RealGM
And1: 4,644

Trade Deadline Expectations Thread 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Who needs to make a deal?
Who can you see being moved?
Who are the buyers?
Who are the sellers?

My Dodgers need another quality starter….I like Hamels, Cueto, Zimmermann and Kazmir.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
CentralQB5
Pro Prospect
And1: 47

Re: Trade Deadline Expectations Thread 

Post#2 » by CentralQB5 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Red Sox are sellers I'm sorry but this team is terrible, Im not sure which pieces are actually tradable though. Napoli comes to mind but idk which team would want a .200 hitting "power hitter" Buchholz also could be moved
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#3 » by Higga » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Before the season started I predicted the Tigers would be sellers at the deadline. Right now they're in 3rd place, so its possible. They got pieces you know teams will want.

Phillies should sell but nobody wants those bloated contracts. And Ruin Tomorrow jr. seems hell bent on keeping the guys.

I'd love to see the Nats go after Chapman but Rizzo has never been big on giving up key prospects and his MO in the past has always been minor trade deadline moves for depth. Someone like Chapman would cost too much in prospects, but the idea of a Chapman to Storen 8th-9th(or vice versa)is delicious.

QG, there is no way the Nats trade Jordan Zimmermann at the deadline, unless by some disaster they're somehow not in contention by then. Worst comes to worst we ride him for the year and he walks in the off-season, but we're trying to win it all this year.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#4 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:55 am

Would be hilarious to see the Padres as sellers after being the prolific buyers in preseason. Safe to say that the braves are clear winners in those trades so far.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#5 » by Da Schwab » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:51 pm

I wonder if Miggy having this calf injury and being out until the middle of August will push the Tigers into being sellers?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Kazmir to the Astros
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#7 » by Mr. E » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Kazmir to the Astros

The first domino of the MLB non-waiver deadline trading season has fallen. The Oakland Athletics have sent left-hander Scott Kazmir to the Houston Astros for a duo of prospects -- right-hander Daniel Mengden and catcher Jacob Nottingham. Kazmir was to start Oakland's game Thursday, but instead he'll be moving on -- and up -- in the AL West standings.

Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle noted just prior to the deal being announced that Kazmir was hugging his teammates good-bye. She reported Wednesday night that a deal to Houston, which also is Kazmir's home, probably was coming.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25248455/first-big-trade-athletics-send-scott-kazmir-to-astros-for-prospects

Pretty good return for Houston. There are still a lot of quality trade chips in the organization if they are looking at making other moves.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#8 » by Higga » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Two Reds scouts were watching the Nats 1st round pick of last year pitch in person. Guessing he'd be the lynchpin for a Chapman trade. I'd love Chapman, and as long as we don't give up Joe Ross, Lucas Giolito, or Trea Turner I'm fine with acquiring him. We got a shot at winning a ring this year, lets go for it.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,304

Post#9 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:39 am

So Puig went from a superstar to an expendable player all in the span of a couple years. Wonder what team will take the bait, if any.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#10 » by Da Schwab » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:54 pm

I think Puig is the type of guy who could use a change of scenery. He went through the highs and lows with the Dodgers way too quickly, and I think that burned out both parties.

That said, I would have no objection to the Yankees going after him if the price isn't too extravagant.

Return to The General MLB Board