Week 14 Game Thread.

Moderator: bwgood77

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Re: Week 14 Game Thread. 

Post#381 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:46 pm

You think there is an quota on reviewing tape lol. They'll definitely review the tape from earlier matchups as well as last year's playoffs, quarterback is the same, head coach is the same. Actually I know for a fact coaches review earlier matchups.

What currently happens do not happen in a vacuum
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,169

Post#382 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:50 pm

El Turco wrote:You think there is a quota on reviewing tape lol. They'll definitely review the tape from earlier matchups as well as last year's playoffs, quarterback is the same, head coach is the same. Actually I know for a fact coaches review earlier matchups.

THIS season yes. We were talking about the relevance of previous seasons. Although you knew that and are now back peddling.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,045

Post#383 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:50 pm

Am I crazy or did the NFC all of a sudden become the powerhouse of the NFL and the NFC teams are the far more scarier group than the AFC? Miami beats up on the bad teams, but once they get up against one of the better teams, that offense all of a sudden looks more flash than substance. Im not sure Baltimore scares anyone either.

The NFC seems to have the best mix of teams with legit defenses and offenses that can really light it up on any given Sunday.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#384 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:53 pm

Jags suck. Eagles suck. Who am I supposed to root for now???
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#385 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:56 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:Jags suck. Eagles suck. Who am I supposed to root for now???

Florida St in the orange bowl
El Turco

Post#386 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:57 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:You think there is a quota on reviewing tape lol. They'll definitely review the tape from earlier matchups as well as last year's playoffs, quarterback is the same, head coach is the same. Actually I know for a fact coaches review earlier matchups.

THIS season yes. We were talking about the relevance of previous seasons. Although you knew that and are now back peddling.

Wtf, did you have brain aneurysm :lol: my every post on the subject specifically says earlier matchups including relevant matchups from recent years where quarterback, head coach, chunk of the players etc are the same. I only repeated this because I knew you rode the short bus, otherwise it wouldnt have been necessary in a normal dialogue after context was created. Alas...

Funny enough you went from only "RIGHT NOW" matters to "THIS SEASON" matters, i.e Niners-Cowboys game from the beginning of the season all of the sudden kosher, those goal posts are making my head spin lol

El Turco

Post#387 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:02 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Am I crazy or did the NFC all of a sudden become the powerhouse of the NFL and the NFC teams are the far more scarier group than the AFC? Miami beats up on the bad teams, but once they get up against one of the better teams, that offense all of a sudden looks more flash than substance. Im not sure Baltimore scares anyone either.

The NFC seems to have the best mix of teams with legit defenses and offenses that can really light it up on any given Sunday.

I might still take AFC in playoffs, their teams are underachieving but most of the top quarterbacks are still in AFC. In NFC you have Hurts, Purdy, Dak and Goff, and latter three have major question marks that they need to answer in playoffs.

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#388 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:06 pm

El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Wtf, did you have brain aneurysm :lol: my every post on the subject specifically says earlier matchups including relevant matchups from recent years where quarterback, head coach, chunk of the players etc are the same. I only repeated this because I knew you rode the short bus, otherwise it wouldnt have been necessary in a normal dialogue after context was created. Alas...

Funny enough you went from only "RIGHT NOW" matters to "THIS SEASON" matters, i.e Niners-Cowboys game from the beginning of the season all of the sudden kosher, those goal posts are making my head spin lol

The entire conversation started when BJJ brought up 49ers and Cowboys history vs each other. To which I replied those previous seasons have no bearing on the present.

You either understood that and are now back peddling, or it is you on the short bus.

Given that you are the poster who went about 8 pages with me in an absolute uproar over me saying Dak is a top 8-12 QB, I'm leaning short bus.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#389 » by last stand » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:29 pm

Man some cowboys fans beat the eagles in December which they’ve done like 7 years in a row and they really start puffing their chest out
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#390 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:31 pm

last stand wrote:Man some cowboys fans beat the eagles in December which they’ve done like 7 years in a row and they really start puffing their chest out

For the division, Eagles were 10-2 and just in the Super Bowl...so yeah.

But also Cowboys vs Eagles will result in chest puffing no matter what the situation is.

If the Eagles had won last night this thread would be full of Cowboy memes.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#391 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:45 pm

Given your recent string of luck. May I suggest Texas? :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#392 » by last stand » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:45 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
last stand wrote:Man some cowboys fans beat the eagles in December which they’ve done like 7 years in a row and they really start puffing their chest out

For the division, Eagles were 10-2 and just in the Super Bowl...so yeah.

But also Cowboys vs Eagles will result in chest puffing no matter what the situation is.

If the Eagles had won last night this thread would be full of Cowboy memes.

Not from me

I don’t care about the cowboys outside of home field. Outside of that the playoffs will always matter more to me. The eagles aren’t playing well right now and I’m not sure if they’ll figure out whatever’s ailing them, especially offensively. Winning last night would have meant very little to me, especially if they had come back from that deficit to do it, because the problems would still be there that got them rocked by the niners and eventually the cowboys.

As an eagles fan I thought it was really unrealistic to sweep the cowboys with a healthy roster save for diggs. That likelihood was very small. Them getting blown out is just par for the course based on how they’re playing. I even mentioned last week that the eagles were either going to blow the cowboys out or vice versa based on how both clubs were playing

It was obvious. It was either the eagles were going to “fix” whatever’s been ailing them, tighten up and flex their muscles, or they were going to run into the buzzsaw of a hot team at home who’s scoring a ton of points whilst the eagles illnesses persist and they get rocked

The latter happened and they still haven’t fixed whatever’s going on with their offense.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#393 » by last stand » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:59 pm

Also as much as I have issues with some of the roster building defensively. Choosing bradberry and slay over tj edwards and CJGJ

They do have a lot of youth on the DL and the offense has a ton of youth.

I would’ve preferred younger faster DBs, but the core issue with the eagles right now is offense. National media will focus on the defense. But eagles beat writers have been banging the drum it’s the offense. The team is built on getting leads and having the pass rush run wild.

Right now the offense is getting behind and so the defense is getting run on and dinked and dunked all over.

The roster construction is based around scoring early and often and the rushing the passer and the offense running the ball to close the game

The cowboys game was similar to the niners game

Niners game
Down the field FG
Down the field FG

Down 14-6 at half with the niners getting the ball.

Then the cowboys game.

Down 7-0
Drive down the field fumble
And then their next few drives FGs
And then to open the half a fumble on another promising drive

So people say defense but I straight up think the defense is being put in horrible holes and being asked to do things they aren’t built for which is tightening up and getting stop after stop so the offense can catch them up. And they got stops against Dallas. But the offense once again left them hanging constantly

And they’ve been doing that for a few weeks now. Including the KC game and the Buffalo game
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#394 » by wco81 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:09 pm

Looks like the Eagles DL was dominant early in the season and then gradually it wasn't and QBs like Howell was throwing for 300 yards on them.

They still have the potential to disrupt and cause some game-changing plays so nobody should count the Eagles out.

Brown could get on another roll like he was in midseason and Godert just came back.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#395 » by last stand » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:13 pm

wco81 wrote:Looks like the Eagles DL was dominant early in the season and then gradually it wasn't and QBs like Howell was throwing for 300 yards on them.

They still have the potential to disrupt and cause some game-changing plays so nobody should count the Eagles out.

Brown could get on another roll like he was in midseason and Godert just came back.

The defensive lines lack of dominance has coincided directly with the offenses decline efficiency wise

The eagles just aren’t playing complimentary football at all right now
El Turco

Post#396 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:THIS season yes. We were talking about the relevance of previous seasons. Although you knew that and are now back peddling.

The entire conversation started when BJJ brought up 49ers and Cowboys history vs each other. To which I replied those previous seasons have no bearing on the present.

You either understood that and are now back peddling, or it is you on the short bus.

Given that you are the poster who went about 8 pages with me in an absolute uproar over me saying Dak is a top 8-12 QB, I'm leaning short bus.

and I said even though 5-10 years ago does not have any relevance, recent matchups between the teams including last 2 years' playoff games that involved some of the same personnel does have predictive significance, as the best predictor of future is past performance. At this point your brain short circuited and started talking about paddling something even though my argument hasnt changed a bit. Couldnt even come up with your own clapback, short bus boy :lol:

I think all this tantrum is stemming from the hurt Niners has put on Cowboys recent years, which is the ample proof that shows recent results DO traumatize Cowboys franchise lol

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#397 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:42 pm

The officials. :wink: :rofl:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#398 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:Record against the same conference is the three team tie-breaker, right? Glad Niners got most of their losses against AFC teams.

First tie breaker is head to head. Second tie breaker is record with in the conference. Niners win both as of today.

Actually the 2nd tie breaker is division record and then conference record. If the Cowboys and Eagles finish with the exact same record it will likely come down to the 5th or 6th tie breaker.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#399 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:51 pm

El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:

and I said even though 5-10 years ago does not have any relevance, recent matchups between the teams including last 2 years' playoff games that involved some of the same personnel does have predictive significance, as the best predictor of future is past performance. At this point your brain short circuited and started talking about paddling something even though my argument hasnt changed a bit. Couldnt even come up with your own clapback, short bus boy :lol:

I think all this tantrum is stemming from the hurt Niners has put on Cowboys recent years, which is the ample proof that shows recent results DO traumatize Cowboys franchise lol

When the coaches hit the film room they are going to start with the most recent games played nitwit. I mean I wish you were right, I wish the 9ers looked at the past seasons as to how to prepare for Dallas.

"I'll watch the last three games of a team on Monday and Tuesday and then once we get to gameplan Tuesday, I'll prepare a day ahead," McLeod said. "So I'll watch first and second down Tuesday nights, because we practice that on Wednesday, then I'll watch third downs on Wednesday, and red zone on Thursday night. Then I'll pick out some games and watch the first half of those games and then more red zone.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/inside-the-game-how-players-do-film-study-20309663

^^^ Rodney McLeod
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#400 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:Record against the same conference is the three team tie-breaker, right? Glad Niners got most of their losses against AFC teams.

First tie breaker is head to head. Second tie breaker is record with in the conference. Niners win both as of today.

Actually the 2nd tie breaker is division record and then conference record. If the Cowboys and Eagles finish with the exact same record it will likely come down to the 5th or 6th tie breaker.

But the Niners are not in the same division with the Cowboys and Egals so in that case the second tie breaker is record in the conference. Between the Cowboys and Egals tie breaker, you are absolutely right.

Return to The General NFL Board