ImageImageImage

Game 36: Pistons @ Nuggets 8PM EST

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,299

Re: Game 36: Pistons @ Nuggets 8PM EST 

Post#61 » by NYPiston » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:17 pm

flow wrote:Cade going down has no bearing on this being a catastrophic season. It already has been with him.

Not that he's to blame, or not a good player. But the injury just doesn't matter. The season is already in the books.

Completely disagree. He was the only thing that kept this season even remotely watchable. You can still have a horrible season and have at least a reason or two to watch.
In this case, Cade was pretty much the only reason to watch so if he's out for any length of time I personally won't bother to watch a minute more of this. So with Ausar in Monty's doghouse and pretty much every other young player as well, what's the point of watching now? Ivey getting a bigger role I suppose but his confidence isn't near what it was last year so that will likely be unwatchable too. Thanks for that Monty btw.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,385

Post#62 » by flow » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:30 pm

NYPiston wrote:
flow wrote:Cade going down has no bearing on this being a catastrophic season. It already has been with him.

Not that he's to blame, or not a good player. But the injury just doesn't matter. The season is already in the books.

Completely disagree. He was the only thing that kept this season even remotely watchable. You can still have a horrible season and have at least a reason or two to watch.
In this case, Cade was pretty much the only reason to watch so if he's out for any length of time I personally won't bother to watch a minute more of this. So with Ausar in Monty's doghouse and pretty much every other young player as well, what's the point of watching now? Ivey getting a bigger role I suppose but his confidence isn't near what it was last year so that will likely be unwatchable too. Thanks for that Monty btw.

You're not disagreeing with me. You just like watching Cade play. Which is fine. But his playing wasn't preventing the catastrophe that is this season.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,299

Post#63 » by NYPiston » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:14 pm

flow wrote:

You're not disagreeing with me. You just like watching Cade play. Which is fine. But his playing wasn't preventing the catastrophe that is this season.

I look at it this way. The season is a catastrophe either way but at least there's a smidge of entertainment when Cade is playing and a tiny ray of hope. Without him, it's a bottomless pit of nothingness especially with this coach who doesn't seem to be too interested in actually developing talent unless you consider Killian Hayes and Isiah Livers to be "talent".
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#64 » by Canadafan » Mon Jan 8, 2024 11:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=v2tcWYqd5ORtsNeYD-kSvg&s=19
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#65 » by Canadafan » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=OBaX5xjNUZ5OnCHWF9QUJg&s=19

Oh God. Here we go again with these evaluations lol
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#66 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:28 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=OBaX5xjNUZ5OnCHWF9QUJg&s=19

Oh God. Here we go again with these evaluations lol

Yeah I don't really understand this stuff. Aren't you "evaluating" your franchise player basically on a daily basis when he's got an injury like this? 7-10 days probably means he's out for 2 weeks at least with this team's track record.

Return to Detroit Pistons