bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Re: Week 10 Thread 

Post#222 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:29 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=hi0JE3ffsKwajv4v9mIKSA&s=19

I really don't want to bring up Dak Prescott in here. I'm sure most roll their eyes. But if that was the Cowboys last night there would be 5-10 pages on Daks INTs.

We don't even have to talk about Dak.....I'd like to know why does Allen consistently get free passes for bad games? I can understand Mahomes getting a free pass, but not Allen. He is still probably in everyone's top-3 list. Bad games ignored.

:violin: :violin: :violin:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#223 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:58 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=hi0JE3ffsKwajv4v9mIKSA&s=19

I really don't want to bring up Dak Prescott in here. I'm sure most roll their eyes. But if that was the Cowboys last night there would be 5-10 pages on Daks INTs.

We don't even have to talk about Dak.....I'd like to know why does Allen consistently get free passes for bad games? I can understand Mahomes getting a free pass, but not Allen. He is still probably in everyone's top-3 list. Bad games ignored.

So why do you keep bringing him up? You know you want to. Dak had a monster games against the Giants. You can't wait to stick your chest out this week. Dak for MVP, Dak for President, we can win a super bowl with him now, I mean its all coming sometime this week. Let it out !!!!!! Dak to the rescue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,169

Post#224 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:44 pm

Why do I keep bring up Dak? That's rich coming from you of all people. If that were Dak last night I'd have woken up to a 200 page novel written by you in a drunken fury in here on why Dak is the worst thing to ever touch a football.

I didn't even mention the Giants, but I can see that game strangely triggered you lol.

This isn't really about Dak though. Allen, on prime time NFL, throws 2 ints as the Bills go onto a losing season, and not a peep from anyone. RG3 sees it, and it needs to be talked about.

Why does Allen get such high praise and why are his failures ignored?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#225 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:03 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Why do I keep bring up Dak? That's rich coming from you of all people. If that were Dak last night I'd have woken up to a 200 page novel written by you in a drunken fury in here on why Dak is the worst thing to ever touch a football.

I didn't even mention the Giants, but I can see that game strangely triggered you lol.

This isn't really about Dak though. Allen, on prime time NFL, throws 2 ints as the Bills go onto a losing season, and not a peep from anyone. RG3 sees it, and it needs to be talked about.

I've never been a fan of Allen so you must be referring to another poster on that one. Allen is nothing but a selfish gun slinger and in my honest opinion he has always rubbed me the wrong way. I could careless about anything Josh Allen so have at it. I'm all for any advantage Showtime and the Chiefs get in the AFC.
But you keep bringing up Dak even when you say you don't want to talk about him. I think you are the one that is strangely triggered because Allen isn't talked about the same way as Dak when he plays like crap. One reason is very obvious and you already know the answer.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#226 » by last stand » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:35 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Why do I keep bring up Dak? That's rich coming from you of all people. If that were Dak last night I'd have woken up to a 200 page novel written by you in a drunken fury in here on why Dak is the worst thing to ever touch a football.

Except those 200 page novels would feature mostly your words since you’re essentially the main/only pro-dak presence on this message board. You act as though your involvement in the 200 page novel is just as a reader and not as it’s author

When dak even reaches a conference championship we can discuss Allen vs Dak

I watched Allen go blow for blow with mahomes in the AFC title game

I watched dak unable to get out of the divisional round again

But quite frankly Josh Allen gets torn down pretty regularly. People have comped him to wentz before.

Josh Allen is a notch above dak, cousins and Herbert and a notch below burrow, 2 notches below mahomes
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,169

Post#227 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:00 pm

last stand wrote:But quite frankly Josh Allen gets torn down pretty regularly. People have comped him to wentz before.

Nope he probably be the concensus #2 behind Mahomes in here. Despite throwing more INTs than any other QB in the league over the last 5 years.

The stuff I'm seeing on social media today are people labeling it a Madden curse.

Not sure how he earned a Madden cover to begin with.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#228 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,042

Post#229 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

McDermott shouldn’t be too far behind. A lot of talent being wasted up in Buffalo and they seemed to have plateaued.

I think what that team needs is a young offensive minded coach that can draw up some more creative offense for that team and to get Allen to take the next step and chill with the gunslinger moments.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#230 » by El Turco » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:44 pm

Yeah this isnt the time to have a defensive minded head coach. Only way it would work if you have a great offensive mind as a coordinator, which is catch-22 because he'll leave to become a head coach as soon as there is some success.

Demaco Ryans is probably the only defensive coach that has had success last few years, and he has a cheat code type of quarterback plus coaches from Shanahan's crew. Vrabel if you wanna count him.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#231 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:05 pm

El Turco wrote:Yeah this isnt the time to have a defensive minded head coach. Only way it would work if you have a great offensive mind as a coordinator, which is catch-22 because he'll leave to become a head coach as soon as there is some success.

Demaco Ryans is probably the only defensive coach that has had success last few years, and he has a cheat code type of quarterback plus coaches from Shanahan's crew. Vrabel if you wanna count him.

The thing about DeMeco too is even though he was a defensive player and obviously has a defensive mindset, he's always been a terrific leader even when he was still playing. His teammates always loved and respected him(they named him captain in his rookie season!) and followed his lead, which is why I was really happy when they hired him.

Time will tell how good he can really be as the head coach but he's smart as hell, a great leader and knows how to surround himself with the right staff to have success.

Having a legit franchise QB(which Stroud definitely appears to be so far) obviously helps a ton...let's hope he doesn't go down the "drop the towel" path some other folks have done in the past.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#232 » by azcatz11 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:34 pm

Stroud is a top 3 QB in the league rn.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#233 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:58 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I really don't want to bring up Dak Prescott in here. I'm sure most roll their eyes. But if that was the Cowboys last night there would be 5-10 pages on Daks INTs.

Like how he was blameless on the first Int (went off the receivers hands) and the second one was an amazing play by the CB?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#234 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:07 am

azcatz11 wrote:Stroud is a top 3 QB in the league rn.
Yeah he's either 3-4-5 depends on where you have Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Tua. I still think Jalen Hurts and Mahomes are the two best QBs right now.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#235 » by azcatz11 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:14 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Stroud is a top 3 QB in the league rn.
Yeah he's either 3-4-5 depends on where you have Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Tua. I still think Jalen Hurts and Mahomes are the two best QBs right now.

Lamar has obviously put up pedestrian numbers the past like month. Haven’t really watched too many ravens to know how he’s playing. Obviously they’ve had huge leads. Texans will make the playoffs I think especially since the rest of their schedule sucks.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#236 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:36 pm

Watson out for the season with shoulder injury eh? Can't he just have it massaged?

EDIT:

Read on Twitter

Ouch.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.

Return to The General NFL Board