Week 16 Thread.

Moderator: bwgood77

last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Re: Week 16 Thread. 

Post#861 » by last stand » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:07 pm

El Turco wrote:Yeah people dont like to admit it but much of success in sports is falling ass backwards on the right player in the right time. I mean credit to him for seeing his potential and developing him, and he is a great defensive mind but Belichick probably would have been fired years ago if he didnt get lucky with Brady and Bledsoe injury.

Yeah fields or Mac jones are probably above average with that talent and shanahan so they would never really have a reason to move on to purdy. I mean if lance had done well at all im not sure they would’ve even moved on to purdy even post injury. Lance was just so bad it didn’t matter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#862 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:33 pm

Dak's press conference after the. How pathetic. He's not even good at that anymore. How are the new generation Cowboy fans gonna figure out anything anymore now that Dak has lost his touch at lying and bullsh...ng. :ouch: :clown:
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#863 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:16 pm

El Turco wrote:Image

So much blabber for a such an inconsequential game for NFC.

That's usually what happens when someone talks as much trash as you.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,354

Post#864 » by Papi_swav » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Ravens baby !!! We taking the chip this year !!

:falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: I think this is the 6th year in a row you have made this prediction. Once again it will end the same way. You know Lamar's neck swells up so bad come playoff time that he can't even breathe. Add that to his style of play and choking abilities, well, you know how it will end. I can see a team like Buffalo or Cleveland whipping their ass.

:lol: :lol: just like the cowgirls. Choke every single year literally, all that choking I'm surprised they still even have a pulse. Ohh and you're other cheating squad KC looking like trash even with the refs and the NFL on their side :lol:
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#865 » by Papi_swav » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Where the hell have you been!?

Been working hard man, something your boy bluejerseyStinx don't know about
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#866 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:06 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Where the hell have you been!?

Not really. Before I retired I was a suit and tie professional. I don't know what it is like to wear a paper hat and taking orders out of a clowns mouth for a living. But thank you for your 5 a year posts we get from you. If the Ravens don't win the Super bowl this will most likely be your last post till next season when, for the 7th year in a row you will be telling us it will be the Ravens all the way again baby in your early year predictions. Good stuff.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#867 » by Papi_swav » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:53 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Where the hell have you been!?

Not really. Before I retired I was a suit and tie professional. I don't know what it is like to wear a paper hat and taking orders out of a clowns mouth for a living. But thank you for your 5 a year posts we get from you. If the Ravens don't win the Super bowl this will most likely be your last post till next season when, for the 7th year in a row you will be telling us it will be the Ravens all the way again baby in your early year predictions. Good stuff.

you're retired and still act like a middle school child? yea it's true, some ppl just never grow up. I bet your in some tighty whitey's with a cowboy hat in your moms basement at 64 years old lol save some of that social security money bro
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,593

Post#868 » by Worm Guts » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:48 pm

last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:Yeah people dont like to admit it but much of success in sports is falling ass backwards on the right player in the right time. I mean credit to him for seeing his potential and developing him, and he is a great defensive mind but Belichick probably would have been fired years ago if he didnt get lucky with Brady and Bledsoe injury.

Yeah fields or Mac jones are probably above average with that talent and shanahan so they would never really have a reason to move on to purdy. I mean if lance had done well at all im not sure they would’ve even moved on to purdy even post injury. Lance was just so bad it didn’t matter

Trey Lance really didn't get much of an opportunity, 4 total starts over 2 years. Who knows what happens if he doesn't get hurt?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#869 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:23 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
last stand wrote:

Trey Lance really didn't get much of an opportunity, 4 total starts over 2 years. Who knows what happens if he doesn't get hurt?

Shanahan saw him in practice every day. Stats may deceive you but also in preseason games he always held on to the ball too long and couldnt make his reads.

If there was a sliver of hope Shanahan would have kept him, he was cheap for a backup quarterback.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,593

Post#870 » by Worm Guts » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:02 pm

El Turco wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
last stand wrote:

Shanahan saw him in practice every day. Stats may deceive you but also in preseason games he always held on to the ball too long and couldnt make his reads.

If there was a sliver of hope Shanahan would have kept him, he was cheap for a backup quarterback.

Maybe, but sometimes you also prefer a veteran voice in the QB room. I mean, he started Lance when they still had Jimmy G there.
I'm sure it means that Lance wasn't wowing him, but I don't know if he would have given up on him this early under normal circumstances either. He definitely didn't get the opportunity that most high draft picks get.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#871 » by last stand » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:44 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Maybe, but sometimes you also prefer a veteran voice in the QB room. I mean, he started Lance when they still had Jimmy G there.
I'm sure it means that Lance wasn't wowing him, but I don't know if he would have given up on him this early under normal circumstances either. He definitely didn't get the opportunity that most high draft picks get.

Trey lance is one of those rare guys I personally saw have no shot

When he was out there he just looked like he had no instincts. He was like reverse purdy

Purdy is all instincts and no exciting physical traits and lance is all exciting physical traits and no instincts

The moment Jalen hurts walked onto the field he started showing flashes. Justin fields immediately, lamar obviously. Thing is lance looked like he didn’t belong on the football field. He looked like a baseball player that the 49ers drafted to play quarterback. Maybe in the early 2000s when QBs typically were pro bowlers with 16tds he could’ve ran some weird Marty shottenheimer offense where he handed the ball off 1st and 2nd down and then bootlegged on 3rd but I just personally didn’t see anything from him. Not a flash
El Turco

Post#872 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:46 pm

Read on Twitter

I think enough time passed to have an adult conversation about Purdy's interceptions.

Looks like offensive line got outworked all game, and this cant happen at this rate as Purdy is not experienced enough to always make the right decisions under pressure. Brock will be fine, tape doesnt show anything mechanics related, he got 8 yards per attempt and was able to move the ball up and down especially first half despite 3 turnovers. But of course he needs to and will improve his awareness in the pocket by time, take a sack or throw it away when everything collapses.

He can survive without CMC or great receivers but it is apparent he cant survive without Trent Williams yet, at least against good defensive lines. It is no surprise out of 4 losses Purdy has Trent hasnt played or finished 3 of them. So whatever injury Trent has, he better recover by the playoffs. And Niners need to invest in a better offensive line in the offseason.

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#873 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:25 pm

El Turco wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think enough time passed to have an adult conversation about Purdy's interceptions.

Looks like offensive line got outworked all game, and this cant happen at this rate as Purdy is not experienced enough to always make the right decisions under pressure. Brock will be fine, tape doesnt show anything mechanics related, he got 8 yards per attempt and was able to move the ball up and down especially first half despite 3 turnovers. But of course he needs to and will improve his awareness in the pocket by time, take a sack or throw it away when everything collapses.

He can survive without CMC or great receivers but it is apparent he cant survive without Trent Williams yet, at least against good defensive lines. It is no surprise out of 4 losses Purdy has Trent hasnt played or finished 3 of them. So whatever injury Trent has, he better recover by the playoffs. And Niners need to invest in a better offensive line in the offseason.

To me it seemed like Purdy got rattled once his team got behind. He started pressing and (to me) looked like he didn’t know how to handle the situation. Purdy is great when playing with a lead but if his team ever gets behind, watch out because he’s about to lose the game for you.
El Turco

Post#874 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:42 pm

I am sure falling behind does rattle a guy who is essentially a rookie, so that is not totally invalid, but he pulled Niners within 1 point after the third interception and according to the in game probabilities Niners were the favorites to win going into second half. These rarely happen when you are -3 in the turnover department against a very good team.

QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#875 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:31 pm

El Turco wrote:Stats may deceive

Big if true.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#876 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:34 pm

El Turco wrote:
Read on Twitter

You're way too late; I already had that conversation:

QB_Eagles wrote:
goober wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:I would hate to play Baltimore at home or on the road they have playmakers on defense and Lamar is just doing absurd things on defense. Do they bench Purdy now that Baltimore just scored?

I don’t think Purdy’s play warrants being benched, 3 of the 4 interceptions were altered passes, not really anything he can do about it.

He did have a dropped INT, so I guess 2 would be the "representative" number.
El Turco

Post#877 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:25 pm

I am sorry, I hope I added bit more substance

Return to The General NFL Board