And1: 17

Re-drafting 2006 

Post#1 » by JoeyH » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:43 am

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#2 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:18 am

I knew, I just KNEW, Marques Colston would magically become a top-10 pick.

This is nearing as bad as (but DEFINITELY not worse than) the SI guy's fantasy draft.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,199
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:56 am

Marques Colston= best reciever in this draft.

O btw I don't think the Jets would take Mcneil over Brick.

Mcneil was great this year, but Brick could be THE best pass blocker in the league(LT pass blocking is like top 3 in importance to teams)
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#4 » by MHZ » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:08 pm

The Broncos traded up during the draft specifically to get a QB, so I don't know why they're still picking at 11.

Am I the only one that has issue with taking Young first overall?
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#5 » by UTMCretin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:49 pm

MHizzle wrote:The Broncos traded up during the draft specifically to get a QB, so I don't know why they're still picking at 11.

Am I the only one that has issue with taking Young first overall?

But.. but.. he wins games... Sure, he does it with a QB rating that Michael Vick would be crucified over and would even lower Kyle Boller's standards a tad, with more INT's than TD's, but you can't argue with near .500 success. Plus, with the Texans O-line, those legs of his would really come in handy.
RockyBalboa
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by RockyBalboa » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:24 am

Hester at 18? I thought he should of been a top 10 pick
BiggMann
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#7 » by BiggMann » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:07 pm

It's that time of year when sports writers with no inside info pull out their laptops and jot down rubbish.

not only was that revised draft ridiculous, but the picks that were made make no sense.

I mean, Mario Wiliams dropping that low is perposterous.... Colston in top ten is sickening. He's a solid WR, but no where near a top ten pick
Bye Bye Sloan, Good Riddance Deron. Hello new Era in Jazz Basketball.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#8 » by Basketball Jesus » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:18 pm

Ah yes, the knee-jerk assessment of a draft just one year later. Helping hack writers collect a paycheck since 1970.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,199
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#9 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:57 pm

BiggMann wrote:It's that time of year when sports writers with no inside info pull out their laptops and jot down rubbish.

not only was that revised draft ridiculous, but the picks that were made make no sense.

I mean, Mario Wiliams dropping that low is perposterous.... Colston in top ten is sickening. He's a solid WR, but no where near a top ten pick

Why is that so bad?

You do realize the pace he was on before his injury?

The only rookie receivers I remember playing better are Moss and Boldin.

It is even funnier, because the receivers in this draft blew, so I can definitely see him going top 10.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#10 » by MHZ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:36 pm

One. Count them, one of the eight guys didn't take Vince Young #1 overall. Quotes like "slam dunk" and "no-brainer" are used to describe picking VY #1 if you're Houston. Is this more for the PR move of keeping him at home, or is it because he's honestly head and shoulders above the rest of the field?

:banghead:

Return to The General NFL Board