ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Shohei Ohtani Thread (Update: Ohtani signs with Dodgers 10 years, $700 million)

Moderator: JaysRule15

JN
RealGM
And1: 9,948

Re: Official Shohei Ohtani Thread 

Post#61 » by JN » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:38 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
Read on Twitter

That was like an hour ago. Now Nightengale, Heyman, Bowden, Nicholson Smith have all came out and denied the claim the claims made by Morosi, and that Ohtani is clearly not in Ontario.

Morosi probably hedged his bets on the flight tracker!

Morosi is apparently more useless than Doug Smith (or Grange, or Simmons, or Strachan).
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#62 » by polo007 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:38 pm

Read on Twitter
StringerBell
Veteran
And1: 2,200

Post#63 » by StringerBell » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:40 pm

Shoulda known. Morosi's been throwing **** against the wall all week.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#64 » by vaff87 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:41 pm

It didn’t even make sense that he would be flying to Toronto right now, anyway, imo. That’s not how these things usually work. Isn’t the Rogers Centre under renovation, too?
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,246

Post#65 » by Madvillainy2004 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:46 pm

Getting Dame Lillard PTSD lmao.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#66 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:48 pm

vaff87 wrote:It didn’t even make sense that he would be flying to Toronto right now, anyway, imo. That’s not how these things usually work. Isn’t the Rogers Centre under renovation, too?

The only reason would be to do a press conference. Everything else could be done elsewhere.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,289

Post#67 » by Mehar » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:48 pm

Hopefully Ohtani's decision is stretched out to tomorrow (December 9th), since it is my birthday. If Ohtani does indeed sign with the Jays, I will have two reasons to celebrate.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#68 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:51 pm

Mehar wrote:Hopefully Ohtani's decision is stretched out to tomorrow (December 9th), since it is my birthday. If Ohtani does indeed sign with the Jays, I will have two reasons to celebrate.

Or it could be your worst birthday ever.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,948

Post#69 » by JN » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:51 pm

When I heard Blair and Barker was coming on it increased my excitement level, and I was like fairly certain he was coming here.
After watching this **** for the past 45 minutes, and the recent tweets, I now feel much worse and that we are not getting him.

Probably both irrational. Anyway screw Morosi.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,518
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#70 » by SharoneWright » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:53 pm

JN wrote:When I heard Blair and Barker was coming on it increased my excitement level, and I was like fairly certain he was coming here.
After watching this **** for the past 45 minutes, and the recent tweets, I now feel much worse and that we are not getting him.

It’s so bizarre that they brought these two guys on this evening. If the Jays knew Ohtani was not on that flight, and wanted to quell speculation because Ohtani wants privacy…. Why would they bring in the baseball guys at this point? Why feed the hype?
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,453

Post#71 » by Ranger One » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:54 pm

Twitter has been an absolute Cesspool today. Basically to sum up all the reports for today and their "sources"...

Source: Trust me bro!
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#72 » by vaff87 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:54 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
vaff87 wrote:It didn’t even make sense that he would be flying to Toronto right now, anyway, imo. That’s not how these things usually work. Isn’t the Rogers Centre under renovation, too?

The only reason would be to do a press conference. Everything else could be done elsewhere.

Even that, press conferences usually seem to be at least a day or so after the news of a signing breaks. Sometimes in the off-season it can be weeks.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#73 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:56 pm

vaff87 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Even that, press conferences usually seem to be at least a day or so after the news of a signing breaks. Sometimes in the off-season it can be weeks.

Yes, it would have been odd for him to be flying in on a Friday night for sure. Poor Kikuchi btw. No one to eat dinner with.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,034

Post#74 » by Duffman100 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:57 pm

Why do I keep falling for this.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#75 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:57 pm

SharoneWright wrote:
JN wrote:When I heard Blair and Barker was coming on it increased my excitement level, and I was like fairly certain he was coming here.

It’s so bizarre that they brought these two guys on this evening. If the Jays knew Ohtani was not on that flight, and wanted to quell speculation because Ohtani wants privacy…. Why would they bring in the baseball guys at this point? Why feed the hype?

Why wouldn't they try to capitalize on that? Everyone else has been doing it all day.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,518
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#76 » by SharoneWright » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:59 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:

Why wouldn't they try to capitalize on that? Everyone else has been doing it all day.

Because maybe they actually want the player, more than the hype - that the player seems to abhor
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#77 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:59 pm

Ranger One wrote:Twitter has been an absolute Cesspool today. Basically to sum up all the reports for today and their "sources"...

Source: Trust me bro!

The only thing today that still gives me pause is that DodgersNation report. That guy who wrote that is a real journalist and he's sticking with his guns for now. The rest have unsurprisingly been people looking to capitalize on the hype (Morosi especially).

That said, I don't trust that report or anything else about any of this. Nobody outside of Passan has a flawless track record among the "insiders" and the Jays in particular have been burned multiple times on false reports in the past.
Davey0
Pro Prospect
And1: 692

Post#78 » by Davey0 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 10:59 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Why do I keep falling for this.

Like an ex that keeps coming back.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#79 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:00 pm

SharoneWright wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:

Because maybe they actually want the player, more than the hype - that the player seems to abhor

I don't think they care what the player does or doesn't abhor. Nor should they?
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,453

Post#80 » by Ranger One » Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:00 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Why do I keep falling for this.

Because we're human and we look for things to make us happy, even when they dont really exist or were realistic in the first place. This is why i havent invested emotionally into this after the Kawhi fiasco. Because you'll end up feeling depressed for a month once you find out hes a Dodger tomorrow.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."

Return to Toronto Blue Jays