Game 38: Pistons vs Spurs 7PM EST

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Re: Game 38: Pistons vs Spurs 7PM EST 

Post#81 » by BDM22 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:33 am

MrBigShot wrote:
Snakebites wrote:This is one I sorta followed without actually watching. And even that was too much.

This team bums me out. They don’t look like they’ll win another game this season.

We’re entering “players traded to us will threaten to retire” territory.

I hope coaches are noting that replacing Cade with Killian didn’t improve our defense. Kid isn’t worth playing!

I can't think of very many guys in NBA history that have received as many undeserved minutes as kilian hayes. He has gone from atrocious non-nba caliber player to possible 13th-15th man on the bench at best, and gotten consistent mins the entire time.

Somehow every bit of "luck" has been on his side in terms of turning his NBA career around and he has still thrown all of it away. Last year it looked like with Ivey coming to town, Killian's minutes would plummet, and then Cade got hurt for 70 games and opened tons of minutes. This year Morris and Sasser come here and Monte Morris goes out for the entire year and Monty decides he hates Jaden Ivey and doesn't know how to use Sasser, so Killian gets more minutes on a silver platter.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,191

Post#82 » by bstein14 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:00 am

BDM22 wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:
Snakebites wrote:This is one I sorta followed without actually watching. And even that was too much.

This team bums me out. They don’t look like they’ll win another game this season.

We’re entering “players traded to us will threaten to retire” territory.

I hope coaches are noting that replacing Cade with Killian didn’t improve our defense. Kid isn’t worth playing!

I can't think of very many guys in NBA history that have received as many undeserved minutes as kilian hayes. He has gone from atrocious non-nba caliber player to possible 13th-15th man on the bench at best, and gotten consistent mins the entire time.

Somehow every bit of "luck" has been on his side in terms of turning his NBA career around and he has still thrown all of it away. Last year it looked like with Ivey coming to town, Killian's minutes would plummet, and then Cade got hurt for 70 games and opened tons of minutes. This year Morris and Sasser come here and Monte Morris goes out for the entire year and Monty decides he hates Jaden Ivey and doesn't know how to use Sasser, so Killian gets more minutes on a silver platter.

Yes, he has played in 201 NBA games at 26.3 MPG which is crazy for someone who's been as bad at putting the ball in the basket as he is for a guard. It's also not like he's an elite defender... he's ok but he's not great. Being ok is better than most of our team but far from making up for his lack of offense. If Weaver extends the $10 million qualifying offer to him I'm going to be done being a Pistons fan I'll move my family to Orlando and we'll be Magic fans.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,345

Post#83 » by vege » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:30 am

bstein14 wrote:
Who says no? Wiggins has fallen off big time this season. and is still owed $80 million over the next three years

You got your answer right there.

Return to Detroit Pistons