Reggie Jackson

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,583

Reggie Jackson 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:12 am

Despite formally having just one all-star player, Denver's 5+1 starting lineup is probably the 2023 NBA best (TOP3 in any case). That is why bench improvement (especially on backcourt positions) is vital for the Nuggets after we lose Hyland. Proven NBA veteran combo-guard Reggie Jackson is really a good answer.

Manolito
Senior
And1: 394

Re: Reggie Jackson 

Post#2 » by Manolito » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:09 pm

Play Off stats in 20/21 season (WCF):
17.8p 3.4a 1.5tov 48-41-88% shooting splits with 7.5 3PA per game in 19 games.

We need half of that points with good efficiency. P&R with Bryant should be strong.

Let's hope father time did not hit him hard yet. I think he could even stay next season for a minimum deal.
Maf
Starter
And1: 874

Post#3 » by Maf » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:28 pm

It seems like everyone around the league loves Ish but man I am glad for having better back-up PG. So welcome Reggie.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,266

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:54 pm

So, after we win the Chip this year, do you think Reggie and perhaps to a lesser degree Thomas Bryant will want to stick around for another Chip ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,845

Post#5 » by TunaFish » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:29 am

skywalker33 wrote:So, after we win the Chip this year, do you think Reggie and perhaps to a lesser degree Thomas Bryant will want to stick around for another Chip ?

How do you fit them in to a team in the tax with only the tax payers exception or veterans minimum contracts? That applies also to Brown, Green, Jordan and Ish. In other words, almost our entire bench may be gone at the end of the season. The Nuggets are playing for a championship this season and the fact that they have loaded up on so many veterans as backups is proof.

I do think the Nuggets will try to retain at least one of these veterans by using the exception but a lot of these players especially Jackson are used to or expect mid range deals above 10 million. Are you are asking if any will take the minimum?
Canned in Denver.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 394

Post#6 » by Manolito » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:29 am

I think Jackson is a good candidate to take a minimum. He was raised in Colorado, already took the minimum once in LAC and the sixth man role in a contender is the best role he can ask for at this stage of his career. He is not getting starter contract anymore being 33.

BB can get maximum 7.8M from Denver, and that is the key question. Based on some previous movements, Booth is creative and he might find a way to pay him later, when KCP is expiring or gone.

DAJ, Green and Ish are gone, we have zero interest in them even for a minimum deal. We might spend part of the TMLE in Bryant but I assume he will get better offers in Summer

I am curious because FO did not want to trade 23SRP from WAS or OKC, they might have a clear target in the second round.

Potential best case bench scenario, only three signings needed (backup C most relevant):
RJax 3rd string PG minimum contract (Gillespie two way)
BB xxx
Braun / Watson
Zeke / Cancar
XXX Kamagate
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,266

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:54 pm

Found this tidbit interesting

"Sixers center Montrezl Harrell and Nuggets guard Reggie Jackson waived their right to veto trades during their 2023/24 season, Hoops Rumors has learned. As we detailed earlier today, players who re-sign with their previous teams on one-year deals (or two-year deals with a second-year option) get trade veto rights by default, but can choose to give up those rights."
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets