ImageImageImage

Dedication 2023 NBA title to the great NuggetsWY

Moderator: THE J0KER

Maf
Starter
And1: 876

Dedication 2023 NBA title to the great NuggetsWY 

Post#1 » by Maf » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:04 pm

Despite the joy of our first tittle there is also a great sadness. Many of us knew great guy, former mod with nickname of NuggetsWY. He was a Nuggets fan for decades, over here on Nuggets forums always making people to come together. I feel terrible he couldn´t se the unreal, the unthinkable, the best season any Nuggets fan could ever dream of. How I´d wish he loged in and wrote something like "Hi, I totally forgot my password."

So please, Nuggets fans, during this great times and celebrations give our great fan a think or two.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,346

Re: Dedication 2023 NBA title to the memory of great NuggetsWY 

Post#2 » by DaFan334 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:18 pm

I was unaware of his passing but great fan and poster, sorry he couldn't see this with us but appreciate this post in his honor. NugLife through and through, he would have been so happy and proud of this team!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 3, 2023 7:03 pm

The rumors of my demise are premature, but I did disappear for quite a while. My health has been very sketchy since before I retired as a RealGM moderator and things got pretty rough for quite some time. I've spent a lot of time in the hospital and more time so depressed it was hard to find the motivation to do anything.

With my faith in God and a great family and a VA program that sent the doctors and nurses and others to my house; I am starting to pull through.

I am so sad that I only watch 3 or 4 Nuggets games this season even though I saw the headlines sometimes. After the first round, I did manage to watch all of the rest of the playoffs.

I appreciate the love; and ask for patience as I begin to try to get back to "normal" which seems to be undefined any more. I still have health issues but many others have worse problems than me.

Thank you all
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 3, 2023 7:07 pm

A very special thank you to MAFwho had a private message waiting for me when I finally signed in.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,584

Re: Dedication 2023 NBA title to the great NuggetsWY 

Post#5 » by THE J0KER » Mon Jul 3, 2023 9:01 pm

Thanks for showing up! To see TODAY that you are still with us is one of the best gifts for my 50th birthday :lol:

You marked the Jokic era on this Denver subforum, I can imagine how happy you were a month ago despite all the problems. Let's hope our defending title run will be also a routine and stress-free campaign just like this 2023 championships run 8-)

Honestly, I didn't know what to do with this thread because I didn't get any independent confirmation nor denial (primarily from admin Howard), that's why I didn't put it on sticky nor sent any message. But I also couldn't delete or lock this thread because we all shared MAF's concerns, and I don't have a doubt that he was doing everything with the best of intentions. I'm really, really so glad that it's just a misunderstanding, so I have now little bit corrected the original title.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,275

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jul 4, 2023 1:48 pm

WY, welcome back (to the living ?) Hope your are feeling better Brother ! That Championship must've worked wonders
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Manolito
Senior
And1: 394

Post#7 » by Manolito » Tue Jul 4, 2023 2:40 pm

Good to see WY back to business!! So happy you could watch the championship run
Maf
Starter
And1: 876

Post#8 » by Maf » Tue Jul 4, 2023 5:45 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Thanks for showing up! To see TODAY that you are still with us is one of the best gifts for my 50th birthday :lol:

You marked the Jokic era on this Denver subforum, I can imagine how happy you were a month ago despite all the problems. Let's hope our defending title run will be also a routine and stress-free campaign just like this 2023 championships run 8-)

Honestly, I didn't know what to do with this thread because I didn't get any independent confirmation nor denial (primarily from admin Howard), that's why I didn't put it on sticky nor sent any message. But I also couldn't delete or lock this thread because we all shared MAF's concerns, and I don't have a doubt that he was doing everything with the best of intentions. I'm really, really so glad that it's just a misunderstanding, so I have now little bit corrected the original title.

First of all- Happy birthday to you!

Second- I knew NuggetsWY had some serious health issues and since I know how much he loves the team and that he wouldn't just disappear I feared the worst. So I am sorry to mislead you but to be honest, our man HAD tough times. But he showed the courage and toughness of true Nugget. :bowdown:

So to everyone, sorry I made you feel sad but from the other side, I really believe our man felt great when we showed how everyone cared about him.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#9 » by FilNugsFan » Tue Jul 4, 2023 8:07 pm

Glad seeing you post again NuggetsWY. Happy for you and of course to all us Nuggets fans who got to witness history. Wishing you well brother.

Also haven't seen Rebel for quite some time now. Wishing him well as well.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,852

Post#10 » by TunaFish » Thu Jul 6, 2023 1:30 pm

I just checked my account and saw a notification from NuggetsWy and thought I had been visited by a ghost. Glad you’re no ghost.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:17 am

Day by day my friends --- my prognosis is for continued recovery. The heart is solid but a disease did major damage to most of my internal organs. I should be around for quite some time but I'll make sure the family will let people know if I head to the Heavenly Court where I'll jump like the original Skywalker. Meanwhile, let's continue our celebrations.
:rockon:

Return to Denver Nuggets