Make me a fan of your team

Moderator: bwgood77

tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Make me a fan of your team 

Post#1 » by tkb » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:24 am

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to football. Watched about 10-15 games and i really loved it, so i'm going to start following the sport from now on. That means i need a favorite team (easier to follow a sport when you're rooting for someone).

I'm a huge Lakers fan, but i'm not bound to the LA area at all, so it doesn't matter if the team is close to LA or not. I don't put myself as a bandwagoner usually, but it would be hard to start rooting for a team who isn't competitive at least. Doesn't need to be the best team in the league, but not like the Grizzlies have been this year. I both enjoy watching great defense and great offense (in particular great qbs and great rbs). Of the games i watched i can say i enjoyed watching Brady, Manning and McNabb a lot.

Any suggestions to what team would suit me?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,205
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:36 am

The New Orleans Saints!!

A team that doesn't have a huge fanbase, but we are up and coming.

We have one of the top QB's in the league in Drew Brees, and a dynamic backfield, with Deuce Mcallister, who is one of the top backs in the league and Reggie Bush aka Baby Matrix. Marques Colston is one of the best young recievers the league has seen in a while and Devery Henderson could be the fastest man in the NFL.

If you enjoy Qb's and RB's it doesn't get any better IMO. Drew Brees is magnificent, and I think we have the best/most exciting RB tandem in the league, and Reggie is always good for a game breaking play.

The defense has the Fresh Prince Will smith, and they played solidly all year long, aside from the CB position.

The team is fueled by the emotion of the city, and the Superdome is a very intimidating place to play, but outside of Louisiana we don't have a big market.

We also need more fans from outside of New Orleans, and I know you are a terrific poster, and we would love to have you regularly post on the Saint's board.

The team never had a Superbowl appearance but we are legit contenders.

Plus we both like the Lakers/Odom so it just fits ;)
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
scottyo50
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by scottyo50 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:47 am

giants

Eli Manning, nuff said
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by tkb » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:18 am

New Orleans team sounds pretty exciting. Pretty tough to find football games over here, but i'll try my best to find a game so i can check them out.

Any other pitches for a team (thanks for the nice post btw NO-KG-AI)?

Out of the players i've watched, i think Tom Brady was the guy i liked the most. Just loved how cool and calm he seemed out there.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#5 » by J.Kim » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:43 pm

tkb wrote:New Orleans team sounds pretty exciting. Pretty tough to find football games over here, but i'll try my best to find a game so i can check them out.

Any other pitches for a team (thanks for the nice post btw NO-KG-AI)?

Out of the players i've watched, i think Tom Brady was the guy i liked the most. Just loved how cool and calm he seemed out there.

Please don't be a fan of the patriots. We have enough Pats homers to deal with, with Basketball Jesus and Sunshinekids99 as it is....

:lol:

But seriously though.. just start watching a lot of games, and you'll start to see yourself root for one team more than another.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#6 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:55 pm

Daaaaa Bears.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#7 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:05 pm

Baltimore Ravens -- If you like defense, you can't go wrong here.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Buck4Life » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:23 pm

Bengals!

Explosive/fun to watch offense

and

Chad Johnson will make you ROFL every week :lol:

Plus, WE WILL CONTEND NEXT SEASON!
Pacersin2007
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:25 pm

Indianapolis Colts.

Super Bowl Champions

The BETTER Manning.

'nuff said.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by tkb » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:42 pm

Colts were fun to watch. Peyton is a great player. Rhodes and Addai played awesome too (in the SB).
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#11 » by DelaneyRudd » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:42 pm

Since you probably don't know much about NFL Football I suggest becoming a Vikings fan. You will fit right in.
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#12 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:16 pm

Since misery loves company....Det. Lions :banghead:
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: Make me a fan of your team 

Post#13 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:19 pm

tkb wrote:Hey guys. I'm pretty new to football. Watched about 10-15 games and i really loved it, so i'm going to start following the sport from now on. That means i need a favorite team (easier to follow a sport when you're rooting for someone).

I'm a huge Lakers fan, but i'm not bound to the LA area at all, so it doesn't matter if the team is close to LA or not. I don't put myself as a bandwagoner usually, but it would be hard to start rooting for a team who isn't competitive at least. Doesn't need to be the best team in the league, but not like the Grizzlies have been this year. I both enjoy watching great defense and great offense (in particular great qbs and great rbs). Of the games i watched i can say i enjoyed watching Brady, Manning and McNabb a lot.

Any suggestions to what team would suit me?

Seeing how you're a laker fan and dont live in LA i assumed at some point in your life you jumped on the laker bandwagon in Magic's heyday :wink:

So i suggest joining the Dallas Cowboys the most successful NFL franchise we're already used to bandwagon jumpers and could probably take a couple more, we suffered some heartbreakers last year but our defense is young but loaded with potential and we have one of the most exciting erratic QB's Tony Romo its fun watching him scramble around in the pocket. Also we have Demarcus Ware an athletic freak and a future defensive player of the year.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#14 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:26 pm

Redskins... were guaranteed the offseason championship. Been winning for almost a decade.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Make me a fan of your team 

Post#15 » by tkb » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:00 pm

studcrackers wrote:Seeing how you're a laker fan and dont live in LA i assumed at some point in your life you jumped on the laker bandwagon in Magic's heyday :wink:

So i suggest joining the Dallas Cowboys the most successful NFL franchise we're already used to bandwagon jumpers and could probably take a couple more, we suffered some heartbreakers last year but our defense is young but loaded with potential and we have one of the most exciting erratic QB's Tony Romo its fun watching him scramble around in the pocket. Also we have Demarcus Ware an athletic freak and a future defensive player of the year.

Actually i became a Laker fan in 1996 (was 12 at the time). Collected basketball cards and got a card of Kobe i thought was cool so i started collecting his cards, then watched him play and i've been a fan of the franchise since. I actually used to be a Pistons fan (because of Grant Hill who was my favorite player) before that. Still rooting for Hill.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#16 » by MHZ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:01 pm

Buck4Life wrote:Bengals!

Explosive/fun to watch offense

and

Chad Johnson will make you ROFL every week :lol:

Plus, WE WILL CONTEND NEXT SEASON!

They'll contend, or all be cons... one of the two.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#17 » by MHZ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:03 pm

Obviously the Broncos are the team, BTW. Young QB with a cannon, underrated WR in Javon Walker, arguably the best defensive player in the league in Champ Bailey. New guys Dre Bly, Daniel Graham, and Travis Henry address needs in major ways. Now it's just about that God forsaken pass rush.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#18 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:05 pm

The Bengals! one of the most explosive offense in the league! Carson Palmer + Chad Johnson, you can't go wrong with that!!!
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#19 » by Next Coming » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:06 pm

Buffalo Bills-We could use the support.
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Post#20 » by straightguji » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:37 pm

Chicago Bears.

1) We have Rex Grossman.

2) We have the biggest fan-base on RealGM.

3) We have Rex Grossman.

Return to The General NFL Board