Tomorrow...

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

TPA
Senior
And1: 488

Tomorrow... 

Post#1 » by TPA » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:28 am

Read on Twitter

Tomorrow, the Pistons could have its full complement of players available for the first time this season. Coupled with the recent acquisitions of Muscala and Gallinari, there will be another lineup evolution with the additions of both Cade and Monte joining the fold. Troy Weaver and the FO will have roughly two weeks until the Trade Deadline to see what the long-anticipated experiment would have looked like if only everything had gone according to plan.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,191

Re: Tomorrow... 

Post#2 » by bstein14 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:33 am

I wouldn't be surprised, if we stay healthy, if we roll off a streak of games where we win 4 of our next 10... We've got Charlotte (at home minus Rozier) and Washington (at home with Bagley) up next those could/should both be wins realistically.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,023

Post#3 » by zeebneeb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:35 am

bstein14 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised, if we stay healthy, if we roll off a streak of games where we win 4 of our next 10... We've got Charlotte (at home minus Rozier) and Washington (at home with Bagley) up next those could/should both be wins realistically.
And people call me the hopeless optimist.

Really? Double a win total getting back Cade, and a backup PG made of glass?
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 483

Post#4 » by DetroitDon15 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:39 am

zeebneeb wrote:
bstein14 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised, if we stay healthy, if we roll off a streak of games where we win 4 of our next 10... We've got Charlotte (at home minus Rozier) and Washington (at home with Bagley) up next those could/should both be wins realistically.
And people call me the hopeless optimist.

Really? Double a win total getting back Cade, and a backup PG made of glass?

Stein just going crazy. This roster is terribly built. Gallo helps but lacks upper level talent to compete.
TPA
Senior
And1: 488

Post#5 » by TPA » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:52 am

I'm with you. This team is (theoretically) much better positioned to compete with the players now available, coupled with the momentum they've played with in recent games. Bagley and (especially) Livers were addition by subtraction. If we can further reduce Wiseman and Hayes minutes, we are finally fielding a legit (albeit Junior) NBA team.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,117

Post#6 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:04 am

It’s hard to really say what Morris’s impact will be- guy has never suited up for us and just missed half a season.

Already kind of waiting for this season to end tbh. I’m hoping we see progress before the season is out though.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,462

Post#7 » by Mr Peanut » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:21 am

If everyone is healthy, the rotation should be:

Duren/Muscala
Stewart/Knox
Bogey/Ausar
Cade/Burks
Ivey/Morris (Sasser to get some spot minutes)

No Hayes and Wiseman will go a long way to helping us win more games.
Patrick27
Junior
And1: 108

Post#8 » by Patrick27 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:51 pm

A bit strange, but we will have 3 of last year's Washington Wizards suiting up for us tonight. Like, who would think 'yeah we suck, but let's get a bunch of players from the Wizards to help'.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#9 » by Billl » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:51 pm

Morris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killian

You saw how much better the big rotation looked with even a mediocre vet backup. Morris is a high end backup/low end starter and is a legit 2 way player. Will he be rusty? Probably. He's going to be a massive step up though. Killian was -10 in 16 minutes in a 9 point game against the bucks. He was -19 in 18 minutes in the prior game which we lost by 6.

We're not going to be a good team obviously, but there is a huge difference when you put actual NBA rotation players out there vs "developmental" guys. I can't even count the number of times we brought in guys like killian , wiseman and bagley and you just know the opposition is going to go on a 10-0 run to turn the game around.

Return to Detroit Pistons