Smack talk thread?

Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,179

Re: Smack talk thread? 

Post#1181 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:46 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I see after a few months you still can't tell when I'm serious or messing around. I suggest when you have a hard time telling, ask Mr. B or Jack. After 9 years they know me well. :D 8-)

Weren't you saying things like the vibe of this team is different this season? Or that the curse was lifted with Jerry inducting Jimmy to the Ring of Honor? Those were all jokes?

I don’t speak for BJJ but I personally took all that with a grain of salt. Sometimes it’s hard not to drink the cool aid even if you KNOW what this team really is (front running pretenders). You might remember that I reminded BJJ that we’ve seen this before and until they do something different I don’t believe they can win deep into the playoffs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,381

Post#1182 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:48 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I see after a few months you still can't tell when I'm serious or messing around. I suggest when you have a hard time telling, ask Mr. B or Jack. After 9 years they know me well. :D 8-)

Weren't you saying things like the vibe of this team is different this season? Or that the curse was lifted with Jerry inducting Jimmy to the Ring of Honor? Those were all jokes?

For the most part, yes. I wore the Dallas Cowboy homer hat for a few weeks, bumped up a couple old Cowboy threads and everything took off. Look how the dead Dak Prescott thread took off. All the new posters fell for it and that thread alone more than tripled. A little smack talk here, smack talk there and here we are today. Even el turco knew I was completely foolish when I posted Cowboys >>> Niners. That's why he didn't respond and so many other did. He knew what I was doing and he's known me for 9 years now. And now all the Dallas haters have all kinds of material to use at my expense. I just had to put a bull's eye on me for a few weeks. But in the end, I really got what I wanted. Getting Dak and McCarthy out of here. It just came a week earlier than I thought it would.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#1183 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

For the most part, yes. I wore the Dallas Cowboy homer hat for a few weeks, bumped up a couple old Cowboy threads and everything took off. Look how the dead Dak Prescott thread took off. All the new posters fell for it and that thread alone more than tripled. A little smack talk here, smack talk there and here we are today. Even el turco knew I was completely foolish when I posted Cowboys >>> Niners. That's why he didn't respond and so many other did. He knew what I was doing and he's known me for 9 years now. And now all the Dallas haters have all kinds of material to use at my expense. I just had to put a bull's eye on me for a few weeks. But in the end, I really got what I wanted. Getting Dak and McCarthy out of here. It just came a week earlier than I thought it would.

Nah, I'm not buying it. You're just trying to save face. Who would have cared if you kept hating on Dak/MM and predicted an early playoff exit? In fact, you'd look smart now.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,225

Post#1184 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Don't count them chickens just yet!

For sure MM has to be gone though...
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1185 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:10 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Weren't you saying things like the vibe of this team is different this season? Or that the curse was lifted with Jerry inducting Jimmy to the Ring of Honor? Those were all jokes?

Nah, I'm not buying it. You're just trying to save face. Who would have cared if you kept hating on Dak/MM and predicted an early playoff exit? In fact, you'd look smart now.

Maybe you forgot but BJJ was taking a lot of hell for speaking the truth about Dak.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#1186 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:For the most part, yes. I wore the Dallas Cowboy homer hat for a few weeks, bumped up a couple old Cowboy threads and everything took off. Look how the dead Dak Prescott thread took off. All the new posters fell for it and that thread alone more than tripled. A little smack talk here, smack talk there and here we are today. Even el turco knew I was completely foolish when I posted Cowboys >>> Niners. That's why he didn't respond and so many other did. He knew what I was doing and he's known me for 9 years now. And now all the Dallas haters have all kinds of material to use at my expense. I just had to put a bull's eye on me for a few weeks. But in the end, I really got what I wanted. Getting Dak and McCarthy out of here. It just came a week earlier than I thought it would.

Maybe you forgot but BJJ was taking a lot of hell for speaking the truth about Dak.

Not from me.

I just think it's fake and weird to pretend to root for your own team, when you hate Dak/MM and could have predicted a playoff choke instead. I have no respect for that.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1187 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:18 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Nah, I'm not buying it. You're just trying to save face. Who would have cared if you kept hating on Dak/MM and predicted an early playoff exit? In fact, you'd look smart now.

Not from me.

I just think it's fake and weird to pretend to root for your own team, when you hate Dak/MM and could have predicted a playoff choke instead. I have no respect for that.

He tried doing it the way he felt and people talked **** about “not being a real fan”. And that wasn’t coming from just a certain Cowboys fan. I believe even Jaydubb gave him hell for rooting for his team to lose. Maybe now you guys will understand why he was doing that.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#1188 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:21 pm

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:Maybe you forgot but BJJ was taking a lot of hell for speaking the truth about Dak.

Not from me.

He tried doing it the way he felt and people talked **** about “not being a real fan”. And that wasn’t coming from just a certain Cowboys fan. I believe even Jaydubb gave him hell for rooting for his team to lose. Maybe now you guys will understand why he was doing that.

I joke around here, too, but you won't see me pretend to hold an opinion I don't really hold for more than 1 post.

I do really like Josh Allen for example.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1189 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:30 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Not from me.

I joke around here, too, but you won't see me pretend to hold an opinion I don't really hold for more than 1 post.

Some of you guys have just met BJJ but a couple of us have been posting here for years and know what BJJ really thinks about the Cowboys and what he thinks about the guys that play for the team.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#1190 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:Maybe you forgot but BJJ was taking a lot of hell for speaking the truth about Dak.

Not from me.

It's not just about Dak though, he's overly negative about the entire franchise in general. BJJ is the only "fan" I've seen who refers to the team as the "Cowgirls".

I'll say that in the last few weeks he's been more of a real fan. He was more optimistic than I was going into the playoffs. So maybe that's why this one hit hard, he finally turned the corner and then got **** on.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#1191 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:He tried doing it the way he felt and people talked **** about “not being a real fan”. And that wasn’t coming from just a certain Cowboys fan. I believe even Jaydubb gave him hell for rooting for his team to lose. Maybe now you guys will understand why he was doing that.

Some of you guys have just met BJJ but a couple of us have been posting here for years and know what BJJ really thinks about the Cowboys and what he thinks about the guys that play for the team.

That's cool but then why play pretend? Pointless to argue with fake opinions.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1192 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:56 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:I joke around here, too, but you won't see me pretend to hold an opinion I don't really hold for more than 1 post.

That's cool but then why play pretend? Pointless to argue with fake opinions.

Probably just to keep the convo going and the board lively?
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 354

Post#1193 » by Jaydubb » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Not from me.

I don’t remember giving him hell for rooting for his team to lose.lol I actually didn’t even know he did that. Everything I’ve said about BJJ was just busting his balls. Nothing was to be taken too seriously. He likes to playfully talk **** and so do I, some people interpret it the wrong way though.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,457

Post#1194 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:53 am

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:He tried doing it the way he felt and people talked **** about “not being a real fan”. And that wasn’t coming from just a certain Cowboys fan. I believe even Jaydubb gave him hell for rooting for his team to lose. Maybe now you guys will understand why he was doing that.

Wait, are these some of the PSD people?
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1195 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:57 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:No question who the best division in football is, wow.Image
Well, Browns lost by 31 and Steelers lost by 14 so may just be regular season strong. We'll see what the Ravens do next week in their 1st playoff game this season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1196 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:09 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:I joke around here, too, but you won't see me pretend to hold an opinion I don't really hold for more than 1 post.

Yea there are several PSD posters here now.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1197 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:21 am

Mr B wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
Mr B wrote:Some of you guys have just met BJJ but a couple of us have been posting here for years and know what BJJ really thinks about the Cowboys and what he thinks about the guys that play for the team.

The NFL forum used to be huge over there.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1198 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:29 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Mr B wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Wait, are these some of the PSD people?

A lot of the posters there were still there moved over here once PSD shut down.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1199 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:59 am

Mr B wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yea there are several PSD posters here now.

After a quick google search, i saw it closed shop last July. I hadn't been over there for several years and even when i was, rarely went to the NFL section. Threads would go pages deep so fast lol
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 354

Post#1200 » by Jaydubb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:32 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Mr B wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:The NFL forum used to be huge over there.

After a quick google search, i saw it closed shop last July. I hadn't been over there for several years and even when i was, rarely went to the NFL section. Threads would go pages deep so fast lol

It started to die. Most threads were dominated by eagle or cowboy talk which as an eagle fan I’m ok with but I fully understand why it’d be annoying for everyone else

Return to The General NFL Board