ImageImageImage

Game 34: Pistons @ Jazz 9PM EST

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,475

Re: Game 34: Pistons @ Jazz 9PM EST 

Post#141 » by Billl » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:16 pm

LOL at the "we shouldn't shoot this well and lose" idea. We shot 46% from 3. Utah shot 50%. We got outshot. All the good NBA shooting teams are in that 38-39% range EVERY NIGHT! We are dead last in 3 point makes, so even have a slightly better than average game feels like we are on fire.

It's nice to the see the team looking something like an NBA quality offense out there now that we've been forced to start a shooters at the 3 and 4. Hopefully everyone in management is paying attention. Livers and knox are fringe nba players, but the offense looks so much better with that sort of skillset out there.
Defensively, wow, what a trainwreck. After Duren, the best defender out there might be cade? And he's been below average. This team isn't going to be competitive until we add a couple forwards who can bot shoot and defend at a decent nba-starter level.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,023

Post#142 » by zeebneeb » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:49 pm

Billl wrote:LOL at the "we shouldn't shoot this well and lose" idea. We shot 46% from 3. Utah shot 50%. We got outshot. All the good NBA shooting teams are in that 38-39% range EVERY NIGHT! We are dead last in 3 point makes, so even have a slightly better than average game feels like we are on fire.

It's nice to the see the team looking something like an NBA quality offense out there now that we've been forced to start a shooters at the 3 and 4. Hopefully everyone in management is paying attention. Livers and knox are fringe nba players, but the offense looks so much better with that sort of skillset out there.
Defensively, wow, what a trainwreck. After Duren, the best defender out there might be cade? And he's been below average. This team isn't going to be competitive until we add a couple forwards who can bot shoot and defend at a decent nba-starter level.
I would like to add nothing.

perfection.
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,279

Post#143 » by Neptune » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:01 pm

I just looked at the box score. I didn't even realize Livers played over 30 mins and Hayes played 11 mins. Ivey played 21 mins(should have played all of Hayes mins and given the keys when Cade is out) and Ausar played 11 mins(should have played half of Livers mins).

I'm trying my best not to call Monty Williams, Bounty Williams. But man, what the hell!
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,023

Post#144 » by zeebneeb » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:18 pm

Neptune wrote:I just looked at the box score. I didn't even realize Livers played over 30 mins and Hayes played 11 mins. Ivey played 21 mins(should have played all of Hayes mins and given the keys when Cade is out) and Ausar played 11 mins(should have played half of Livers mins).

I'm trying my best not to call Monty Williams, Bounty Williams. But man, what the hell!
Montys lineups, and use of players is truly terrible.

The Pistons can't seem to get a good coach. The past two have both had fatal flaws, that they just can't seem to overcome. I don't know if that's due to EGO, stupidity, or profound ignorance.

If the players fail, I can live with that all day long. It's when game in, and game out, Monty is making absolutely idiotic decisions, it drives me nuts.

Your right in that Ivey should have played every minute that Hayes would have gotten, but what can ya do?

I can guarantee that when(IF) Monte comes back, Ivey will probably have his minutes cut, again.

Monty is doing irreversible damage to the team, and its players, and its going to have ramifications going forward, that could be horrendous.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 480

Post#145 » by Crymson » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:09 pm

After all this time, after all this bad coaching, we've now got a coach who often looks like he's doing whatever he can to lose games. At the very best, he's outrageously incompetent to a degree that's hard to fathom. At worst, he doesn't care and wants to be fired.

I'd talk about how Gores needs to do something, but we know that ain't happening.
MortSahlfan
Sixth Man
And1: 498

Post#146 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:39 pm

I was watching this, and Kirk Douglas tells Arsenio Hall how everyone wants to be a champion in their field, and then talk about Isiah, a champion on the floor and off the floor.

1hr 20 minute mark

Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,407

Post#147 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 12:19 am

Exciting game at least. If we had league average players playing in place of Killian and Livers, we win easily.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,462

Post#148 » by Mr Peanut » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:57 am

BDM22 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:Didn't affect the outcome of the game in the end, but surely others noticed that for the last Utah defensive possession in regulation that Monty subbed out Cade for Killian, knowing that we had no timeouts and therefore Killian would have to be out there instead of Cade for our final offensive possession? That made no sense to me.

I'll give him a pass there. Cade had 5 fouls and it really made no sense for Utah to leave like 5 seconds on the clock when they took their last shot. Though it is weird that he took Cade out for defense but didn't take Bojan out for the same reason.

I think that's the thing that perplexed me, is that there were worse defenders on the floor (i.e. Bojan, Burks). But Monty must have known there was at least a reasonable chance we could end up with the ball with a few seconds left and having our best offensive player on the floor would be key.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,324

Post#149 » by Moses ShamMoses » Fri Jan 5, 2024 5:57 pm

Cade had a nice game overall but I was a bit disappointed to see him defer to other guys like Bojan down the stretch. The whole time I was hoping Cade would impose his will in the 4th and he looked kind of flustered again.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#150 » by keepitrealhomes » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:04 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:Cade had a nice game overall but I was a bit disappointed to see him defer to other guys like Bojan down the stretch. The whole time I was hoping Cade would impose his will in the 4th and he looked kind of flustered again.

Bogey and burkes were cooking down the stretch, and cade just missed shots?
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#151 » by keepitrealhomes » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:05 pm

Neptune wrote:I just looked at the box score. I didn't even realize Livers played over 30 mins and Hayes played 11 mins. Ivey played 21 mins(should have played all of Hayes mins and given the keys when Cade is out) and Ausar played 11 mins(should have played half of Livers mins).

Bounty Williams made me smirk
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,407

Post#152 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:26 pm

keepitrealhomes wrote:
Moses ShamMoses wrote:Cade had a nice game overall but I was a bit disappointed to see him defer to other guys like Bojan down the stretch. The whole time I was hoping Cade would impose his will in the 4th and he looked kind of flustered again.

Bogey and burkes were cooking down the stretch, and cade just missed shots?

He did have that one big 3 pointer, in overtime, I believe, when we still had a sliver of a prayer (before Killian's stupid off ball foul, I believe).

Return to Detroit Pistons