington Bullets after only one season.

In a 14-year career, the Michigan product has averaged 20.9 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists.

Nelson lasted for only one more year in Golden State after Webber left, coaching the New York Knicks for one season and the Dallas Mavericks for eight more before returning to the Warriors last season.

He has said that he will do whatever it takes to mend the fences with Webber for the good of the team.

Senior writer Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.
nasty daddy
RealGM
And1: 6

Post#123 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:08 am

jab wrote:CWebb just confirmed that he will sign tomorrow with the Warriors.
I just saw that, watching the college game on ESPN.
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#124 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:58 am

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 28060/1051

Chris Webber appears to be ready to return to a former team of his, but he's not going to be coming back to the Pistons.

Webber will reunite with coach Don Nelson and the Golden State Warriors as early as tomorrow, according to ESPN.com.

Webber started his NBA career in Golden State and won the rookie of the year award in 1994, but was traded to Washington shortly there after. Webber played half of last season with the Pistons, who were eliminated from the playoffs by the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference finals.

srt4b
Head Coach
And1: 93

Post#125 » by srt4b » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE WEBBER THREADS DIE FOREVER!@@@@@@@@!@!!!!!!!!!!!
Scrub Sura
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#126 » by Scrub Sura » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:07 am

Thank

God

Now, bizzaro world has ended and everyone can resume booing him.
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#127 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 am

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 1/SPORTS03

Looks like Detroit native Chris Webber is returning to the NBA.ESPN.com reported that Webber, who spent the second half of last season with the Pistons, will be in Oakland today to rejoin the Golden State Warriors, where he won rookie-of-the-year honors in 1993-94, his only year there. "I'll be there tomorrow," Webber said in an e-mail to the Web site. "It's a done deal."

The deal would reunite Webber with former coach Don Nelson, with whom he clashed as a rookie before demanding a trade.Webber might be with Golden State by Friday night when the club returns home to face Charlotte. Nelson apparently masterminded the Warriors' decision to re-sign Webber, who hasn't played in the NBA this season, as a backup big man and offensive playmaker. Some Pistons thought Golden State could be a good fit for the former Birmingham Detroit Country Day and University of Michigan star.

Coach Flip Saunders said it would be a "little strange" but added that "He gives them another guy they can put on the floor."Forward Tayshaun Prince said he'd be interested to see how Webber would fit in with the Warriors. "But with his passing ability and what he can do on the offensive end, he will be able to help that team," Prince said. "A lot of those guys were playing a lot of minutes."

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#128 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:54 am

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=37845

Former Sacramento King Chris Webber confirms he's headed for a mid-season signing with the Golden State Warriors. In a statement released to News10, Webber says, "It is with great pride and humility that I announce my return to the Golden State Warriors
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#129 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 am

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/war ... y_id=23790

The very-belated update: Well, would've gotten this up sooner had I not been stuck on a flight to Houston. But here's the Webber timeline as best I can gather: He's already signed. Official team annoucement is Tuesday. He'll be in Oakland working out Tue/Wed while the Warriors play the Rockets and Hornets. The team usually doesn't practice after back-to-backs, and with a five-day break (aka MAJOR practice time) looming after Friday's home game against Charlotte, it doesn't look like Webber's first game back will be until next Thursday. And that would be a doozy -- at home against Chicago on TNT.

Who says C.J. Watson doesn't have veteran savvy? Now that he's offically signed for the rest of the season, what happens if/when Chris Webber finally comes on board and wants to have old no. 4 jersey?

"If he wants it back," Watson said this afternoon, "I'm taking all wagers."

Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,963

Post#130 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:44 pm

Will Arnie Kander's reconstructive bionic surgery done with menthol leaves and tofu shrubbery work?
Will he regain his potency and be reclaimed by Tyra Banks?
Are the rumors true that he was paid to play ball in kindergarten?
These and other questions are NOT OUR PROBLEM!
An end to the "Will Chris Webber sign with us era" is at hand!
YAY!
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#131 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:07 pm

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... on_waived/

The Golden State Warriors have signed free agent forward/center Chris Webber to a contract, Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.

To make room on the roster for Webber
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#132 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:08 pm

#1stunna
Junior
And1: 1

Post#133 » by #1stunna » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:29 pm

A little disappointed about this. Barring injury to sheed/dice/maxiell it's really no big loss.

Theres still a lot of time before the deadline. Maybe dumars pulls another rabbit out of the hat
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#134 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:38 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... DUNPVK.DTL

Golden State will make its official announcement today, after Webber cemented the unlikeliest of reunions by signing as a free agent Monday. He is set to begin working out with trainer Mark Grabow today in Oakland and will remain there while his new teammates complete their back-to-back set in Houston and New Orleans.

Webber, 34, chose to sign with the Warriors over the Lakers and other suitors, though he kept Golden State guessing until Monday. He will receive the prorated veteran's minimum of $1.2 million, which amounts to a little less than $600,000 for the rest of the season. The Warriors will waive injured guard Troy Hudson to make room for Webber on the roster.

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,113

Post#135 » by Snakebites » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Im torn on how the Webber signing will effect the Warriors.

If they try to hard to put him into the offense, he could hurt the team.

If they dont push it, theyll stay the same.

Im fairly sure it wont help them, and it certainly doesnt effect us.
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#136 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:02 pm

http://www.mlive.com/sportsflash/index. ... ichigannba

Chris Webber has returned to the Golden State Warriors and coach Don Nelson, more than 13 years after a battle between the two men led Webber to force a trade. Warriors executive vice president Chris Mullin said Tuesday that the free agent forward had signed a contact, but did not release details of the deal.

Nelson apparently masterminded the Warriors' decision to re-sign Webber, who hasn't played in the NBA this season, as a backup big man and offensive playmaker. Webber last appeared in the 2007 playoffs with Detroit. "We're glad that Chris has elected to sign with our club and feel fortunate to add a player with his ability," Mullin said. "We think he will be a nice addition to our team and provide additional depth to our front court and an added veteran presence on the floor."

"It is with great pride and humility that I announce my return to the Golden State Warriors, the place where it all started," Webber said in a statement released by the Warriors. "In playing for Nellie before, I know how much fun his style of ball can be."

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#137 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:07 pm

I see the signing of Webber will be about as good for the first few weeks as he was when he signed here in Detroit. But i can not see him fitting into their up and down style of play, which will take its toll on his body.
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#138 » by nasty daddy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:12 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3221238

Golden State coach Don Nelson had no reservations about reacquiring Chris Webber 13 years after the two clashed and Webber asked for a trade. The free-agent forward signed a contract Tuesday, returning to the team that drafted him in 1993. Warriors executive vice president Chris Mullin did not release details of the deal.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein, who first reported the deal, says that Webber has signed for a pro-rated share of the league's $1.2 million veteran minimum, which computes to just less than $570,000 if he stays with Golden State to the end of the regular season.

Nelson said Webber was working out with strength and conditioning coach John Murray in Oakland on Tuesday. Webber hasn't played in a game since Detroit lost to Cleveland in last season's Eastern Conference finals. Nelson was hoping Webber would be ready for Golden State's Feb. 7 game against Chicago. The Warriors play Charlotte on Feb. 1, then have six days off before that game, giving Webber time to work on his conditioning.

Return to Detroit Pistons