Duran tries to find his role with Rangers

Moderators: Texas Chuck, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,163

Duran tries to find his role with Rangers 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm

"German Duran expected to be in a Texas Rangers uniform at some point this season, but he wasn't completely comfortable in it when he made his major league debut in April. Now, in his third stint, the infielder feels like he belongs in a big league uniform. He knows he can hit at baseball's top level and play quality defense. Most importantly, though, Duran knows that his role will likely be as a utility man. A pair of All-Stars, Ian Kinsler and Michael Young, aren't going anywhere, but Duran doesn't feel deterred. "To me, those are the guys I want to learn from," the Paschal High School graduate said. "I'm not going to put my head down, and say, 'These guys are All-Stars.' I'm going to ask ..."

Link
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Re: Duran tries to find his role with Rangers 

Post#2 » by catalyst » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:15 pm

I would like Arias and Duran to duke it out in the spring. Is he fast? With the Davis position switch, would an infield of Davis/Kinsler/Arias or Duran/Young around the horn work?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#3 » by studcrackers » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:56 pm

davis is going back to 1st this offseason, arias's arm is pretty shot so he probably cant play SS anymore. duran is very versatile and can play about any position. id like this IF next year:

1st - C. Davis
2nd - Kinsler
SS - Young (and when elvis andrus is ready, probably late 2009 or starting 2010, he's the SS)
3rd - travis metcalf - his bat is subpar but he's the best 3rd baseman we got and since young is terrible defensively and cant get to many balls it'd be nice to have a good defender next to him.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#4 » by catalyst » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 pm

What does that lineup bode for the very highly paid Young when Andrus makes his way South to Arlington?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#5 » by studcrackers » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:18 pm

young moves to 3rd and metcalf becomes the backup to young and probably davis. anything to get young off SS very below average defensively
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes

Return to Texas Rangers